New Gavita 1700e LED Stack

• Thread starter squinteastwood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it possible that they are on the edge of going into lock out but may not go if they are appreciating these new conditions better? I fed on Sunday and thought my run off was stable even though things weren’t looking great... If I feed tmrw and my run off is stable? The plants have gotten quite a bit better over the last couple days they definitely had a rough start...

I’ve never sprayed with cal mag before... would you fill a sprayer at 2ml a gal calimagic ph 5.8 and spray 2 hours before lights back on? Spray 3 hrs before lights on and 2hrs before rinse w ph water? Or could instead just up The cal mag in tmrws feed from 2ml a gal to 3? 4?

I have a full second room same size that hasn’t been built out yet... was going to see how this works out and then build out room two... worst case if I can’t get this to go I could cut the racks and run bigger plants And have raise able lights with 10ft ceilings. Both rooms are just under 11x15.

its unfortunate gavita makes a 2000$ fixture with additional adapter and controller and you can only cut down to 50%...

I’ve seen this same set ups with the Spyders and they fuckin rock. Geuss I shoulda went with the spider!

@Aqua Man @Anthem do I have to tag you guys or does it just notify you? I’m a bit of a newb to this site.
Ok what nutrients and additives are you using, how much of each and how are you mixing them.

Coco needs to be fed every single time you water unless it's amended with organics.

Have you read these? They will help you understand your media and environment maybe a little better and possibly lead you to some ah hah moments or questions to ask. Posting to eliminate the 50 million questions I would ask to diagnose as to why. After these ask away brother.

Anthem

Anthem

Is it possible that they are on the edge of going into lock out but may not go if they are appreciating these new conditions better? I fed on Sunday and thought my run off was stable even though things weren’t looking great... If I feed tmrw and my run off is stable? The plants have gotten quite a bit better over the last couple days they definitely had a rough start...

I’ve never sprayed with cal mag before... would you fill a sprayer at 2ml a gal calimagic ph 5.8 and spray 2 hours before lights back on? Spray 3 hrs before lights on and 2hrs before rinse w ph water? Or could instead just up The cal mag in tmrws feed from 2ml a gal to 3? 4?

I have a full second room same size that hasn’t been built out yet... was going to see how this works out and then build out room two... worst case if I can’t get this to go I could cut the racks and run bigger plants And have raise able lights with 10ft ceilings. Both rooms are just under 11x15.

its unfortunate gavita makes a 2000$ fixture with additional adapter and controller and you can only cut down to 50%...

I’ve seen this same set ups with the Spyders and they fuckin rock. Geuss I shoulda went with the spider!

@Aqua Man @Anthem do I have to tag you guys or does it just notify you? I’m a bit of a newb to this site.
You have 2 things going on with the Cal Mag. First being that Coco actually takes Calcium, Magensium and Iron away from the plant because of the manufacturing process. Term for it is cation exchange rate. Secondly, all of the strains I have ran under the Gavita's require large amounts of Calcium and Magnesium. I would start out with 10 mils per gallon. In regards to the lock out, there might be some that will not lock out but I would say 50 percent are already there.
If you really want to stack you will need more height IMO. If you have 50 inches, here is the math I would use. Distance from plant to light 20" at peak of flower, I know what gavita states. 6" rockwool cubes, so now you have 24" for total plant height. I would not really feel comfortable with that small of a plant for maximum yield but it might work. I usually run the plants about 48" tall with the Gavita's.
Oh and you mentioned the fluence gear, well it is pretty much the same. You can run the lights closer but they will complain. I use the Gavita 1650e. 1700e and Fluence Syder 2i's FWIW.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Buddy runs his spyders at 30% until second week of flower
Ok what nutrients and additives are you using, how much of each and how are you mixing them.

Coco needs to be fed every single time you water unless it's amended with organics.

Have you read these? They will help you understand your media and environment maybe a little better and possibly lead you to some ah hah moments or questions to ask. Posting to eliminate the 50 million questions I would ask to diagnose as to why. After these ask away brother.

I have a 180gal rez, clean city tap water coming out at 50/60ppm and about 7.2 - it is chlorinated so I let it bubble over night with 2/3 stones.

Using the GH 6 part system with diamond nectar instead of floralicious plus. Always mix in order and rinse jug. CaliMagic, Brown, Green, Pink, Diamond Nectar, flora Blend. Half a cap of super thriPh to 5.8 give 10/20 min mixing and feed. I hit 160 2gal units with 60/80gal. 64/68 degrees. Save the other half of the Rez for the next feed.

I have been spraying every 3/5 days with bug b gone and a tiny touch of super thrive as a foliar and preventative. I never hit coco with straight water unless it’s the finishing 10days flush. Maybe once every week or two a straight cal mag water phd to 5.8 if salt build up is occurring.

I had pm in the room that was spreading due to conditions so I sprayed nova, and was going to sulfer burn in a couple days preventatively even though the room is clear. It’s a brand new room and this is the first run so I’ve been learning a bit about how she runs.

I have always been told that if ph out is stable with ph in, and ppm is lower than ppm in you can either up the food depending how low your coming out, or just keep going cause the plants are taking it. Lock out is occurring when ph is starting to come out a few points off what your going in at.

I’ll be honest I’ve done this for a while with direct programs from people and done well but inconsistently. Banger runs mixed in with terrible runs and never figuring out wtf happend to produce either.

After our transpiration talk yesterday I aha’d even some past troubles I’ve had are due to the same issues. I want to figure this shit out and make it to the next level of actually knowing what I’m doing and why, as well as what I’m seeing.

I have read most all of these except maybe the Ph thread, but I’ll read them all again and buzz back here later today. Thanks Man.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

You have 2 things going on with the Cal Mag. First being that Coco actually takes Calcium, Magensium and Iron away from the plant because of the manufacturing process. Term for it is cation exchange rate. Secondly, all of the strains I have ran under the Gavita's require large amounts of Calcium and Magnesium. I would start out with 10 mils per gallon. In regards to the lock out, there might be some that will not lock out but I would say 50 percent are already there.
If you really want to stack you will need more height IMO. If you have 50 inches, here is the math I would use. Distance from plant to light 20" at peak of flower, I know what gavita states. 6" rockwool cubes, so now you have 24" for total plant height. I would not really feel comfortable with that small of a plant for maximum yield but it might work. I usually run the plants about 48" tall with the Gavita's.
Oh and you mentioned the fluence gear, well it is pretty much the same. You can run the lights closer but they will complain. I use the Gavita 1650e. 1700e and Fluence Syder 2i's FWIW.
Thanks Anthem. I’ve seen buddy run a rack system with spyders and he runs them down 20/30% until second week into flower. He has slightly more height and runs bigger pots bigger utes but sometimes finishes quite close to those and still makes kill gear.

Ima do some re reading some threads aqua man sent and hit back on here later and assess what ima do for feed tmrw. I mean 10ml a gal sounds crazy to me but I’ve never run leds and I’m the one with plants that are freaking out haha.

I have even briefly considered cutting down and starting over but I decided I might as well just Try dial in and figure out where I’m fuckin up on these ones, cause to restart and bang my head against the wall again is useless.

The rockwool sounds like a decent option to try if need be before the re and re of the entire room.

Appreciate your time man.

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Gavitas dialed up to 65%.
Will pull some of the big fan leaves tmrw maybe 3/Temp stays in between 78/83. Co2 at 1150. Having a little more issue keeping the humidity in between 50/60 now that there is a lot more plant matter in there especially after feeding so added the Little stand up dhu to help.

not a fan of running 3 different Strains in one room, seeing as they’re all reacting differently to the conditions.

still seeing Some units with a little bit of taco/ridged new growth with some twisting...

EF1186DD E862 428F 8913 C2F999F0C047
2597440C 0D03 4883 A8B5 2A30DAA61CC3
CA61C8E3 6A53 433F 9FFB 8DDD5D6C88EA
483D641B C9E0 4484 80EB 57C9DBBE1A5B
D4CFF37C 114C 46C4 86EA F8A9427C29A8
BD835DD1 A8BF 4AB7 BEB3 F1E1F8EE1F60
Johngr

Johngr

Gavitas dialed up to 65%.
Will pull some of the big fan leaves tmrw maybe 3/Temp stays in between 78/83. Co2 at 1150. Having a little more issue keeping the humidity in between 50/60 now that there is a lot more plant matter in there especially after feeding so added the Little stand up dhu to help.

not a fan of running 3 different Strains in one room, seeing as they’re all reacting differently to the conditions.

still seeing Some units with a little bit of taco/ridged new growth with some twisting...
I had same set up did three strains under gavitas with co2 at 1100 and I felt like they reacted better at 800 roots stayed moist at 11 but also my temps ran higher the higher my co2 was.
how many fictures per unit?

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

My co2 controller is a cheapie it only goes down to 1000. Grow stores here are way behind on stock.

currently running about 12 units a light. Purple candy’s on the end are 16 per light. The wedding crasher are 12 per light but they aren’t really filling out too well. The bubbas are 12 per light and they have been growing the best, good height and structure and filling the canopy... I may have to let them get a little bigger and use some netting to pull them down while I let the wedding crashers catch up a bit so I can have a full canopy...

squinteastwood

squinteastwood

Anyone know what these are? I’ve had these before in a different grow... they are pretty fast moving, very small and white. Sticky traps have no fliers on them whatsoever, there’s the odd thrip in here but nothing else I can see on the plants itself. These guys prefer to hang on the pots it seems especially after feeding...

9850F48B A4A1 4996 BCAB 628C773F280B
8EDC365F 3CF2 43E5 B604 7BC8F5E035F6
FCDF406A A265 4DD5 A4F8 F80571F2C64B
H

Homegrownmichigan

Anyone know what these are? I’ve had these before in a different grow... they are pretty fast moving, very small and white. Sticky traps have no fliers on them whatsoever, there’s the odd thrip in here but nothing else I can see on the plants itself. These guys prefer to hang on the pots it seems especially after feeding...
Hay squint i know this is over yr old butttt hahaah, 2 questions 1. Did u ever find out what them bugs are? have same ones. Also i use GH also and run gavita, ..2. curious on if the 10ml of calmag (or more) is what brought them back? I currently have lots purple stem aswell plants seem scarred of the light i guess u could say haha. Im scarred to use 10ml calmag everytime

K

Kereau

1000 is fine... did you measure the light?
I'm having the craziest issues with these led's. My plants look amazing thru veg and week 2, they actually look great in week 5, but I'm having very little trichome production, this has continued to happen time after time with these lights. They then seem to pick up or attempt to push trichs again in mid week 7, but there is this growth stunt that happens where the plans look fine but almost no trichomes or very little, not sticky, the end result is way below acceptable. week 3 to week 7, look healthy but the bud development is just not there. see the video. I have my room at 81, lazer has my leaf tems at about the same, some a tiny bit higher or some a tiny bit lower. dehu at 60, spikes a bit at night, I have 4 stand alone dehu 70 pints a day floor units, lights at 65% intensity, light meter reads about 900 - 1000 PAR at the tops, ppms are 1000-1100 using GH and some amendments, I only water a bit because i'm worried about over watering, so there is never any runoff, I did water to test runoff and my ppms were at 2800 and my ph was at 5.5, when I water the ph is at 6.0-6.5. The runoff test concerns me. although I don't allow runoff I do water with just plan water and cal/mag and silica on the weekends so they get a bit of a break from nutes. I can't figure this out. never had issues like this under HPS, its driving me crazy and it's been a year trying to dial this stuff in. Can I call someone lol Please help

Latest posts

Top Bottom