New farmer/ Questions!?

• Thread starter Bitboss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badcableman

Badcableman

Oh boy. Literally. Sorry, friend. This is the one time when it's acceptable to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Unless, of course, this is some fantastic strain and you want to make seeds. I'm not a betting man, but in this case, I'll go out on a limb and venture to guess that you aren't.

Clip & compost. Move on...

FWIW, you DID grow a nice healthy plant. So you DId several things right... all of which to apply to your next grow!! Best of luck!!

Bitboss

Bitboss

Thanks for the input everyone, would it be possible to extract THC and use for baking?

Badcableman

Badcableman

Um.... No. Males only make pollen sacs. Think sperm. Only females produce buds. Think eggs. Only females produce THC in meaningful quantity, and only if they're not busy trying to produce viable seeds.

Unfertilized females are following the laws of nature... reproduce, reproduce, reproduce. They will make buds in that attempt. As long as the female goes unfertilized, she'll make buds... TRYING to get "pregnant". Your main goal is to prevent that... She gets some pollen from a neighboring male plant, and you'll get seeds. Babies. And shitty weed. The goal of sinsemilla (seed-free weed) is gone. Most will cull it. Some will save it to try to make some extract or something. But quality weed will be pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Males only serve one purpose... Fertilize females. If you're not a seed breeder, then that male plant is a write-off. Cull it and move on.

Bitboss

Bitboss

@Badcableman

I just read ur other post on the male I have and it's purpose, long story short I destroyed it 🙃... here's a pic I took just now

20210826 195428
Top Bottom