New found seeds from 1980s

• Thread starter closeturbangrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
closeturbangrower

closeturbangrower

Hey! My mom and I were going threw her old smoking stuff and found a bag of weed with two seeds in it. She said this must be from the late 80s. She was in Philadelphia area then. I wonder what these seeds could possibly be like or what strain? I'd hope that these are closer to some of the landrace seeds brought over in the 60s/70s. Does anyone have a clue? I will try to pop these sometime soon.

Much love everyone.

New found seeds from 1980s
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Only add the peroxide if they don’t crack! Looks like maybe some old brick weed Columbian or Mexican ?
You think if one were to go to Philly or NYC today and find some seedy brick weed it would have "desirable" land race genetics?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Absolutely NOT ! But it would be fun to grow out
And that's how I started 25 years ago! The results were mixed at best most of us managed a nice mom or 2. Knew nothing about land race value at all lol. All we really wanted were dutch seeds.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I would be so excited if you get one to pop. I have some seeds from I believe the late 70's early 80's that I found when helping clear out a neighbors house after her death. I know from her stories, her brother was a big time person that got busted in the 80's for having a huge operation, definitely did jail time. But it makes me wonder about these seeds. So far, I'm 0 for 20 on them popping.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

take a small piece of 8o grit sand paper,roll it up and tape it closed on one end,put the seeds inside and hold your thumb over the open end,simply shake the seeds in the sand paper,you want to scar them up,once you have acheived that,take a cap full peroxide and soak the seeds in it for 2 hours,then take out and put the seeds in a cup with ro water and wait for the tail,or shell to crack,if it just cracks and you see a little white,take the seed and put in a wet paper towel,not soaking but wet,place inside a baggy and put it on top of your direct tv box check next day for a tail.
what i do to not have it to wet is squezze the paper towel,then open and put seed in ,once you put the paper towel in the bag,take just a tad of water and get it on the towel and close it up,hot water heater works too,but mine dry out the towel so check daily.
really depend were you live mate,down here by the border,all threw 80's was mex brick,jamacian or that nasty ass skunk weed,more likely brick when they started spraying all border weed stopped for a while,everyone was skairt of the paraquate,most heads went on to harder shit,most never came back

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey! My mom and I were going threw her old smoking stuff and found a bag of weed with two seeds in it. She said this must be from the late 80s. She was in Philadelphia area then. I wonder what these seeds could possibly be like or what strain? I'd hope that these are closer to some of the landrace seeds brought over in the 60s/70s. Does anyone have a clue? I will try to pop these sometime soon.

Much love everyone.
That looks like some old school lumbo?? good luck with those let us know!

I recently found a little bag of some old seeds at least 15 years old with an outside chance they could be from my growing days in the 80s and 90s?

Haven't cracked them yet but that's a project for this winter that I'm looking forward to!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would be so excited if you get one to pop. I have some seeds from I believe the late 70's early 80's that I found when helping clear out a neighbors house after her death. I know from her stories, her brother was a big time person that got busted in the 80's for having a huge operation, definitely did jail time. But it makes me wonder about these seeds. So far, I'm 0 for 20 on them popping.
Try a few different techniques? Should get few ideas here

dire wolf

dire wolf

Much love everyone.
Any other good shit in the bag from the 80's ?

Dino70

Dino70

Hey back afew years ago a friend of mine said that back in 92 he ordered some seeds from high Times magazine and gave them to me and he has no idea of what strain it was there was 9 beans in total I've named it UN for United Nations well three years later in I have secsusly made female pollen so in hoping the pollen will breed some clones the strain is very stable so would like to add it to some of these hybrids to stablezie them all 9 of mine popped if you have it have not sprouted it I would go ahead and sprout them and even if you have a male harvest the pollen the male genes are stronger then the females

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You really owe it to society to try to pop those old beans. Please do it and run a grow thread on here that would be freaking awesome. Those older strains are super important and so much of the best strains of the past have already been lost. Hopefully both seeds germinate and you get one male and one female that would be awesome. Let them fully seed out and then go on a big pheno hunt 😎 👍

Top Bottom