NEW FIRST TIME GROWER NEEDS ADVICE

• Thread starter Simmo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Simmo

Simmo

Hi everyone , I have just brought my first indoor grow kit and seeds . I havent got a clue tbh , I'm going to do the paper towels method to germinate then transfer to soil once popped but after that im not sure how long before I start to give it light..im hoping someone could tell me

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

In nature, seedings get light as soon as they pop thru the surface of the soil.

Light can be used to control the growth of the plant. If they are lacking light, seedlings will get really long really fast (called getting leggy) and they will not be able to support the weight of the foliage.

My personal experience is that as soon as the first one is 1" above the surface, give them light. Ramp up if they start to get too long too fast. Back it down if you see bad stuff happening with the cotyledons or first leaves. Post pics as you go and we will help you.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have a thread just for people like you. This will probably answer all of your questions:

euphoria526

euphoria526

it all really depends.
what kind/ type of light are you using?
my LEDs I had to hang 2ft above my seedlings and at %50 power and it was perfect for my 3x3.

Simmo

Simmo

My lights a digital 600 watt but I can have it on 250 watt 400 watt or 600 so I'm thinking of putting the seedlings in in 250 to begin with

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Is it really 600w or is it a "600w replacement" which is actually 60w? Link it and I'll try to tell you what general heights to use.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I have a thread just for people like you. This will probably answer all of your questions:

+1

Some basic searching and research (5 minutes work, max) before starting an endeavor is more valuable than posting a thread for a question that's been answered more times than there are members on this forum. Not trying to be a dick, just want to emphasize forum etiquette.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
+1

Some basic searching and research (5 minutes work, max) before starting an endeavor is more valuable than posting a thread for a question that's been answered more times than there are members on this forum. Not trying to be a dick, just want to emphasize forum etiquette.
Oh I'm looking back at that now and realizing I totally forgot to finish the advanced section. I was expecting that everything was going to be so easy to write but all I really know about is lights. Oops.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Oh I'm looking back at that now and realizing I totally forgot to finish the advanced section. I was expecting that everything was going to be so easy to write but all I really know about is lights. Oops.
Nothing wrong with that. Everyone's got their thing they're all about. Some of us are generalists (myself included).

Doesn't change the fact of the matter -- a contractor doesn't build a building without blueprints designed by an architect and engineer that worked with a client to develop a scope to understand the basic requirements of the project. Starting growing is no different. Research, then execute. Again, not trying to be "that guy."

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Nothing wrong with that. Everyone's got their thing they're all about. Some of us are generalists (myself included).

Doesn't change the fact of the matter -- a contractor doesn't build a building without blueprints designed by an architect and engineer that worked with a client to develop a scope to understand the basic requirements of the project. Starting growing is no different. Research, then execute. Again, not trying to be "that guy."
Fair enough.

Madmax

Madmax

I find before you start is to have everything you need..jock down your list and we can help with things you need for a successful grow.your enviroment plays a major factor how your plants will grow.its very important...

Top Bottom