NEW GROW SPACE $20K BUDGET (10-12) 1000WT 17x32 FLOWER // (5) T-5 8 BULB 10X19 VEG

• Thread starter SGFROMDENVER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SGFROMDENVER

First time posting on THCFARMER, and greatly appreciate all advice given. Grow Room - 17ft x 32ft Flower room & 10ft by 19ft Veg/mother/clone room set up/ advise please:

I'm in my space as of yesterday and starting my build out on Saturday. Here is my "plan", and would greatly appreciate any advise. I have grown before, late 90's, Hydro set up eb & flo tables, SOG in a much smaller space than this one ie: (2 1000wt hps (2) 3x3 table/reservoirs, (1) 400 MH. This venture I'm partaking on is a bigger room, I have an investor, budget 20k and my thoughts are as follows:

I plan to build out structures within this basement to control environment. Flower room: Framing out 17ft x 32ft x 10ft high ceilings. Veg/mother/clone room:framing out 10 x 18ft x 10 ft high ceilings (16" centered framing on both rooms) Once framed, I will be using 3/4 in 4x8 insulated reflection board on all walls & ceiling & foil taped at all "seams" to "seal environment".

I have had my electrician over last night, & I have 100amp sub box already in place (15 amps already in use for "sump pump, basement lights,(1) receptacle) (3 year old built home w/ 1800sqft basement) Sparky doesn't want to max out breakers/circuits) He is going to be running 240 to Flower room along with 110. Lights Flower room: (10-12) Sunlight Supply 1000wt HPS 8"air cooled w/ 240 digital ballast.(Magnum XXXL ??) Ballasts will be on outside of both rooms. Veg/Mother/Clone room (20 amp 120 going to this room) : I have only used 400 wt MH for Veg, but Sparky quashed me last night on what he thought for amps. I cannot run MH for veg, so I had to turn my thinking around, and now thinking Sunlight Supply T-5 "New Wave" or "TEK-LIGHT" 8 bulb (or if any other recommendation could be made instead). Nutrients I plan on using is "Hollands Secret" line (heard very comparable to Advanced) Money is not an issue (not bragging by any means) if I need to go Advanced full line, so be it. I want to maximize this area, and need advise on plant space. Co2/master timers/ filters & canfans/ separate air cooling reflectors will all be utilized, etc. I have never grown big plants, and need to know how many I can get into this flowering space, realistically, if I'm way off. My thinking was to be able to get 128 plants in Flower room. My veg room would be "staggered" every (2) weeks putting (32) into veg (from cloning) Harvesting (32) every 2 weeks on a perpetual cycle starting in 5-6 months. I know strains, medium, mutrients & technique have a lot to do with this. I'm open to all options Hydro, DWC, Soil etc, to try and maximize this venture. I want to get some opinions, on my thinking, before I pull the trigger next week on all my equipment. All responses greatly appreciated. SG

D

Donk Frog

If set up price is no issue and you want yeild.... go to the Doubleds thread

M

mrdizzle

I would actually shrink that veg room, make the flower room bigger then split that flower room in half and run a flip flop so you can use say 8-10 lights per room, that way you would leave you enough amps left to have a decent amount of light as your veg, I do not think you will need 10x19ft for veg. you could veg alot of plant in a 8x8 space

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I agree with dizzle completely and the flip flop and the veg space, and I would consider going way down on plant numbers and do a KB or hempy or MPB ssytem and grow trees

I'll b watchin this, congrats on getting where you are!

S

SGFROMDENVER

Thanks Boots & Dizzle, not familiar with "flip flop" what forum could I look into? Advise on system?
SG

S

SGFROMDENVER

Donk Frog, Doubleds thread I will search, and look into. Is this your system you are currently using? Any Pic's you can share, would like to see yours. SG

J

Jalisco Kid

Get more power if you need to,flip-flop wastes too much space because of the wall.JK

J

jordisgarden

Whats a good material to put on my walls and cieling to keep in odour?

E

easypleasie

SGFROMDENVER, flip flop is when you run your ballasts 24/7 and switch their use between two rooms.

Don't you need to use a separate res, chiller, pumps, etc. with a flip flop?

M

mrdizzle

Get more power if you need to,flip-flop wastes too much space because of the wall.JK

yea but this dude has a lot of extra space he could spare 1ft for a wall, but only 100amps. running a new service line will eat up alot of that 20k

S

SGFROMDENVER

Hey Jordis-

The material I use, is 3/4 inch reflective styrofoam insulation boards 4x8, they are reflective on one side (not even close to mylar, but silver, insulated) It is super lightweight to work with. I use foil tape to cover knicks/screw sites & all seams, after that I use Mylar on the walls, slightly below trays and above highest point of lights can hang. I have gone the extra step on a grow room once, & used 6mm plasic, sealed w/ electrical tape, then I went over all that with the 4x8 styrofoam board. A bit of over kill, but "saftey's no accident" Lol.....

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

SGFROMDENVER, flip flop is when you run your ballasts 24/7 and switch their use between two rooms.

Don't you need to use a separate res, chiller, pumps, etc. with a flip flop?

a harvest every 2 weeks with an 8 week flowering plant will make you end up with 4 seperate hydroponic systems in your flowering room, and I would assume 1 more for veg if you're doing plants under 3ft and 2 more veg for 4-5ft plants. If you do more sativa dominant plants, you won't need as much veg time. What I mean is that you could run 5 flowering systems (10 week flower) and 1 veg system versus 4 flower systems (8 week) and 2 veg systems for your typical indica dominant. The yields will be roughly the same if you're using the right sativa dominant, such as sensi NL#5 X haze.

If you do a flip flop you could have plants in either room at the same stage hooked up to the same hydroponic setup. Usually you want to allow the ballast to cool for 30 minutes between switching rooms.

40 amps@240V will run 8 1000W lights. working with a 100 amp breaker sucks. Flip flop and do 16 flowering lights max. Each 240v 1000W light is going to require 5 amps to run, no matter how you slice it, and I'm assuming you still want to turn the lights on and bake a pizza in the house? Don't expect to use your dryer if you wanna push it. You've got to leave some room on that box for other things like house lights, and you don't have alot to work with on a 100A main breaker. I wouldn't try over 50A, so maybe 3 or 4 1000W MH in veg and 12 or 14 1000W HPS flip flopped.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
50 amps for lights what about ac your gonna need 30 for that with 10k in lighting. Upgrade the panel to 200 amps, probably only cost you 2000.00 but it will save you alot of headache later when your up and running your not gonna want people coming over to work on it because its to small.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

that's what I mean, you could do it, but you're not going to be living there with anything but a reading light and a bed. Forget running the fridge, dryer, electric stove, washer, tv, big stereo, ect. Either swap the box for a 200A or live somewhere else. Expect to get an $800 electric bill every month.

I've grown great meds year round in denver without an AC, but not on a flip flop. Typically lights are off during the day on a regular setup, so you will need an AC in the flip flop for daytime light usage once the summer comes.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I have only used 400 wt MH for Veg, but Sparky quashed me last night on what he thought for amps. I cannot run MH for veg, so I had to turn my thinking around, and now thinking Sunlight Supply T-5 "New Wave" or "TEK-LIGHT" 8 bulb (or if any other recommendation could be made instead).

Have you looked into the ceramic metal halide? You can get it in 250 watt so I think it would be a good replacement for a t5. It puts out between 16,000-20,000 lumen. anyways you might have a look, possibly it could help with your veg. area.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

yo SG, so it's a 100A sub box. What's the main breaker on the place? you got an AC there already?

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

go with doubleeds!!!! big yields low numbers cost alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom