New Grow Tent Smell Toxic?

• Thread starter Aardy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aardy

Aardy

Hello, I just recently bought and set up a Grow Tent. I got a Quictent

After setting it up, I started to smell that, "new plastic smell" from it. It smells like if you just opened up a new a plastic inflatable raft. It says that its made of Mylar so it shouldnt have any smell or toxic fumes. The tent is set up in my room, and after sitting here smelling it for a while, its giving me a headache and making me naucious.

So my question is: Is this new plastic smell harmful in any way? Is it toxic? Or is it just smelly? Im trying to air out my room with lots of fans, but the smell still lingers a little and I have to sleep in here. Is this smell harmful to small animals? I plan on putting a lizard in this tent.
https://www.amazon.com/Quictent-Eco...+quictent&qid=1622944979&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-5

william76

william76

A lizard?,are u growing in it?ull fry its wee brains with the light. But no the smell should dissipate soon.leave a window open for a bit.domt think iv heard of this problem before.76

Aardy

Aardy

I am not growing in it, I got it specifically for the lizard. I had to post here to get advice from people that use grow tents often, but they are safe for both plants and reptiles.

But I cant be the first one thats opened up my tent, and its had that new factory smell. Its already starting to go away, but I really needed to know if this was just a "new product" smell, or if it was a toxic chemical smell.

Ponky

Ponky

If it has fabric in it and came from China it had biocide, fungicide spray all on it. You have to gas it off. Wouldn't hurt to soap and water the inside.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would be concerned about anything that emitted an odor that made me sick. I would definitely air it out, at the very least.

crossfader

crossfader

Yeah put a fan in it and let the fresh air in, that hopefully fixes it ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom