New grow room..need advice.

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Do you have two seperate outlets and four diff. places to plug in.

A

andy107

andy im running a 8x8x6tall room as we speak w/ 2 1k's. 12" passive intake located at top left corner & kiddy corner that is 1040cfm vortex pushing into a 12x40 scrubber located outside of room. lights are cooled by a 538cfm s&p fan, which are the way to go, imo. they are able to be diassembled for cleaning the impeller w/o removing any ductwork. the lights are cooled separately than the room. both room & lights are linked to a summer/winter intake box hooked to a basement window. i can then blend id & od air w/o the use of a ac unit ever. i too am in MI.

just curious r u andy 52 from another site that might know an irish dude?

Your setup sounds nice man, ill keep all that info in mind for sure..and no sorry thats not me lol

A

andy107

Do you have two seperate outlets and four diff. places to plug in.

yes that exactly right..would it be easier if i posted some pics of where the room will be and where the outlets are? a pic of the breaker box as well?

A

andy107

Here are some pictures of whats goin on down there..pardon the mess, put new carpet in a room and havent taken care of the old yet lol..anyway my grow room will be in in that corner..the outlets circled in red are the 2 outlets ill be using..next pic is of my main breaker box and the smaller one im assuming was added b4 i moved in..on the smaller box the 3 red lines are labeled "spare" the blue line is labeled "basement/bed"..there is a finished bedroom down there so if the whole basement and bedroom are on that one circuit then i dont see the grow room being successful without some electrical tampering..which i know nothing about. :worried

PC290541
PC290542
PC290543
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If u want take the cover off the little box and see if there are wires goin to those spare breakers. Just be careful not to touch anything inside. Whar does your main breaker in your big box say also whats in the small one. u prob gonna need more thsn those two existing outlets they probably shsre the same wire. If u want to make this easy get a heavy duty ext. cord 10ga. or. 12.plug your light into that snd run dverthing else off the existing plugs.

A

andy107

The 2 outlets are wired to the big box..as i said im know absolutely nothing about electrical so i may just go with the heavy duty ext cord..

A

andy107

well ive got the room started, ill post some pics later..the 2 outlets im planning to use are on a 15 amp circuit..kind of a bummer. If all im running is a 1000w light, a 6 inch inline fan and an oscillating fan should i be ok?

J

jakew215

well ive got the room started, ill post some pics later..the 2 outlets im planning to use are on a 15 amp circuit..kind of a bummer. If all im running is a 1000w light, a 6 inch inline fan and an oscillating fan should i be ok?

it might. try using a big ass extension cord like mentioned... im pretty sure i ran my 1k room on one circuit, w/ 2 6" fans.

A

andy107

it might. try using a big ass extension cord like mentioned... im pretty sure i ran my 1k room on one circuit, w/ 2 6" fans.

more than likely thats what ill have to do, im not even sure if a 6'' fan will be enough..id like to use just one fan to cool my light and pull air through a carbon filter with..might need and 8'' what do you think?

A

andy107

Ive got a 220 down there thats on a 20 amp circuit by itself..would it be possible to run a 1k light on that?

Ill post some pics of the 220 outlet and room progress later on today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom