New Farmer Having What I Think Is Mag Deficiency?

• Thread starter PirateG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PirateG

PirateG

I'm a new farmer with evidently wayyy too much time on my hands. I'm growing indoors in ProMix. The girls are in week 2 of Bloom and the stems have all changed to a deep purple which I understand is a symptom of Mag deficiency. What is the best way to clear that up? My Nute's= 150ppm Cal-Mag, then add 300ppm GN A&B (1/2 n 1/2) = total 450ppm, then PH to 5.8 ish. This makes 1 gallon. Everyone gets a gallon. Every week the total ppm of the base nutrients is being raised slowly as the the mix of A&B (leans more in favor of B). The girls get watered about every other day (when pots are almost dry). Other than the purple stems they are looking good. Is it safe to simply raise the Cal-Mag ppm to say 300ppm? And when should I switch to Mag-Sulfer (BammerBud)? I'm getting conflicting answers on that one...

New farmer having what i think is mag deficiency
Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Red stems are more phos deficiency but some plants just seem to have that tendency some of you newer leaves seem a little lite and I use promix and I keep my pH 6.1 - 6.3 as I was having actual mag deficiency which in most cases is pH contingent so anyways your plants look fine but I'd still raise the pH a little to fine tune it.

Top Bottom