New grower 14 days in. Droopy leaves...advice please!

• Thread starter mkono87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mkono87

mkono87

Hey all!

Been taking a crack and growing indoors well growing anything for the first time. So far its been going pretty well but im a bit concerned with the leaves drooping a bit. I knew last night that the soil seemed dry and would need to be watered in the morning when the light does come back on. At the same time I started seeing roots at the bottom of my solo cup. So what im asking is do you think this was a result of under watering (today would be day 3 since last water) or does it need to be transplanted asap? I was hoping to leave them in the cups for a few days longer to let the small one develop more. Thinking to myself, I should maybe prepare to transplant tomorrow but I wanted to get some advice from you pros. Iv heard that seedlings can spend 4 weeks in a solo before having to be transplanted.

Thanks.

New grower 14 days in droopy leavesadvice please
New grower 14 days in droopy leavesadvice please 2
New grower 14 days in droopy leavesadvice please 3
New grower 14 days in droopy leavesadvice please 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey all!

Been taking a crack and growing indoors well growing anything for the first time. So far its been going pretty well but im a bit concerned with the leaves drooping a bit. I knew last night that the soil seemed dry and would need to be watered in the morning when the light does come back on. At the same time I started seeing roots at the bottom of my solo cup. So what im asking is do you think this was a result of under watering (today would be day 3 since last water) or does it need to be transplanted asap? I was hoping to leave them in the cups for a few days longer to let the small one develop more. Thinking to myself, I should maybe prepare to transplant tomorrow but I wanted to get some advice from you pros. Iv heard that seedlings can spend 4 weeks in a solo before having to be transplanted.

Thanks.
What is that media mix... Looks like good drainage and no nutrients? Hard for those leaves inside the cup to get some airflow.

mkono87

mkono87

What is that media mix... Looks like good drainage and no nutrients? Hard for those leaves inside the cup to get some airflow.
Im using Sunshine Mix#4 (Peat and perlite) Yep pretty good drainage and no nutes yet. I do have a small fan blowing around, not directly on the plants but mostly to keep the heat moving away. Im using an MH 600w bulb at 24" Last night before lights out they were happy and healthy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

24" under a 600w might be a bit to much and usually why they taco up a bit. But I have never grown under them. How much perlite did you add? Fill another cup up with hat mix if you can. The feel the difference. It should give you an idea of when they are getting dry enough to water. I also see water on the leaves... Don't spray them or get water on the leaves if possible. Being sunk in the cup with moist soil is going to raise the humidity around the leafs also but this will be short lived.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think the light is too close too. I run my 600 hps when i start them in my flower room at about 4 feet away.

They are not stretching much. If you raise the lamp they will grow above the cup and can then bury the stem up to a 1/4 inch from the cots which will support the seedling and promote more rooting. And the cup will be filled properly.

Deke

Deke

Roots showing at the bottom? Time to up pot. Get them into a bigger more friendly environment.

mkono87

mkono87

Roots showing at the bottom? Time to up pot. Get them into a bigger more friendly environment.
Yeah they are so il probably go ahead and transplant when the lights come on and see in a few days whats happens.

mkono87

mkono87

When I first started in the cup the light was sitting at 30" iv just slowly moved it down but it doesn't seem to show any signs of light stress. I have now put them into 1gal pots and gave them a good water. I have not yet fed them any nutes but I will be once I grab some ph down on monday and hopefully that what they were demanding. As a new grower its really hard to know what the plants are asking for.

MVIMG 20191130 133428
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I first started in the cup the light was sitting at 30" iv just slowly moved it down but it doesn't seem to show any signs of light stress. I have now put them into 1gal pots and gave them a good water. I have not yet fed them any nutes but I will be once I grab some ph down on monday and hopefully that what they were demanding. As a new grower its really hard to know what the plants are asking for.
Think they look alright.. seedlings can be a bit temperamental and their needs change fast.. the only thing that likely to kill them is changing conditions chasing ghosts because they are not perfect. If you do this your chances of killing them go up. Keep doing what your doing unless you see something severe. As for watering wait until the pot is very light before watering but they look fine to me.

Top Bottom