New found seeds from 1980s

• Thread starter closeturbangrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Thats cool check out that old High Times magazine freaking dope! What year is that it was only $1.50 LOL

What year are those seeds?

As old as the magazine, if not older.

O pops,
does that mean like otter pops?

Mmm... Sir Isaac Lime.

Actually, like as in from my Buddy's "Pops". He's in his seventies now, but gifted me these more than twenty years ago, when I asked for his "old stuff."
He and his friends were growing late sixties though the eighties.

I've never had one germinate, but haven't tried very many... Or taken any extra care when I did.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Sorry OP...
Awesome find... Hopefully something special.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hopefully you can get some to germinate it would be beneficial to try to introduce some of those old school genetics into the newer hotter strains in order to add new DNA to the gene pool. That would be a fun experiment!

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Hopefully someone(s) can get some to germinate it would be beneficial to try to introduce some of those old school genetics into the newer hotter strains in order to add new DNA to the gene pool. That would be a fun experiment!

Fixt 🤠

Dino70

Dino70

You really owe it to society to try to pop those old beans. Please do it and run a grow thread on here that would be freaking awesome. Those older strains are super important and so much of the best strains of the past have already been lost. Hopefully both seeds germinate and you get one male and one female that would be awesome. Let them fully seed out and then go on a big pheno hunt
Thats cool check out that old High Times magazine freaking dope! What year is that it was only $1.50 LOL

Yeah was buying in long before then

That would be awsom
If your wire is Ed about them germenate just get a price of 120 grit sand paper and sand a bit of the shell it makes then pop easier

growsince79

growsince79

You think if one were to go to Philly or NYC today and find some seedy brick weed it would have "desirable" land race genetics?
I say absolutely maybe if you can grow it. But what might be fantastic is the babies. Cross with a pure indica.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Yum...

IMG 20201118 162450570

Top Bottom