New grow light old seeds

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NapkinB

NapkinB

Hey, just got this new grow light called Toad 1000w led and was wondering how far I should be keeping my lights once my seeds have germinated. Also my seeds are very very old (about 2 years) and have been in airtight containers in dark places. was wondering if they’re still good. I know these diagrams say how far but just wondering what you guys think.

New grow light old seeds
New grow light old seeds 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't think anyone is going to have experience with this particular light. You will have to experiment with the distance between the light and your plants yourself.

This is an off-brand, at least decade-old technology LED. I'm sure it's not 1000W. They are probably pretending it's equal to a 1000W HID lamp, which is doubtful. Best of luck, though. You can probably get some buds out of it.

BTW, 2 year old seeds aren't that old. I germ seeds that age all the time.

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Hey, just got this new grow light called Toad 1000w led and was wondering how far I should be keeping my lights once my seeds have germinated. Also my seeds are very very old (about 2 years) and have been in airtight containers in dark places. was wondering if they’re still good. I know these diagrams say how far but just wondering what you guys think.
You could of picked up a maxsisun MF1000 on Amazon for 50 bucks on sale it's a decent brand of light with mean Well driver and Samsung diodes

NapkinB

NapkinB

I don't think anyone is going to have experience with this particular light. You will have to experiment with the distance between the light and your plants yourself.

This is an off-brand, at least decade-old technology LED. I'm sure it's not 1000W. They are probably pretending it's equal to a 1000W HID lamp, which is doubtful. Best of luck, though. You can probably get some buds out of it.

Thanks. Got it for free when I bought a tent from someone. It says 1000w on the product but yeah I doubt it. I have another light at my other house but it’s too far to go get. It seems decently powerful though. Has fans. Gets a little hot where the light shines. Just hard finding a good distance. Have my seeds germinating and will plant today in solos.

NapkinB

NapkinB

Do you think the ppfd in the diagram is correct?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you think the ppfd in the diagram is correct?
The diagram shows a 2' x 1'9" footprint, but the "coverage area" is 3'6" x 3'6". Whether the ppfd diagram is right, the coverage area is right, or both were pulled out of someone's ass is not something we'll know unless you test it.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I leave all my seeds in marked vials, put in coffee jar filled with rice and put in fridge, I have popped beans from 2016 no problem.

Top Bottom