New Gene's keep it moving..

• Thread starter FuriousStyles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

"if I get a male" what a joke that was, ended up with 4 males and 1 female. Now I need some help with the path to take from here. I literally have zero experience with this variety, don't even know if the female is any good, its my only shot with these genetics so I need to make seed in case its really nice. Female will go to reveg after.
I am hoping some of the seed making folks and experienced growers on here could give some insight into how they would approach this. I am leaning more towards letting a little pollen from both males loose, my experience though has been find a male that looks like my female keeper and breed them together. Like I said though I know nothing about this variety.
Please guys or gals help a brother out.

Female is kind of hempy looking, sparse branching not really anything I would want as my keeper, but she is the only one.
BSGfemale

Male 2 looks just like the female, hempy looking with no branching
BSGmale2

male 1 has the structure I look for in a male
BSGmale1

So the question is, which way would you go?

Breed the two similar not knowing the variety?
Breed the two dissimilar not knowing the variety?
Breed from both males not knowing the variety?

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I guess its only answers to questions about does my plant need water.
Is this plant finished and how much will i get off it.
Does my 3 day old sprout need more cal mag.

The girl got a taste of both. When in doubt go with ya gut. Truthfully though, my gut says throw out all of it, but I been wanting a grape and this fell into my lap. Providence is a real thing.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Big Sky Grape moving right along. Seeds are starting to develope after a couple weeks since pollenating. Really interesting plant at least to me. Such a long lanky plant compared to my expectations of what a "grape plant" would look like. Trich production looks good and I expect the seeds to start growing and become more obvious. No scent so far except plant.

BSG1

BSG2

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

On a side note, running a couple plants of my own cross Lemon Wookie V2 (LemonG x Wookie) X Cherry Queen (Fat Cherry x OMG). Basically a stray dog got in the fence while F2ing the Cherry Queen. No purpose other than lets see what this over the top Afganny like the Cherry Queen does to the Lemon Wookie V2. I was really surprised by the leaf morphology in both plants, some of it is a hot soil mix when they were up potted and then top dressed before flower, but they were like that from seed, I should have got pictures, but who knew though, right? I have addressed the N toxicity issue, both plants snapped back after dropping the water ph, with one responding quicker than the other as far as losing the blue/black color and leaf starting to look more standard, but the morphology is still there and in the clone taken before the up potting and N toxicity issue. Two completely different soils, one I made from used soil I had amended (the plants in flower) and the other straight out the roots bag (the clone) I don't know. Not really looking to do any scientific research here to prove or disprove anything, just thought it interesting that the same morphology could come from two completely different soils and could be the plants actually just look like this.

Love the structure on this one

LWX1

You can see the leaf morphology, the crinkle, and how healthy this plant above is as opposed to the next one where the effects of the N toxicity and nutrient lock out are still visible.

LXW3

and this is the clone of the first plant that was grown in completely different soil.

LWX2

It has the same crinkle. In low light intensity and 75f temps. Its really nothing special, just making some observations and enjoying something that seems unique to me. I wont know for sure about any of it till I grow the clones and see if they exhibit the same morphology through out the grow or begin to look more normal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom