New Grow Spot, Any Suggestions Appreciated And Welcome

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

So, my last house was blown up by a nosey landlady, and forced me to relocate. Shitty, but im now in a situation where i will be permanently, and no longer have to worry about nosey landladys, walkthroughs, and or bullshit that comes with renting property.

I just signed the closing paperwork, coughed up my dough, and got the keys to my new trailer. Gonna be like Trailer Park Boys up in this piece. Anyway, i got a single wide, thats got a large bump out and vaulted ceilings, two bedrooms, two fullbathrooms, large open kitchen, and a living room with vaulted ceilings. Not to bad, i would have like to have a basement and some property, but for what i do it should work great.

The bedrooms are on either end of the trailer, and i plan on growing in the master bedroom, becasue its not only in the back of the home, but it also recieves more shade keeping it cooler, but the main reason if the fuse box is in the back bedroom. I am slightly nervous about the electrical, if anyone has any experience i can send you pictures if youd like to take a gander and let me know what you think. Im not electrically inclined, so im thinking of calling an electrician to take a look. That being said ill give you an idea of the equipment i run.

1-600watt HPS
2-12 inch ocillating fans
1-6 inch hydrofarm inline fan
1-4'x4 bulb T5
Still havent bought an AC yet, waiting to see what kind of power ill need to cool my grow room, but most likely 1- window AC unit
2-3-60 watt Compact Flouros

Honestly not a whole lot of equipment, ill most likely have the flower tent in the master bedroom, and the veg/mother tent in the master bathroom closet, which is large enough for a 2'x4' tent, it was built to house a washer/dryer. I live in Maine, and follow my limits of 6 in flower, and fortunatley clones and veggies dont have a limit, but I make sure i stay reasonable, becasue it kills me to throw out possible flowers. Looking into acquiring another card, mopstly up to my brother and if he decides to get his card, keep telling him that ill give him free cannabis so i think im winning him over.

Still moving things over, but ill take a few pictures of the space, and the new spot. Also yesterday my doggy decided to go into my veg tent while i was at work and seemed to just lay down on top of the plants. When i got home all but 2 girls had been flattened. Luckily they all seemed to have made it, but its so weird. He dosent like bud much at all, i know he likes the skunky nasty smells, and some of these plants are a little ripe, so maybe thats it. This dog has been sprayed by skunks 3 times in the past year so im thinking maybe hes into it, hah? I dunno if anyone else has experienced something like this, well like i said any suggestions, or experience gowing in a trailer is welcome and appreciated. Much love
D Mac

Apollo13

Apollo13

Dog was probably hot, or wanting to be outside...could have pissed on em..lol if any snapped you could clone them or treat them as clones. My dogs love my rooms, but they carry bugs and should not be allowed. I love my tents, get good fans. Try buying equipment bigger than u need because you usually expand as u go..

F

FooDoo

Dogs are so strange about rancid smells. My dog tried to roll around the grass where a dead squirrel was.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea my dog is notorious for it, he rolls in shit too sometimes, but ive managed to get him to quit the shit rolling out. Hes an amazing dog, besides some odd quirks.
I think they do it so they dont smell so clean, and "human" from living inside, he always does it more when i give him a bath and hes clean, its like he needs to smell like an animal does, think its instinct for hunting when they were wolves. Or they could just be goofy idiots who like to roll in shit and rancid dead animal guts?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Unfortunately that's not odd behavior in dogs. I think it's to cover their scent being predators.

Apollo13

Apollo13

20150627 151759 Now eating cat shit I can't even come up with a good excuse..lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yea my dog is notorious for it, he rolls in shit too sometimes, but ive managed to get him to quit the shit rolling out. Hes an amazing dog, besides some odd quirks.
I think they do it so they dont smell so clean, and "human" from living inside, he always does it more when i give him a bath and hes clean, its like he needs to smell like an animal does, think its instinct for hunting when they were wolves. Or they could just be goofy idiots who like to roll in shit and rancid dead animal guts?

Man, I live in the desert and my dogs kind of own the mesa I live out on. They'll go wandering and come back covered in straight decomposing death and reak like they look. Makes sense if it's some kind of hunting instinct, but I think all dogs are German nationals and into freaky shit or something like that haha. (No disrespect toward the Germans, my lineage is of Germanic descent.)

stonestacker

stonestacker

Cat shit is like candy to dogs.
My son used to throw his cat litter out in the woods and my dog just loved him for it. Couldn't figure out why the dogs breath was so shity. lol.
Damn lazy kids.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Get a pic of your breaker box and post it, with the cover off too. You need to see what breakers goes to what outlets. If it was my spot I would run dedicated line for the window or portable ac unit. And another for lights and fans.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Sounds good ill post a pic of the fuse box as soon as i make it over there this afternoon. Were getting so much rain in the northeast its ridiculous. It was one of the driest mays to date, but this shits crazy.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Here is a shot of the fuse box, I know the washer dryer area is on its own breaker and is vented outside, so I plan on putting a carbon scrubber there and vegging in that closet which is about 3.5/4' wide and 8 ' long. Then setting the flower tent in the back bedroom.

lollipopman

lollipopman

You in luck, you got 2 slots open just run 2 12/2 outlets one for ac and another for your lights

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

You in luck, you got 2 slots open just run 2 12/2 outlets one for ac and another for your lights
are you referring to the 2 spots next to the main?

anyways not that its a good idea but if all spaces were stacked i see 11 possible extra circuits, but you would have to do a lot of moving and balancing to not burn the bus bars

Calixylon

Calixylon

Theres no washer and dryer, and theres a space for them which is in a 3' x 9' room. On each end of the room there an outlet for a washer on one side and dryer on the other, can i rewire those outlets for my vegroom? And the master bedroom which will have my 4' x 4; tent which will be next to the panel will have the 600 watt and the 6 '' inline, im hoping the A/c is uneccesary and i dont need it, because that will suck up more energy than anything i believe.

Also the dingo who lived here before had a frickin whirpool jacuzzi bathtub, which will never be used by me, it also is on a 20 amp breaker and will be used for my 600 watt 4''x4'' flower tent, also its in the master bathroom adjacent to the master bedroom wall, i think it should be easy enough but i will take pictures. Let me know what you guys think?

My relatively new iphone 5c, which was free with the upgrade sucks balls, shouldnt have been a cheapskate

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea to be honest i really was just looking for some thoughts on what you guys would do if you had a trailer and were looking to stay within your limits of 6 flowering and a reasonable amount of veggers. Great for a pheno hunter, as i dont have to worry about going over with something stupid like a unflowered or small plant. Also have been starting to trying and keep small "bonsai" mothers, or at least under a foot squared, little bush.

The electricity is gonna be down by a professional, i cant fuck around with that, and I could care less about all my shit, and fuck the trailer, id be wrecked if i killed my dog, or hurt someone else near me. Obviously it would be huge, but replaceable.

Any thoughts on lighting right now i have 2 600 watt HPS, one is straight up 600 watt digital ballast, the other is a swithable MH/HPS dimmable digital ballast. I have 2 hoods, both air cooled, one has a much larger footprint to be used in the 4x4, the other is tiny, but still aircooled and works well, i ran the 600 watt, in my 2'x'4'x5' tent with a 6'' inline with good results. Was thinking of having the maine 4x4 as my production tent and be running a steady 6, perpetual harvesting every 1 month, to 1.5 months. Then having my 2x4 for different test flowers and eventually buy another 2x4 as a "isolation" tent to try and collect some pollen for some breeding.

This is also all after i convince my brother, who is not a stoner at all, but smokes every day. That getting his card would be safer for him, and also hell get free dank. Which then would allow me an extra 6 to mess around with and pollen chuck.

Anyway a 4'x 2 lamp t5 works great in the small tents, possibly going to throw another single 4ft t5 in there. I plan on having an electricina come in to check all the wiring anyway since i just purchased the house and it is right under 30 years old, and the circuit breaker is labelled all wrong. Sorry i cant take pictures my phone is still being weird.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I think you've got a good situation...whether or not you need an AC in the room depends on the outdoor temps and the insulation that is still left in the walls...then again, I'm not sure how hot Maine gets in August...

If it were me, I would use two 4x4 tents in the same room on a flipflop...600w in each one, 3 plants per tent, super cropped or mainlined with 24 tops per plant...

alaskind

alaskind

Yea to be honest i really was just looking for some thoughts on what you guys would do if you had a trailer and were looking to stay within your limits of 6 flowering and a reasonable amount of veggers. Great for a pheno hunter, as i dont have to worry about going over with something stupid like a unflowered or small plant. Also have been starting to trying and keep small "bonsai" mothers, or at least under a foot squared, little bush.

The electricity is gonna be down by a professional, i cant fuck around with that, and I could care less about all my shit, and fuck the trailer, id be wrecked if i killed my dog, or hurt someone else near me. Obviously it would be huge, but replaceable.

Any thoughts on lighting right now i have 2 600 watt HPS, one is straight up 600 watt digital ballast, the other is a swithable MH/HPS dimmable digital ballast. I have 2 hoods, both air cooled, one has a much larger footprint to be used in the 4x4, the other is tiny, but still aircooled and works well, i ran the 600 watt, in my 2'x'4'x5' tent with a 6'' inline with good results. Was thinking of having the maine 4x4 as my production tent and be running a steady 6, perpetual harvesting every 1 month, to 1.5 months. Then having my 2x4 for different test flowers and eventually buy another 2x4 as a "isolation" tent to try and collect some pollen for some breeding.

This is also all after i convince my brother, who is not a stoner at all, but smokes every day. That getting his card would be safer for him, and also hell get free dank. Which then would allow me an extra 6 to mess around with and pollen chuck.

Anyway a 4'x 2 lamp t5 works great in the small tents, possibly going to throw another single 4ft t5 in there. I plan on having an electricina come in to check all the wiring anyway since i just purchased the house and it is right under 30 years old, and the circuit breaker is labelled all wrong. Sorry i cant take pictures my phone is still being weird.
First im damn glad to hear u moved from previous place. Secondly welcome to the trailer growers league!
hahaaa but seriously ive grown way more herb in trailers than i prolly should have.... im in agreement that the first priority is securing safe power (trailers are famous for having shitty wiring) ive done it in trailers fom small coset cfl setups to fully gutted & rewired trailers runnin 10k bloom plus veg room.... ive built bloom rooms of 2x2s and r-max foam insulation instead of buying tents ect... qnyhow im just chiming in here to encourage you....

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I like what alaskind said about using 2x2's and foam insulation instead of tents...I grew in tent and they WILL let you down, the zippers will fail, corners will tear, light will leak...however, it will allow you to tear down in a hurry...I wanted to use 2x2's but couldn't make any modifications to the house...you will be much happier and the cost will be less than tents...

Calixylon

Calixylon

yup, before i even read some of your posts i began to do pretty much that. Right now i have my 4x4 tent with 12 girls 6 will be mothers and the other 6 are getting LST and i usually Scrog the tent, or stake it, and or tomato cage it. I like to do some training but im not really worried about yields. If my landlady hadnt threw a wrench in my operation i would have had a stockpile of at least a .25-.5 pound each of three different strains and 2 seperate phenos. She really did cost me money but now im in a safe place so were good. Anyway im going to flip 6 into flower once i transplant,train, and let them fill in for a week or two.

Last grow i transplanted into 3.5 g and a 5 g pot, but only let them sit in those pots for about a week or two before i flipped, suffice to say the plants never really got as big as they should have, and i could have transplanted them into a smaller pot and gotten the same yield without wasting soil space an lugging around weight. I think im going to flower in smaller pots this time. I also am goin to become my brothers caegiver so 12 plants will be allowed soon. That means i can pop those blue dream crosses that everyone loves on the east coast.

Top Bottom