New grow, 5wks old with issues

• Thread starter Riggsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Riggsy

Riggsy

Been lurking for a bit now, done some searching. I’m sure I’ve made mistakes, shoulda transplanted sooner (was in a solo cup for 14 days, not root locked but still not great). Should probably have waited until they were 30 days old before adding nutrients (using fox farm happy frog soil).

I’m currently growing autoflowers, Northern Lights, Afghan, Girl Scout Cookies, and Bubba Kush. These are what I believe you call “S1” seeds from premium cultivars. I’m using advanced nutrients ph perfect micro, grow, bloom set. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots in fox farms happy frog soil.
New grow 5wks old with issues

The rear plant (northern lights) has some yellowing on a couple of its leaves around the middle and lower portion of the plant.

GSC in front in that picture has some curly tips as does afghan. But Bubba Kush is happy as can be. Every plant is watered the exact same amount the same time and day with the same exact mix of nutrients as the other 3. I’ve been using 2ml of each of the 3 part mix per liter for the past 2 weeks with ph 6-6.5 water. Plants are 5 weeks old today and only just started this all this week with the flowering starting.

Afghan is in front and Bubba Kush is in the back in the picture below.
New grow 5wks old with issues 2

Light was set at level 3 at 18” for the first 5 days then increased by one every 3 days and the 18” maintained. It is now set at 80% and at 18” as per ac infinity’s website and has been that way for 3 weeks now.

Wondering if this is a nutrient deficiency? Is the light burning them up or no because it’s not the top leaves?
Should I be concerned?

Thanks, sorry for the long read, trying to include any info that might help

Last edited:
Riggsy

Riggsy

I’m wondering if I should be increasing the nutrients in that case. I’m currently running 50% strength advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 part system. I thought I had read it had cal/mag in the micro bottle so my thought is maybe I just need to increase it. Maybe go 3ml per liter of all 3 parts next watering (instead of the 2ml/L I’ve been doing)?

Or are you suggesting I get a cal/mag supplement along side of my current nutrient regiment?

OrganicLowStress

OrganicLowStress

Get sensi cal by advanced nutrients. Make a Cal mag foliar Spray, (7ml 1 gal of water ph6.1-6.4) . Also check your ppm of the runoff if you can when u water it see how high or low it is. there might be too much nutrients locked up in the soil. 1100-1800ppm is the range that I look for according to the boogie brew dudes on YouTube. To fix that soil problem just flush it with plain ph water at 6.1-6.4 and then give it foliage spray 2-3 times a day 4-5 times a week and soil drenches of the cal mag mix. when u make a cal mag mix have it separate from your regular nutrients because they can molecularly bind with each other before the plant can gain benefits from each of them. Looks like an easy fix u shouldn’t worry just act diligently and then make sure when u fix the problem keep the cal mag in the regimen apart from your reg nutrients as a prevention until the last two weeks of flower. Never spray during flower.

Last edited:
iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Looks more like light stress and overwatering

Raise the light up if you can and lower the output to let them recover. Don't need a ton of light in veg.

Let plants dry back more before watering, don't just give them all the same, some drink more than others. Will take some time to see results.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Definitely some light stress, so reducing the light intensity for a while would help. Adding some magnesium would also help. I also agree that a dry back could help.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Are you in just happy frog, or a blend with of? I have a lot of experience with these soils. Some genetics take to them fine while others will struggle for some reason. If its just happy frog, you need to use more than just a single bottled nutrient. I highly highly recommend stepping away from them and looking into dry ammendments anyways as you get more bang for you buck, you won't end up with these weird deficiency because your not feedings salts (typically you won't anyways) nothing wrong with bottled nutes or anything its just my opinion the times have changed. Tbh I wouldn't really worry too much about that yellowing unless it is spreading. Your going to take those fan leafs off anyways. As long as you can make it through flower, your golden.

Riggsy

Riggsy

It’s just straight happy frog soil. I was trying to go the easiest possible route for my first legal grow. Should have done more research but I’m the hands on type.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to check my post out and offer suggestions. I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom