New farmer/ Questions!?

• Thread starter Bitboss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bitboss

Bitboss

Hi everyone!

I'm new to growing and I'm hoping to learn a lot from everyone and hopefully pass down some knowledge one day, anyways I'm growing a few plants and I guess I got beginners luck or maybe not you tell me. I have a nice plant growing and I don't know if it's male or female and if it can produce any good bud. I've written down everything I've done to keep track. See attached pictures

New farmer  questions
New farmer  questions 2
New farmer  questions 3
New farmer  questions 4
New farmer  questions 5
New farmer  questions 6
New farmer  questions 7
karolanne

karolanne

Cuz I'm stupid and I'm learning LMAO
Yea I thought it was male, dose mean its worthless?
Unless you want to smoke less potent and full of explosive seeds (and some even complaint about a bad taste) weed, if this is a male, it's pretty worthless.

mancorn

mancorn

Cuz I'm stupid and I'm learning LMAO
Yea I thought it was male, dose mean its worthless?
Fair enough. With a male no harm no foul, but you never want to do trim like this on a female as you’re removing all the actual bud sites and just leaving fan leaves. (Just like removing all the green tomatoes and wondering why you don’t have any ripe ones.) A male plant ONLY produces pollen. It will not even make a seeded bud (which is a female plant that has been pollinated by a male) or less potent buds. It will never make any buds what so ever, just powder (pollen).

41A56771 7F2F 44BB 9FE7 028D4410F9DA

karolanne

karolanne

Fair enough. With a male no harm no foul, but you never want to do trim like this on a female as you’re removing all the actual bud sites and just leaving fan leaves. (Just like removing all the green tomatoes and wondering why you don’t have any ripe ones.) A male plant ONLY produces pollen. It will not even make a seeded bud (which is a female plant that has been pollinated by a male) or less potent buds. It will never make any buds what so ever, just powder (pollen).

View attachment 1156595
oooohhhhh, so the weed with seeds is a pollinated female?

karolanne

karolanne

On a positive note you did grow a good size healthy plant. Half the beginners can’t get their plants past the seedling stage without it falling over dead. So you’re doing something right! If you buy feminized seeds you’ll be guaranteed a female.
My very first grow went totally wrong. I ended up with plants that had buds and seeds, all of them. So I had an hermie that pollinised or something like that? There was no plant with just the pollen sacks. All buds and seeds... Thus I though males do buds too. I def had something male in the grow tent...

Ponky

Ponky

If you're wanting to get a strain and start with regular seeds it's a good idea to flip some clones right away and let them show you their sex so you can select some mother plants.

Bitboss

Bitboss

View attachment 1156595
Wow thank you for such great info!!!

Billymgb

Billymgb

Don't do anything bad to that plant yet cause it might be a female. I think it is. Good luck and welcome.

Bitboss

Bitboss

On a positive note you did grow a good size healthy plant. Half the beginners can’t get their plants past the seedling stage without it falling over dead. So you’re doing something right! If you buy feminized seeds you’ll be guaranteed a female.
Thanks so much 🙏 I used the summer squash I was growing on the side, I would bury the bad pieces near the plant and it grew like crazy

Bitboss

Bitboss

If you're wanting to get a strain and start with regular seeds it's a good idea to flip some clones right away and let them show you their sex so you can select some mother plants.
How would I even start do you have a video I can see ?

Bitboss

Bitboss

Here a quick update
Hi everyone!

I'm new to growing and I'm hoping to learn a lot from everyone and hopefully pass down some knowledge one day, anyways I'm growing a few plants and I guess I got beginners luck or maybe not you tell me. I have a nice plant growing and I don't know if it's male or female and if it can produce any good bud. I've written down everything I've done to keep track. See attached pictures
I

Top Bottom