New Grow Room. Need Ideas

• Thread starter BayAreasFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BayAreasFinest

So I'm moving into my own place and I have decided to start growing again. The first time, earlier this year, I Had 3 4x8 with 2 1000W HPS light over each tray. 2 incline fans. Mylar. No CO2 but def doing CO2 in my next rooom. I had 36 in 5 gallon grow bags on each tray. Throughout my time growing and the more i read i want to change a few things i am doing. But want some ideas from you farmers on here. I just recently signed up when i was looking on craigslist and fear had a posting on there about his grow rooms and posted a link to this site.

My thought was have have 1 4x8 with 3 400Wat hps over it for veg. Then 2 other 4x8 with 3 600 over them for flowering.

Any pointers on nutes? I used Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. As well as Kool-Bloom on my first 4 harvests.

Thanks Guys any pointers help

B

been

You'll need huge reflectors to cover 4 feet with a 400. I think if you're going to shell out for the equipment it just makes more sense to go for 1ks; I know I would.

B

BayAreasFinest

3 - 1000watt wud be overkill dont you think i want 3 lights per tray.

T

tophmaster

i would say screw 400ws and go with a 1000w hps over each 4x4 section. so 2 over a 4x8 and if u have a 400 u could hang it in the middle of the 1000ws i did that before worked great

F

Fear

What up dude followin my ad.

Look 3 600w is great spread for a 4x8 area. As long as the plants arent to tall and you have really good reflection on the side. I personally think 3 600 for your 4x8 is killer. But like I said not to tall otherwise 1000w penetration is good but the heat sucks. The new digi 600 are kick ass. I know some big farmers ditching 1000 watt magnetic to go to 600 digiatals. You can bring the lights down 6" closer to the canopy too. As for vegging I dont know why the 3 400w I would do 1 1000w or just 2 600 unless you are spreading the veg area out thin. But you wanna use 600watters stick with 600waters all the way. No need for different lamps. Peace

-Fear

F

Fear

I forgot to answer your nute question. My OPINION as we all have here on nutrients is I use house and garden aqua flakes and house and gardens line as a beginner I had no deficiencies no yellowing and the first 2 plants I ever grew indor produced over 8 0z. each, they to were in 5 gallons. The plants all had a very luscious green. The shooting powder I think is a bit rough and next time I wont go as potent with it. I think cannaline or whatever I heard is good and I'm about to do a test run with cutting edge solution line up. Later.

B

BayAreasFinest

Thanks Fear. So whats the brand name you said to use. House and Gardens? Cannaline? Cutting Edge? Sorry. Im a newb when it comes to nutes. I was taught to grow by a guy who uses fox farm religiously. So i used what he taught me to use. Since then i have started using Kool-Bloom Powder Cause i tried it out and worked good. Other then that idk much about other nutes.

F

Fear

If you have a friend that uses fox farm that can be easier for you. i use house and garden and it's really clean and works pretty good. Set it and forget it as i say. I don't have fluctuations in PH and hardly any deposits in the res when I do a change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom