New grow DWC - my 2nd grow ever

• Thread starter citygrower18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
citygrower18

citygrower18

Hey all, I had a lot of success using this forum to help do my first grow last year. Going to start a 2nd grow now with a Limoncello bag seed.

Instead of using a 5 gal dwc bucket, I am going to purchase a 20 gallon storage container and put a single net in it to grow 1 plan. The goal of this (and correct my if im wrong) first is to have to change the water less often, and second give the roots more room to grow huge.

my tent is 32x32x63 and I have 2 1000w GIIXER LED lights (cheap from amazon) and a 1200w Marswell LED light. I am thinking of trying to squeeze another quality light in there, any recommendations for a small powerful light? can you mix LED lights with other lights in the tent?

It crossed my mind to try and keep this grow organic, is that easily possibly in a small 1 plant hydro set up?

last time I used general hydroponics flora bloom, micro and grow, hydrogaurd, and Hygrozyme. Is there anything else I should consider adding to the mix whether organic or not

thanks everyone

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hey all, I had a lot of success using this forum to help do my first grow last year. Going to start a 2nd grow now with a Limoncello bag seed.

Instead of using a 5 gal dwc bucket, I am going to purchase a 20 gallon storage container and put a single net in it to grow 1 plan. The goal of this (and correct my if im wrong) first is to have to change the water less often, and second give the roots more room to grow huge.

my tent is 32x32x63 and I have 2 1000w GIIXER LED lights (cheap from amazon) and a 1200w Marswell LED light. I am thinking of trying to squeeze another quality light in there, any recommendations for a small powerful light? can you mix LED lights with other lights in the tent?

It crossed my mind to try and keep this grow organic, is that easily possibly in a small 1 plant hydro set up?

last time I used general hydroponics flora bloom, micro and grow, hydrogaurd, and Hygrozyme. Is there anything else I should consider adding to the mix whether organic or not

thanks everyone
Calmag for sure. I can't answer light questions cause I'm a hid guy. I'd tell ya to just get a 600w Chps. But yes your setup sounds perfect. One plant 20 gallon.. Hell yea. Now I wouldn't veg it but 45 days. Make sure to top it early, keep it short and wide.. Here's what I did last night.

Scroggin and supercropin

20211221 173544
20211221 182548
CannaD00m

CannaD00m

Calmag for sure. I can't answer light questions cause I'm a hid guy. I'd tell ya to just get a 600w Chps. But yes your setup sounds perfect. One plant 20 gallon.. Hell yea. Now I wouldn't veg it but 45 days. Make sure to top it early, keep it short and wide.. Here's what I did last night.

Scroggin and supercropin
I really like those buckets. I need to rework my system next go. Where did you get those?

citygrower18

citygrower18

I think I am going to use this $10 at the container store, 18 gallons. but no tube to see water level

CannaD00m

CannaD00m

View attachment 1199130I think I am going to use this $10 at the container store, 18 gallons. but no tube to see water level
Only issue with the standard tote is it’s not square on the ends. Makes it very difficult to use any type of gasket. I need to come up with a reservoir for my system. I am running a single water farm currently but I think next time it’s a 2 site plus res. Trying to keep the thing fed in the water farm at 2gqllon capacity makes me want to go postal. Not bad in veg, but flower is a whole diff story.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Only issue with the standard tote is it’s not square on the ends. Makes it very difficult to use any type of gasket. I need to come up with a reservoir for my system. I am running a single water farm currently but I think next time it’s a 2 site plus res. Trying to keep the thing fed in the water farm at 2gqllon capacity makes me want to go postal. Not bad in veg, but flower is a whole diff story.
They also bow out with lots of water making it hard to get the lid on. I'd get a more durable one with thicker sidewalls.

citygrower18

citygrower18

They also bow out with lots of water making it hard to get the lid on. I'd get a more durable one with thicker sidewalls.
I do not think I am going to use a gasket or 2nd tank as a res. just the 1 big one and will put a small hole in it to get the bubblers in

CannaD00m

CannaD00m

I do not think I am going to use a gasket or 2nd tank as a res. just the 1 big one and will put a small hole in it to get the bubblers in
Make sure you have a good way to drain, once you get into flower things can get a lil crazy if you do things right. Plus it has to be easy enough to do semi frequently. There will be plenty of trial and error in getting your nutrient solution dialed in.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

U need a drain for water changes

add a valve to it

So I was gonna tell him to add a small pump.

Here is what I did in my single tote. Water pump will drastically increase your growth rates.

My pump has a mesh plastic filter thst prevents the roots from clogging it. I pump it to a splitter then two t's
This creates multiple waterfalls and allows the solution to stay properly mixed.

Then you can just pump the water out like me and avoid all gaskets. No need to worry about leaks.

20211220 200642
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You can do something like this. Just instead have a pump in the bottom. Airbubbles alone do not mix the water. Your roots will become long and stringy while they search for nutrients. I also always keep my roots submerged so they feed properly.

20211220 200548
citygrower18

citygrower18

So I was gonna tell him to add a small pump.

Here is what I did in my single tote. Water pump will drastically increase your growth rates.

My pump has a mesh plastic filter thst prevents the roots from clogging it. I pump it to a splitter then two t's
This creates multiple waterfalls and allows the solution to stay properly mixed.

Then you can just pump the water out like me and avoid all gaskets. No need to worry about leaks.
Can you show me what kind of pump you use?

I was using this $20 siphon pump from amazon on my first grow, combined with the brain that came with my dwc buckets

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yochaqute Aquarium Submersible Water Pump: 550GPH 30W Quiet Mini Adjustable with 6ft Power Cord for Hydroponics | Garden Waterfall | Pond | Fish Tank | Fountain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TTXW7CJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_8H70SZT66BVHSGJ4RY1D

Pretty cheap and powerull, no filter but mine hasn't clogged. I'd show you my big one but it's too much for a single tote. This one I just showed can be tilted to suck out all the water. Just get some extra hose and you can just unhook rehook and pump it to ur bathtub.

Top Bottom