New grow w/ Cheese auto

• Thread starter mrnatural666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrnatural666

mrnatural666

Using a 4x2 tent, 3 gal fabric pots with Viparspectra 600W Led. Having problems from the start with ph and cal mag deficiencies. Using ph down and Revive. Growing 3 Cheese plants. Has anyone ever grown these?

New grow w cheese auto
New grow w cheese auto 2
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I ran a cheese auto about 20 years ago lol they have changed a bit since and I have two non cheese autos running however a auto is a auto as to speak.

By the looks of it you’ve had a hard time and so have the plants.

Let’s try put you on the right track am sure others will help ; it’s why most of us are here to help others when they can.

Firstly how near is light. The plants very stressed and I have a suspicion it’s way to close causing light damage.

Also what is your humidity

Next your watering is off by the looks of it. I can’t figure if your watering to much then letting them dry out to much.

I very much don’t like them as I think they hold folks back from learning by the weight of the pot however in this case I would advise you buy a single probe water meter. You can get one from £6-£8

Next you say you had ph problems are you on top of that now.

The need some more mg you can either spray them with Epsom salts or add some cali mg if you’ve not been using cali mg you will be best adding some.

When you have a inbalance like yours a lot of the foliage will yellow and die don’t worry the plant won’t you’ll still get a harvest it will just be less than what it would of been but hey your learning right

Autos are very unforgiving if you mess up you don’t get time to sort it without effecting the yeild. You’d be better trying your hand at fems imo still that’s another conversation.

AFE512B4 18FA 41C8 BC48 4BADE7665E5F
mrnatural666

mrnatural666

Hi thanks for taking the time. They’re about 2 feet or so from the lights. Plus the led isn’t very hot. I think I was overwatering at first. I have a meter that measures ph and water. The ph is between 6.2 - 6.9. Also the meter shows dry at the top, normal in the middle and wet at the bottom. I’m trying not to overwater and am waiting till the bottom shows normal before I water. Does that sound right? Should I use epsom salt as a foliar spray or just add it to the water? And should I keep adding Revive for a cal mag deficiency? Thanks

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hi thanks for taking the time. They’re about 2 feet or so from the lights. Plus the led isn’t very hot. I think I was overwatering at first. I have a meter that measures ph and water. The ph is between 6.2 - 6.9. Also the meter shows dry at the top, normal in the middle and wet at the bottom. I’m trying not to overwater and am waiting till the bottom shows normal before I water. Does that sound right? Should I use epsom salt as a foliar spray or just add it to the water? And should I keep adding Revive for a cal mag deficiency? Thanks
Sorry for some reason I missed the notification you replied.

24” away sounds ok mind you have a 600w it could still be effecting then if it’s on 100% they look stressed from either the light or drying out to much after heavy watering don’t let them get bone dry.

I don’t use a meter anymore.

Yes you would be best using the salts as a foiliar spray.

Not sure about revive as I haven’t used it however they will need calium up till harvest time

Mmm I searched revive there’s a few companies with that name strangely
I narrowed it down to the pic below if that’s what your using.
Advanced nutes are a expensive way to grow honestly a £10 bottle of cali mg plant will do just the same.
Just a few alternatives albeit the should be cheaper at you local hydro shop

Still if you have it use it first 🙂

B74DC505 96F1 4C80 AF81 DEB27710F4D4
FCEE1B0D 8FF4 4927 B20F 9E4BA2C493E5
E

Edinburg

A bit of white vinegar waterd down will lower your ph, a bit of baking soda waterd down will raise your ph, go light bc you can always repeat.

mrnatural666

mrnatural666

Thanks both of you. I went to a local hydroponics shop and got some stuff for cal mag and also phosphorus. First grow in 11 years and even then I only did it a few times and always had these same problems. Gmix you really helped. Their in 5th week and blooming now so should I give the Cal mag solution ( it says 2-3 tsps per gallon when in bloom) every time I water? Same with the phosphorus solution (it says 1 tsp per gallon)?

IMG 0291
IMG 0292
IMG 0290
mrnatural666

mrnatural666

Do you think all of the crossbreeding/ hybridizing has made current seeds less vigorous as compared to the landraces now sold by companies like The Real Seed Co. ? I’ve got rosebushes in pots that require less care. I mean they seem to need such attention to cal mag and phosphorus deficiencies. From what I’ve read the landraces ( just bought some seeds from The Real Seed Co. ) aren’t finicky at all as far as nutrients and they’re more mold and pest resistant. Your thoughts?

Top Bottom