New Farmer

• Thread starter Punky0923
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Punky0923

Punky0923

Yeah that’s probably why… different plants need to be treated differently. If your deals with all clones then generally they all get the same treatment. Thats one of the challenges of growing multiple strains
I am certainly seeing that now lol.
Next batch will just be 1 and that’s gonna be plenty for me ! But I’ll see what happens , hopefully not sudden death 😕

Punky0923

Punky0923

Ok now I know just how much of an idiot I truly am. So I have a routine when I water my plants based on my life schedule(work,wife,home,sleep) lol. I get home smoke a bowl, take care of outside vegetable garden then come in shower and then it’s time to care for my girls. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I started using a 1/2 gallon container to water with because it was easier to maneuver I side the tent when watering. Here’s where I get absolutely stupid…
So my Nute Rates we’re based on 64oz of water. I would typically pour Half of the container into each plant on 3rd day as I am watering 2-3 days. I did not account for the Half of a Half rate I was feeding them. Get it? My rate has been low for weeks!!! I’ve been starving my plants this whole time? Ugh, so I’m stoned and stupid🤔
I have changed my routine lol, I am smoking after all my chores are done to minimize my stupidity😬 and get them fed.
Let that be a lesson to anyone who isn’t paying close attention to their rates as it will most certainly affect the harvest, pay attention to your rates !!!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

IMO, if you're able to acquire more "clones" for free play with them and try different training techniques. I've done pretty much every type of plant training except for manifolding and I want to try that next. I have some seedlings transitioning into veg with their 6th node just now popping. I have 8 plants that survived germination and transplant, hopefully, out of the eight 7 are girls and one is male. I plan on scrogging 6 plants in a 5 x 5 tent and using the leftover male and female plant to produce seed for the next planting. GG #4. Once I have lots of seeds I can produce lots of little clones and try to manifold the best 6 females of the bunch and see how that turns out. Since I'll have lots of seed I'll probably also FIM and Top another set of 6 in case the manifolding fails then I'll have a backup set of plant material to move forward on the grow.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Ok now I know just how much of an idiot I truly am. So I have a routine when I water my plants based on my life schedule(work,wife,home,sleep) lol. I get home smoke a bowl, take care of outside vegetable garden then come in shower and then it’s time to care for my girls. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I started using a 1/2 gallon container to water with because it was easier to maneuver I side the tent when watering. Here’s where I get absolutely stupid…
So my Nute Rates we’re based on 64oz of water. I would typically pour Half of the container into each plant on 3rd day as I am watering 2-3 days. I did not account for the Half of a Half rate I was feeding them. Get it? My rate has been low for weeks!!! I’ve been starving my plants this whole time? Ugh, so I’m stoned and stupid🤔
I have changed my routine lol, I am smoking after all my chores are done to minimize my stupidity😬 and get them fed.
Let that be a lesson to anyone who isn’t paying close attention to their rates as it will most certainly affect the harvest, pay attention to your rates !!!
One of the great things about soil is that mistakes like that won't affect your plants all that much as long as your base soil started out solid. Before I transplant my clones or seedlings into gallon pots I make up a soil base of Roots Organic Original and amend it with some Xtreme Gardening MYKOS mycorrhizae to kick start the fungal and bacterial network that is going to help breakdown all that raw organic material into soluble food for the plant along with a few other amendments. Certainly giving them the correct amount of liquid nutrient fertilizer is important but don't kick yourself. The soil probably had more than enough nutrient to give it what it needed. Just adjust your nutrient PPM and move on.

Do you PPM/EC and PH your nutrient solutions because if you are then you should have no issues with giving them the correct amount of nutrients for the growth stage that they are in. I like to use Bluelab products for measuring and metering but any accurate meter should do the trick.

Remember, they're plants. They're resilient.

Punky0923

Punky0923

Here I am at week 5, amazed I haven’t yet killed my plants!!!!
I have two 7” fans . One is at top of tent blowing down/ diagonal and the other is on floor blowing against the opposite wall. Lots of air movement, however I’m going to switch to a tower/ oscillating fan.
Why? Because I have been seeing small spots of powdery mildew on some leaves very close to buds, most associated with the Knights Templar and I’m a bit surprised.
Any ideas other than changing my air circulation? It worries me as my humidity is at 37-43% now (usually throughout the day) and I’m already seeing mildew activity. Should I try to lower the humidity even more?

sambapati

sambapati

Here I am at week 5, amazed I haven’t yet killed my plants!!!!
I have two 7” fans . One is at top of tent blowing down/ diagonal and the other is on floor blowing against the opposite wall. Lots of air movement, however I’m going to switch to a tower/ oscillating fan.
Why? Because I have been seeing small spots of powdery mildew on some leaves very close to buds, most associated with the Knights Templar and I’m a bit surprised.
Any ideas other than changing my air circulation? It worries me as my humidity is at 37-43% now (usually throughout the day) and I’m already seeing mildew activity. Should I try to lower the humidity even more?
Can you bring in an air filter for catching the mildew?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Treat with Powdery Mildew Fungicide and keep watching for any signs of reinfection. Keep leaves dry when watering. Is your hygrometer correct? I wouldn't lower the humidity any lower as that may stress the plant.

You can also use Milk as a fungicide by mixing 60/40 water to milk.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I do actually have a filtration Charcoal system for the smell and would think it’s more than sufficient for the space, it’s on about mid range.
Make sure you bleach the interior of your tent after your harvest before you start the new grow to try and eliminate as much of the spores that may still remain inside so that you don't infect your new grow.

Punky0923

Punky0923

So here I am a day from week 6. How do they look? I know they’re likely undersized due to my Nutrient incident 🤫
I’ve had to deal with some powdery mildew spots on the Knights Templar and I hope it’s not a preclusion to disaster. The Romulan is untouched by any mildew and continues to thicken up. I believe the trichomes are around 20-30% amber, at least on the Knight, little less on the Romulan. I increased my exhaust to help mitigate the lack of airflow and repositioned a fan up top of tent. Any input on if I should be doing anything else?
DF833B32 A96F 4935 ABE9 4E954C76F906
24D25F4D 148B 45E8 9752 05FDDEEADD6F
3A6ECA55 5D99 4CB1 9204 9335C86AC454
2D3805D7 B68E 43CC 8B62 CAE006DF9E93

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Still 2+ weeks to go. Don’t rush the process.

sambapati

sambapati

Still 2+ weeks to go. Don’t rush the process.
What he said above is the down low. Go through all the steps including slowly adding to the dark time by 15 minutes per day in the last week. Then 24-48 hours of darkness....:) then we can talk about chopping. Got CO2 bag?

Punky0923

Punky0923

What he said above is the down low. Go through all the steps including slowly adding to the dark time by 15 minutes per day in the last week. Then 24-48 hours of darkness....:) then we can talk about chopping. Got CO2 bag?
No I unfortunately did not have a Co2 bag budgeted so I’m stuck with whatever % it is on average, I will definitely be adding to my grow equipment so I will have Co2 next round!!! Thank you for the light cycle adjustment, I will definitely follow and keep on top of the mildew if it presents itself. I did get the average humidity down to 42% but it’s dicey lol. With the increase in airflow I hope to correct the issue of mildew. Thanks again for the advice!

steamroller

steamroller

Watch the video from 7 weeks out.
Early bird gets the worm / Better late the never is for those who missed the bus....
10% amber IMO. I don't need help falling asleep...

Punky0923

Punky0923

Watch the video from 7 weeks out.
Early bird gets the worm / Better late the never is for those who missed the bus....
10% amber IMO. I don't need help falling asleep...
Well I was hesitant but after the vid I’ll likely be done by next week lol, I’m so afraid of opening it up and seeing Mildew Buds everywhere!!! They’ll ride for now and if I don’t see any change in growth or trichs then they’ll go sooner rather than later 🤔
I’m happy to have been at least this successful for a first grow lol

Top Bottom