new flowering cycle *How's my inter-nodal spacing?

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, out with the old, in with the new, this is my first "grow" diary.

New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 2
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 3
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 4
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 5
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 6
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 7
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 8
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 9
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 10
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 11
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 12
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 13
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 14
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 15
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 16
New flowering cycle  hows my inter nodal spacing 17
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thanks man, I've planned on doing just straight water (reverse osmosis filtered) all this week. Nothing more.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, when I over hit them with the humic, the fan blowing at them actually separated some of the leaf in a way that I've never seen before, almost like it was tearing the leaf along the edges.

That new humic I've got, (some sort of super humic/fluvic) really potentiates the nutrients for sure. One pound was like $20

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Don't feel too bad yesterday i was shop vacin the water out of my tent floor and sucked off a huge fan leaf from my sour bubble lol.. woops :P

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Don't feel too bad yesterday i was shop vacin the water out of my tent floor and sucked off a huge fan leaf from my sour bubble lol.. woops :P

Yup, essentially say goodbye to 50% or more, of a single lower nugget, it happens.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Got a lot of specs and spots there. Checked for bugs? The necrotic edges look weird and random.

Nah, it got an overdose of humic/fluvic acid actually.

I started using this brand called "extreme blend" and over did it obviously, (mixed into my soil) but the recouped fast, I just loss a bit of the bottom leaf sets, maybe some tips on some of the second sets. But the growth I gained was explosive, so overall I'm very happy.

I'm trying a new technique actually a "super soil" approach. Putting essentially everything in from the beginning, so that very little, to no further fertilization is required.

I've used a lot of different techniques, and once I master one of them, I like to evolve, and find others. It helps to grow your basic skillsets.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nah, it got an overdose of humic/fluvic acid actually.

I started using this brand called "extreme blend" and over did it obviously, (mixed into my soil) but the recouped fast, I just loss a bit of the bottom leaf sets, maybe some tips on some of the second sets. But the growth I gained was explosive, so overall I'm very happy.

I'm trying a new technique actually a "super soil" approach. Putting essentially everything in from the beginning, so that very little, to no further fertilization is required.

I've used a lot of different techniques, and once I master one of them, I like to evolve, and find others. It helps to grow your basic skillsets.

Well that doesnt sound right but there are a lot of spots and specs. Maybe take a closer look?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
will do, I've actually got lots of pictures I took today. Lemme see.

It the wind dude, plus the heavy does of humic from above, I started putting big wind on them as soon as I seen they were deteriorating from the humic. I knew I would have some leaf loss, and I didn't want mold growing. I also hit them with Doctor Bonners Peppermint hemp Pure Castile soap, and a a bit of canola oil in my spray, I think I've done it twice so far.

Watch the video, and you'll understand. I've got some closeups coming, but the phone shut down. There's some leaf spot, so you need to look at that please.

The male here has a bent head even, lol This is by far the worst plant, and it's a male, so I don't mind doing some things to it that stress it. Stress is good for plants. But obviously, sometimes I take it too far. I wouldn't do this to a flower plant of course. (well it's flowering actually). The fan is on it's lowest setting actually.

The ones in front get hit the worst.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I cant tell what the spots are but you might adjust the fan away from them some. Looks like a tornado in there.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I cant tell what the spots are but you might adjust the fan away from them some. Looks like a tornado in there.

Your right of course, I can back it up a bit, but it's on the lowest setting I believe.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Your right of course, I can back it up a bit, but it's on the lowest setting I believe.
Recommend you get a new fan seriously. IMO you are damaging the plants and inhibiting growth. There is nothing good about that.

I'm a dirt guy too and idk man. Nutrients in soil are like peak to bleak. Meaning when you start, if the soil isn't touched, then it contains the largest amount of nutrients in the grow process at the beginning. Once the plant start doing its thing, that nutrient level decreases and never replenishes on its own. Thus additives. I'm a Fox Farm guy and I use Earth Juice Cal/Mag just because I have some laying around.

When you say you are trying to create a super soil with enough nutes to get it through flowering, well that's just not physically possible. What you are probably thinking about is "Living Soil". But there is absolutely no way that you are going to put THAT much dirt aside for 1 plant. You would have to have too much mass. That makes it not viable.

You are talking about active regeneration of soil through active decomposition (really the only way to "naturally" replenish soil). You can get bacteria to toss into compost. But you wouldn't exactly want to introduce your icky sticky plants' roots into that environment. That would be way unstable with a constantly varying amount of available nutrients and who knows wtf the bacteria and root systems would do. Probably go to war. Roots lose.
Plants like constants. Find their peak. Give it to them. And then they will give you everything they've got. You can't ask for more. That's it. That's all they have is max potential. Max useable input + Potential = Max Output.

I live in an ag community. The local farmer's co-op? Man if you want to KNOW what time of day it is in the dirt, talk to your local co-op. They are going to "bless your heart" to death but they have forgotten more about dirt farming than you or I will ever know. Doesn't matter if it is a pepper or pot, issues manifest in similar ways.

Others may have a different opinion, but the way I grow is with a couple of "givens" in mind:
1) The plant will consume 100% of what it is able to consume. Anything more is like trying to force feed a fat baby.
2) The plant will tell you if something is wrong. Leaves aren't green and it's not standing to the light? Might be a bad issue.
3) Replication of the most excellent ideal environment is the best you can do for it.

My mentor drilled these 3 basics into my head so deep. Open your mind a bit. You've got a lot going on and you have some lofty goals. You also have stretching, light issues, air issues, plant health issues, etc. But you have to get the grow down before you can start sailing into stabilized genetics. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Recommend you get a new fan seriously. IMO you are damaging the plants and inhibiting growth. There is nothing good about that.

I'm a dirt guy too and idk man. Nutrients in soil are like peak to bleak. Meaning when you start, if the soil isn't touched, then it contains the largest amount of nutrients in the grow process at the beginning. Once the plant start doing its thing, that nutrient level decreases and never replenishes on its own. Thus additives. I'm a Fox Farm guy and I use Earth Juice Cal/Mag just because I have some laying around.

When you say you are trying to create a super soil with enough nutes to get it through flowering, well that's just not physically possible. What you are probably thinking about is "Living Soil". But there is absolutely no way that you are going to put THAT much dirt aside for 1 plant. You would have to have too much mass. That makes it not viable.

You are talking about active regeneration of soil through active decomposition (really the only way to "naturally" replenish soil). You can get bacteria to toss into compost. But you wouldn't exactly want to introduce your icky sticky plants' roots into that environment. That would be way unstable with a constantly varying amount of available nutrients and who knows wtf the bacteria and root systems would do. Probably go to war. Roots lose.
Plants like constants. Find their peak. Give it to them. And then they will give you everything they've got. You can't ask for more. That's it. That's all they have is max potential. Max useable input + Potential = Max Output.

I live in an ag community. The local farmer's co-op? Man if you want to KNOW what time of day it is in the dirt, talk to your local co-op. They are going to "bless your heart" to death but they have forgotten more about dirt farming than you or I will ever know. Doesn't matter if it is a pepper or pot, issues manifest in similar ways.

Others may have a different opinion, but the way I grow is with a couple of "givens" in mind:
1) The plant will consume 100% of what it is able to consume. Anything more is like trying to force feed a fat baby.
2) The plant will tell you if something is wrong. Leaves aren't green and it's not standing to the light? Might be a bad issue.
3) Replication of the most excellent ideal environment is the best you can do for it.

My mentor drilled these 3 basics into my head so deep. Open your mind a bit. You've got a lot going on and you have some lofty goals. You also have stretching, light issues, air issues, plant health issues, etc. But you have to get the grow down before you can start sailing into stabilized genetics. Just my opinion.

The damage has nothing to do with the fan. As I stated before, I had some burn from nutes, after going a bit heavy on the extreme humic/fluvic and it killed some of those lower leaves, not the entire leafs, just the tips. I put the fan on them to heal the leaves, and to prevent a total loss of the leafs, and it very much was effective.

I think your not seeing that part. The fan blew the dead shit off, much like debriding a wound on human flesh (which I have done thousands of times). I healed them leaves, the air is a good thing, believe it or not, Notice how in some places, it only took off the upper flesh, and the backs scarred.

Everything in there is about 21 days old, some of it's a bit older (about 5 plants) are maybe 28, maybe 30 days at the most. Things are well under control, and some of them will have to be moved out, because it's too crowded, I'm sure of that fact.

I just noticed the male traits today actually, that wasn't there a few days ago, and the earlier one's aren't showing yet, so half of them might be males, actually. Well see.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
LIttle aggressive "air" damage" one of the leaves in the first photo. LOL They've grown a bit in 3 days.

Here's an update. Males are all gone, I've put them in the veg room as I might be able to do something with the pollen. There looking pretty good to me. I'm doing some new things to try and increase transpiration rates, and it appears to be working nicely. I just did another does of humic and kelp yesterday, I usually hit them twice weekly, (nothing aggressive) but go by eye, and feel.

I really like these threads, because I can go back and look at the data.

IMG 20200727 223404   Copy

IMG 20200727 223408   Copy
IMG 20200727 223413   Copy
IMG 20200727 223417   Copy
IMG 20200727 223420   Copy
IMG 20200727 223423   Copy
IMG 20200727 223427   Copy
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Should I just eliminate those that have bigger internodes? Cull the herd?

Top Bottom