New Grow Room, Can I Use Open Hood?

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

whats goin on folks,
Recently I decided to expand my setup. I currently have 4x4x7 grow tent with an air cooled reflector (1000w) as well as a seperate exhaust fan and one oscillating fan(temps can be in the 60's if I want them there but usually I keep the tent at mid to low 70's and now I have built a 6x6x8 wood frame right next to the tent for another room.
I'll be using panda film for the sides and was planning on Continuing the ducting from the tent into the new room to cool the air cooled reflector I'm "planning to buy" but does anyone have any opinions as to if I could get a way with an open hood or an umbrella unit? I guess my main concern is just the heat, could I counter that by having a solid exhaust fan and a few good oscillating grow fans ? Looking to maximize yields and the expensive double ended fixtures are not really in the question right now and I'm not even sure if I could cool a gavita in a 6x6 space . Let me know if you think I can! I just feel like air cooled hoods without co2 and glass over the hood is holding back a good bit on the yields. Will post some pics of the setup to give you an idea

Thelight413

Thelight413

Here is a sketch of what I would like to make my new room
image.jpg

And here is a picture of a closed hood setup that I'm not trying to do if I don't have to.

image.jpg

Air temps in my bedroom outside of the grow rooms vary from 55-70 this time of year, so there will be cool fresh air passively being brought in through slits or something in the bottom of the grow room.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

...umbrella unit?... my main concern is just the heat, could I counter that by having a solid exhaust fan and a few good oscillating grow fans ? ... in a 6x6 space...

Absolutely. But you'll probably need to pull fresh air into that space, not hot air from the sealed hood.

If you go with a parabolic reflector...there can be two advantages with them. No hotspot and a dead even plant canopy wall to wall. My Tip-O-the-Day...use a 38" if you can find one...but for sure a 42" over the 48". I used these reflectors for 15yrs...and still have some in play

Top Bottom