New grow

• Thread starter Toddrickfl1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

There are better ways to water them and based on the picture's, your vpd is also not on point.
That was sound based advice. When you “water toward the center”, you build a wet mud hole at the base of your roots. A very unhealthy practice. Watering in the root zone, the outer edges of your container allows for healthy root growth. Holding your root ball constantly wet in a soil grow sets you up for many disappointments. Root rot and the drowning of your lady.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
That was sound based advice. When you “water toward the center”, you build a wet mud hole at the base of your roots. A very unhealthy practice. Watering in the root zone, the outer edges of your container allows for healthy root growth. Holding your root ball constantly wet in a soil grow sets you up for many disappointments. Root rot and the drowning of your lady.
True Facts! 😄

PK1

PK1

Supporter
this is from Jan 25. old post. I have no idea why these are coming up!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

One more thing, either droplets of moisture have been dropped atop of your leaves and burned by the light or you may have some powdery mildew. Okay two things, your watering practice may be why your leaves look so droopy. Change the way you water, after allowing the soil to dry and you will see a big difference.

T

Toddrickfl1

One more thing, either droplets of moisture have been dropped atop of your leaves and burned by the light or you may have some powdery mildew. Okay two things, your watering practice may be why your leaves look so droopy. Change the way you water, after allowing the soil to dry and you will see a big difference.
I used some diatomaceous earth a couple weeks ago on them because something was eating the leaves and I think that's just the remnants of it.

T

Toddrickfl1

lets see some current pictures. not yesterdays
IMG 20220225 174725041
IMG 20220225 174721002
IMG 20220225 174659008
IMG 20220225 174655035
IMG 20220225 174648478

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
humidity and temp? fan for air circulation?
Hop often do you water? also remove the drained water. It's okay in flower for few min to sit in it but not constant

T

Toddrickfl1

humidity and temp? fan for air circulation?
Hop often do you water? also remove the drained water. It's okay in flower for few min to sit in it but not constant
I've been keeping them at 70F, and 50% humidity is the lowest I've been able to get it. I do have two small clip fans on each side of the tent. I've been watering about once every 2-3 days with nutrients once a week. I used this same setup for my last grow and the plants seemed to grow great. This time around they seem really funky to me and aren't really growing like the last ones.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
ok, here is what i like you to do.

Bring heat up to 82f and try to get the humidity to 65/70%. hang some wet cloths or towels around. it helps, but you might need to keep making them wet. humidifier would be very beneficial
Put a fan at the bottom so it blows around the fiber pots, have another one blowing at the light
don't water, touch, feed or anything for the next 5 to seven days and then update with picture, temp, humidity
Also, since you recently water/feed them and you have some water in the catch cans. Measure what the ph and ec/ppm is

T

Toddrickfl1

Bring heat up to 82f and try to get the humidity to 65/70%. hang some wet cloths or towels around. it helps, but you might need to keep making them wet. humidifier would be very beneficial
Put a fan at the bottom so it blows around the fiber pots, have another one blowing at the light
don't water, touch, feed or anything for the next 5 to seven days and then update with picture, temp, humidity
Also, since you recently water/feed them and you have some water in the catch cans. Measure what the ph and ec/ppm is
Hey thanks for the tips man. Humidity is not a problem. I have several large koi/Turtle ponds in this room so the humidity is high. I just opened a couple more vents and set the thermostat up to 82F. I also moved one fan down by the pots. I don't have a way to check ph or ec/ppm, I haven't taken it that far yet. I've just been using Fox Farms according to the schedule. I'll post an update in a few days.

T

Toddrickfl1

It's been 3 solid days at 82F and about 65-75% humidity and they look way happier to me.
IMG 20220228 195536058
IMG 20220228 195539831
IMG 20220228 195549326

PK1

PK1

Supporter
You mean like dry?
not fully dry but less moist. Touch the bottom of the fiber pot see how cold/hot/wet /dry it is. if its light weight then its time to water.
make a solution of 1ec and feed it in 15min intervals until water comes from bottom of the pot. Make sure you get 10% rrun off and check the ppm/ph

kyLman

kyLman

not fully dry but less moist. Touch the bottom of the fiber pot see how cold/hot/wet /dry it is. if its light weight then its time to water.
make a solution of 1ec and feed it in 15min intervals until water comes from bottom of the pot. Make sure you get 10% rrun off and check the ppm/ph
I have a question about this - do you mean, pour water in the smart pot, and let it sit for 15 minutes before adding more water?

Top Bottom