New farmer

• Thread starter GreatfulShu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

Ok I’ll definitely have too look into a drip line cause I do have to be gone sometimes for a few days doing roofing out of town. And also I got ph up so I’ll up ph as you suggested. As far as the you can tell from the pics. Do you think with some babying for a bit they’ll bounce back alright or I guess a better question would be what kind of time frame you think till I see some change? Can it be as quick as a couple nights I start to see a difference?
They should bounce back. pH up will increase your pH making it more alkaline. pH down will make your pH more acidic. Most growers need to add pH down.

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

Actually I have been doing a lot of reading/studying that’s how I knew that the purpling of stems could mean too much of something. However you can never learn too much so I’ll definitely do some more homework thanks @oldskol4evr for the advice. 2ml of cI was following the hydro feeding schedule and only add the bloom when I saw the hairs or pistils coming out. I do calmag every water but as @Seraphine said something earlier about nutrient lock out.im pretty sure thats my culprit as I haven’t been able to water everyday so there definitely was some salt build up, also haven’t flushed as often as I probably should
@Seraphine straight out of my tap I get 5.7 when I add the calmag and nutes it flats out 6 so I really haven’t been adding ph up or down. I’ll up the ph as you said.
@oldskol4evr I only have ph meter currently but have ppm on the way, anyways if the ph is significantly different in the run off in either direction, I assume that means there’s a problem in the medium correct? Attached before and after ph with only calmag added to water

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Actually I have been doing a lot of reading/studying that’s how I knew that the purpling of stems could mean too much of something. However you can never learn too much so I’ll definitely do some more homework thanks @oldskol4evr for the advice. 2ml of cI was following the hydro feeding schedule and only add the bloom when I saw the hairs or pistils coming out. I do calmag every water but as @Seraphine said something earlier about nutrient lock out.im pretty sure thats my culprit as I haven’t been able to water everyday so there definitely was some salt build up, also haven’t flushed as often as I probably should
@Seraphine straight out of my tap I get 5.7 when I add the calmag and nutes it flats out 6 so I really haven’t been adding ph up or down. I’ll up the ph as you said.
@oldskol4evr I only have ph meter currently but have ppm on the way, anyways if the ph is significantly different in the run off in either direction, I assume that means there’s a problem in the medium correct? Attached before and after ph with only calmag added to water
ok thats pretty close,what about when you feed that threw the pot,what is the run off,thats were you need the ppm count,if you send 750 ppm into the pot with your 6.2 ph feed,and the ppm comes out 1200 in your runoff ,that is salt build up and can kill your plant,every time you water which should be daily even in the 5 gal bucket ,you are exchanging air and nutes,you want at least 20 % of what your putting in to come right back out the bottom ,that is considered flushing ,each feed needs to have this to wash out old salts,i dont go over 3 gal pots in coco for the reason id rather feed 3 times a day and exchange air and nutes and force feed the plant by doing so with all fresh food versus trying to guess how much to put into a 5 gal bucket and keep the plant happy,so you think whats the difrence,my thought is 5 gal bucket sits there and you wash to runoff,with that 2 extra gal of coco did it really wash all the old shit out,im thinking not,so if your getting knats in the bottom of your pot the attractant is that old stinky ass nutes on bottom ,the salts and the smell of the coco compacting if you dig,in 1 gal or 3 gal pots,it easier to wash that shit out and even though the roots are still wet you are force feeding the roots with fresh food instead and not leaving the coco a chance to compact ,so remember how ever you feed or roll always 20 to 30% runoff in coco,and you will get more growth quickly by exchanging the air and nutes,yes you use more feed but wait and see the difrnece in growth and then decide if it worth it for you,this game isnt cheap by any means,soyou grow it or you buy it,your call,i prefer soil myself and im only giving you my experience of using coco,if i use it again it will sure be on a flood and drain table,to get product and a lot coco is the way to go

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

@oldskol4evr let me start by saying you and @Seraphine are one of the reasons I love the internet so much. Just genuinely helpful and kind in sharing information gathered thru experience. I mean it y’all have been a really big help. Following talks advice on flushing and changing feeding habits ( won’t be able to due ppm and ec till Amazon brings me my meter, got love amazon prime right!) but still thank you for the information on it I took notes so when I get meter I can get into that more.
to touch on pot size I do agree strongly with the 2 gallon size. That’s what’s mine in.
Also idk about where you live but forms I live in a state where its not exactly the legal thing to do but hell with going and buying it from some water head that could find his way out of a wet paper sack scketch ball dealer. Prices are ridiculous. I much rather spend the money and provide myself with quality meds. I’d say a very small price to pay in comparison. Lol that’s just my experience so far .
In some ways I wish I would’ve went soil. But am enjoying the new challenges coco brings. And drain table is the only way to go. I built a low one that fits a storage tub I had laying around so when it get full I slide it out and either shopvac it up or if it’s not real full just take it and dump it. Again thank you for the help I’m 100% sure I’ll have more questions in the future. But for now y’all over and out..
and remember just roll a fat jay just in case today’s the day✌️💨❤️🤹‍♂️

Top Bottom