New Gavita 1700e LED Stack

• Thread starter squinteastwood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Hey guys, first time using LEDs and having some issues getting a new room dialed in maybe you guys can help. Here are some specs...

15 x 11 ft room +10ft tall. 2 12 foot pallet racks with 2 tiers on each separated by a 3 ft isle. 3 1700e leds per tier. 5ton Ac, air handler stacked vertically at the end of the isle with a 90 to ducting running directly down the isle at ceiling/top light height. Quest 225 dehu and bottled co2 in corner set to 1000ppm. Lots of air movement. Leds running at 50% and plants are in 2gals coco with 3 ft or more from the top of each plant to the light.

If I run the room at 80 degrees when the Ac kicks on my surface leaf temp is going down below 70 degrees according to laser, even though thermostats saying room never drops below 75, the Cooled air doesn’t have a ton of area to mix before it contacts the plants because it’s such a small room. When I run the room at 84 leaf surface temp never goes below 74 however leaf surface temp gets up to 86.

I know what it feels like to have your arm at plant height under a hot double ended hps and tell that the plant is not happy, and what a room thats too hot feels like. At 84 it’s comfortably warm in here and when the Ac kicks on it’s a steady cool even catch a bit of a chill now and then. At 80 it is relatively cool in there, I’ve been in other rooms at 80 and it’s quite a bit warmer.

Plants are struggling. They are probably a bit stunted from running the room to cool for the first few days. They caught a bit of pm and I think that’s due to leaf surface temp going well below 70 with 70/75% humidity even though the room itself was set to 80. Pm has been irradicated but will most definitely come back if I don’t deal with environment issue that caused it.

Standard GH feed, currently every 3 days when pots are starting to dry out (they ain’t drying out fast) today’s feed 5.9 1200 in and 5.8 850 out.

Here’s some pics of the damaged plants. Maybe you guys have some ideas as to what’s caused this. Radiant heat? Looks like heat damage but the room is not hot! They have been coming around so we’ll see how things go... any help on using these leds is appreciated.

014056d5-0587-422e-a3fe-76fe0ccd2f4c-jpeg.1117340

gavita

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

@sshz @Aqua Man i’ve read a bunch of your guys stuff and seems like you know what’s up especially in regards to working these leds. If you guys have a minute and could have a peak and let me know what you think I’d appreciate it. Struggling over here. If not no worries!

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Whats the RH of the room, you have Nutrient/ cal mag issue by the looks of it

Edit sorry i missed it in the post, 70/75 humidity , yes you need to get the temps and humidity a little better under control, also if you think its running cool take temp of the root ball, i'd back off the 1200 ppm of nutes to

Last edited:
squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Whats the RH of the room, you have Nutrient/ cal mag issue by the looks of it

Edit sorry i missed it in the post, 70/75 humidity , yes you need to get the temps and humidity a little better under control, also if you think its running cool take temp of the root ball
I’ve heard Leds are different...

I have run 80/84 in veg with 70/80rh with hps and worked fine?

what do you think I should get humidity to 60? I have a quest 225 in the room humidity will go wherever I set it. Why would the 70% be an issue?

what is kinda boggling me is if the room is set to 83 and the leaf temps are going up higher than the temp in the room like 88+... Doesn’t even feel 83 in there.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

whats your leaf temp, if your led's are at 50% and 3 ft or better above the plants, and 1200ppm of nutes I think your out of balance right there, but there is guys on here that know more about led's then me, plus your running C02. 83 should not be to hot, are you adding any extra cal mag

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve heard Leds are different...

I have run 80/84 in veg with 70/80rh with hps and worked fine?

what do you think I should get humidity to 60? I have a quest 225 in the room humidity will go wherever I set it. Why would the 70% be an issue?

what is kinda boggling me is if the room is set to 83 and the leaf temps are going up higher than the temp in the room like 88+... Doesn’t even feel 83 in there.
Leaf temps around 77-80f Rh will be fine between 50-60% I give you the numbers because you are running co2. You can drop your ppm to about 800 if you make these adjustments. Your transpiration is to low so that will help fix that

Do you have fans on those? If so they are far to young. You just need good air mixing in the room... wind burn can absolutely do that to plants. But so can bugs and light stressed although that far to much curl for light stress but it may be contributing.

Divert the AC so its not blowing on the plants

Have you read my thread on coco? This method also requires higher temps which you should have under these light and especially running co2.

Download this app and set the intensity to about 20k for now until this get back on track. No more than 25k... only because you don't wanna drive plants hard when they have issues or you make them worse.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The are getting hot because of the lack of transpiration... leaves cool themselves through evaporation and under co2 transpiration is reduced... then humidity that high is reducing it more... they cannot cool themselves.

Johngr

Johngr

Hey guys, first time using LEDs and having some issues getting a new room dialed in maybe you guys can help. Here are some specs...

15 x 11 ft room +10ft tall. 2 12 foot pallet racks with 2 tiers on each separated by a 3 ft isle. 3 1700e leds per tier. 5ton Ac, air handler stacked vertically at the end of the isle with a 90 to ducting running directly down the isle at ceiling/top light height. Quest 225 dehu and bottled co2 in corner set to 1000ppm. Lots of air movement. Leds running at 50% and plants are in 2gals coco with 3 ft or more from the top of each plant to the light.

If I run the room at 80 degrees when the Ac kicks on my surface leaf temp is going down below 70 degrees according to laser, even though thermostats saying room never drops below 75, the Cooled air doesn’t have a ton of area to mix before it contacts the plants because it’s such a small room. When I run the room at 84 leaf surface temp never goes below 74 however leaf surface temp gets up to 86.

I know what it feels like to have your arm at plant height under a hot double ended hps and tell that the plant is not happy, and what a room thats too hot feels like. At 84 it’s comfortably warm in here and when the Ac kicks on it’s a steady cool even catch a bit of a chill now and then. At 80 it is relatively cool in there, I’ve been in other rooms at 80 and it’s quite a bit warmer.

Plants are struggling. They are probably a bit stunted from running the room to cool for the first few days. They caught a bit of pm and I think that’s due to leaf surface temp going well below 70 with 70/75% humidity even though the room itself was set to 80. Pm has been irradicated but will most definitely come back if I don’t deal with environment issue that caused it.

Standard GH feed, currently every 3 days when pots are starting to dry out (they ain’t drying out fast) today’s feed 5.9 1200 in and 5.8 850 out.

Here’s some pics of the damaged plants. Maybe you guys have some ideas as to what’s caused this. Radiant heat? Looks like heat damage but the room is not hot! They have been coming around so we’ll see how things go... any help on using these leds is appreciated.

014056d5-0587-422e-a3fe-76fe0ccd2f4c-jpeg.1117340
Your light is way to bright turn the power down to around 60 right now
gavita

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

whats your leaf temp, if your led's are at 50% and 3 ft or better above the plants, and 1200ppm of nutes I think your out of balance right there, but there is guys on here that know more about led's then me, plus your running C02. 83 should not be to hot, are you adding any extra cal mag
I agree
ac was set to 84 And dhu at 70
LST swing would be 79/88 depending if the Ac was cycling or not. Multiple hygrometers reading 81/83 consistently.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Leaf temps around 77-80f Rh will be fine between 50-60% I give you the numbers because you are running co2. You can drop your ppm to about 800 if you make these adjustments. Your transpiration is to low so that will help fix that

Do you have fans on those? If so they are far to young. You just need good air mixing in the room... wind burn can absolutely do that to plants. But so can bugs and light stressed although that far to much curl for light stress but it may be contributing.

Have you read my thread on coco? This method also requires higher temps which you should have under these light and especially running co2.

Download this app and set the intensity to about 20k for now until this get back on track. No more than 25k... only because you don't wanna drive plants hard when they have issues or you make them worse.

Part of the issue I’m having is the LST temp swing is so big. If I set the Ac to 80 the swing is literally 68/78. It’s a small room with a big Ac.

the Ac was set to 84 previously dhu at 70 with lst swing 79-88. (88clealry toohotontheleaf)

I reset to 82 and dhu to 55%
lst swing is now 72-86
Hygrometers reading 80/82.

I stopped the oscillators from swinging so they are just moving air and turned off the inline ducting that’s blowing on the utes.

I felt it had something to do with transpiration and leaves over heating but didn’t know how to fix it. Will see how this does.

Ill leave temps and dhu setting same for its 6hrs dark period tonight

any thoughts on that 10degree swing... a bit of a problem?

I’ll download the app. The light controller only allows me to turn down to 50% and I don’t have any room to raise lights. 50% is what they have been running at.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Plus 48 inches at all thimes then mid flower drop to 36 gradually and back up and by harvest you Should cap at around 85
Lights have been running at 50%. I have no room to move lights...
Gavita has said 36” down to max of 18” finishing flower...

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

I’ve been adding the cal mag at what schedule calls for at 2ml/pgal.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Update - things are seemingly getting better in there...

Ac - 82 dhu - 55

plant leaves seem to be regulating their temperature a bit better on avg 77-83

the lowest I can’t set my co2 is 1000, think I should just cut it for now @Aqua Man ?

hopefully this also helps with a little bit of dry back, I know we don’t want coco to dry out but after 3 days i think we’d still prefer not lifting bricks?

I have read your coco coir thread previously I’ll give it a re read.

@Dr.Green55 in one of your original response you said it seemed like I was out of balance with the light/distance/ppm.... is that in regards to pushing them too hard with without enough Light?

Thanks for all your input.

some update pics

All the leaves seem to be levelling out. The bubbas had been getting rocked the hardest.

97304315 568F 4743 AFD5 58D1F4113E52
3F156BCF 68F4 458F A451 A6F23885C7D3
7EC380B2 849F 465E 8373 F70476DE326C
510B7AF9 812C 4A33 A8A8 CAABCCF8BEC4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update - things are seemingly getting better in there...

Ac - 82 dhu - 55

plant leaves seem to be regulating their temperature a bit better on avg 77-83

the lowest I can’t set my co2 is 1000, think I should just cut it for now @Aqua Man ?

hopefully this also helps with a little bit of dry back, I know we don’t want coco to dry out but after 3 days i think we’d still prefer not lifting bricks?

I have read your coco coir thread previously I’ll give it a re read.

@Dr.Green55 in one of your original response you said it seemed like I was out of balance with the light/distance/ppm.... is that in regards to pushing them too hard with without enough Light?

Thanks for all your input.

some update pics

All the leaves seem to be levelling out. The bubbas had been getting rocked the hardest.
1000 is fine... did you measure the light?

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

1000 is fine... did you measure the light?
I have iPhone so the useable apps are different and a bunch of crap the first few I got don’t even work, I got a different one and it’s reading 2600-3600 lux? Is this accurate or bologna?

The gavitas are already down to 50% and they don’t go any lower then that. Plus they are at a fixed height so I can’t move them the only next option would be to turn lights off.

Do you have thoughts on the use of these gavita 1700 lights in a fixed Verticle rack set up? If I can get things dialed in with the right strains I thought they should kill it. From tray to light I have 50” for pot and growth on each tier. - the 18” for finishing distance to canopy. 2 gal pots with plants finishing at 2ft was my goal...

Anthem

Anthem

I have iPhone so the useable apps are different and a bunch of crap the first few I got don’t even work, I got a different one and it’s reading 2600-3600 lux? Is this accurate or bologna?

The gavitas are already down to 50% and they don’t go any lower then that. Plus they are at a fixed height so I can’t move them the only next option would be to turn lights off.

Do you have thoughts on the use of these gavita 1700 lights in a fixed Verticle rack set up? If I can get things dialed in with the right strains I thought they should kill it. From tray to light I have 50” for pot and growth on each tier. - the 18” for finishing distance to canopy. 2 gal pots with plants finishing at 2ft was my goal...
That is not enough room IMO and you have Cal Mag issues. The lights cause the plant to uptake more cal mag. The plants are going into lock out and you will have to lower the feed way down and keep the lights at 50 percent and keep the humidity at like 50 percent. Also you can foliar spray the cal mag after lights go out just make sure it is dry before light go back on, ideal a rinse before lights go on. It will take about 2 weeks for the plants to start to look good again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That is not enough room IMO and you have Cal Mag issues. The lights cause the plant to uptake more cal mag. The plants are going into lock out and you will have to lower the feed way down and keep the lights at 50 percent and keep the humidity at like 50 percent. Also you can foliar spray the cal mag after lights go out just make sure it is dry before light go back on, ideal a rinse before lights go on. It will take about 2 weeks for the plants to start to look good again.
+1

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Is it possible that they are on the edge of going into lock out but may not go if they are appreciating these new conditions better? I fed on Sunday and thought my run off was stable even though things weren’t looking great... If I feed tmrw and my run off is stable? The plants have gotten quite a bit better over the last couple days they definitely had a rough start...

I’ve never sprayed with cal mag before... would you fill a sprayer at 2ml a gal calimagic ph 5.8 and spray 2 hours before lights back on? Spray 3 hrs before lights on and 2hrs before rinse w ph water? Or could instead just up The cal mag in tmrws feed from 2ml a gal to 3? 4?

I have a full second room same size that hasn’t been built out yet... was going to see how this works out and then build out room two... worst case if I can’t get this to go I could cut the racks and run bigger plants And have raise able lights with 10ft ceilings. Both rooms are just under 11x15.

its unfortunate gavita makes a 2000$ fixture with additional adapter and controller and you can only cut down to 50%...

I’ve seen this same set ups with the Spyders and they fuckin rock. Geuss I shoulda went with the spider!

@Aqua Man @Anthem do I have to tag you guys or does it just notify you? I’m a bit of a newb to this site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom