New grower - 2nd grow currently underway

• Thread starter Ronan526
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ronan526

All,

So i am a new grower here I have done a lot of research before starting my plants, I do want to have some opinions on the progress so far, I did plant my seedlings in 'Hot Soil' and so I have slight nutrient burn and it seems my plants really slowed down. Please see the photo attached, can anyone let me know if I may have any other issues based on the photo or is it just this nutrient burn that i am just pushing through with at the minute. Leaves look a little disformed in areas, growing White Widow, Northern Lights, Gorilla Zkittlez, Mimosa Evo.

Paper towel method used for germination, planted 12/03/2022, started to sprout the next day all 10. Grow room not a tent Temp 75F Humid 60%, running under Marshydro TSL2000 33% dimmed lights at 24inch only fed water due to hot soil PH'd to 6.7. Soil used is Plant Magic soil supreme.

Due to this coming up to 3 weeks since sprouting they look a little small considering the time.

Cheers R.

New grower   2nd grow currently underway
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Your temps are low and the plants are stretching a bit. I'd turn up that light and try to get my temps up closer to 28/30c with lights on.

Stop using eco pots. Use fabric pots or regular plastic pots and get your watering/environment dialed in and you should see growth improve.

R

Ronan526

Your temps are low and the plants are stretching a bit. I'd turn up that light and try to get my temps up closer to 28/30c with lights on.

Stop using eco pots. Use fabric pots or regular plastic pots and get your watering/environment dialed in and you should see growth improve.
Thanks for the feedback, Just got a new radiator in I Will make sure the temp goes higher got a ac infinity cloudline t6 so i can set the temp higher for extraction get the perfect environment, I will get some plastic starter pots for next time. I have fabric pots for when i transplant so shouldn't be an issue once transplanted. Thanks for the soil mix as well. Cheers R

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thanks for the feedback, Just got a new radiator in I Will make sure the temp goes higher got a ac infinity cloudline t6 so i can set the temp higher for extraction get the perfect environment, I will get some plastic starter pots for next time. I have fabric pots for when i transplant so shouldn't be an issue once transplanted. Thanks for the soil mix as well. Cheers R

Yep that should help things! A lot of growers don't actually realize that when using LED the leaf surface temps are much lower than compared to typical hps or mh bulbs so in effect this means to get the same leaf surface temps LED grows can actually run a little warmer :)

Every plant that I've tried to grow in an eco pot has rotten and died lol...I hate eco pots. Good luck!

R

Ronan526

Yep that should help things! A lot of growers don't actually realize that when using LED the leaf surface temps are much lower than compared to typical hps or mh bulbs so in effect this means to get the same leaf surface temps LED grows can actually run a little warmer :)

Every plant that I've tried to grow in an eco pot has rotten and died lol...I hate eco pots. Good luck!
Thanks, I have 1 gallon and 5 gallon fabric pots to transplant up to. I will get that temp dialled in now. Do you have a link to the starter pots you use? Also you mentioned Basic Soil Mix: 1/2 ProMix BX - 1/4 EWC - 1/4 Perlite is this just for seedlings once you transplant to a bigger pot do you use more nutrient rich soil. I am trying to get to the point where I'm not feeding until 3-4 weeks into flower. transplant at veg and then transplant just before flower. Cheers.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thanks, I have 1 gallon and 5 gallon fabric pots to transplant up to. I will get that temp dialled in now. Do you have a link to the starter pots you use? Also you mentioned Basic Soil Mix: 1/2 ProMix BX - 1/4 EWC - 1/4 Perlite is this just for seedlings once you transplant to a bigger pot do you use more nutrient rich soil. I am trying to get to the point where I'm not feeding until 3-4 weeks into flower. transplant at veg and then transplant just before flower. Cheers.

I use 4" nursery pots for starting my seedlings, get them from my local hydro store for like $0.50:

That basic mix is just a general purpose base to start with - it has some nitrogen from the EWC but not much else. It's good enough by itself to use as seedling starter for the first ~2 weeks, after that I would transplant into the 1gallon pots with some veg nutes and mycorrhizae. This pretty much allows me to follow the schedule you just pointed out:

Start seed in base mix
2 weeks
Transplant into 1 gallon with veg nutes
4-6 weeks veg
Transplant into 5 gallon with 30/70 veg and bloom nutes
4 week flower
Top dress with bloom nutes
4+ week flower

(this is with organic dry nutrients of course, timelines and feedings would be much diff with bottled)

2Bad

2Bad

3 weeks at that size is very lackluster. Looks like they stretched a bit needed more light . so repot and bury some of that stem. Also the eco pots are probably another BIG issue. I'd repot asap when ur plants seem healthy. As long as they are healthy when you repot theyll survive.

R

Ronan526

I use 4" nursery pots for starting my seedlings, get them from my local hydro store for like $0.50:

View attachment 1231584

That basic mix is just a general purpose base to start with - it has some nitrogen from the EWC but not much else. It's good enough by itself to use as seedling starter for the first ~2 weeks, after that I would transplant into the 1gallon pots with some veg nutes and mycorrhizae. This pretty much allows me to follow the schedule you just pointed out:

Start seed in base mix
2 weeks
Transplant into 1 gallon with veg nutes
4-6 weeks veg
Transplant into 5 gallon with 30/70 veg and bloom nutes
4 week flower
Top dress with bloom nutes
4+ week flower

(this is with organic dry nutrients of course, timelines and feedings would be much diff with bottled)
Cheers mate, I have transplanted today, photos to follow, buried a lot of the stem turned my light up to 50% from 33%, they seem to be liking it.

R

Ronan526

3 weeks at that size is very lackluster. Looks like they stretched a bit needed more light . so repot and bury some of that stem. Also the eco pots are probably another BIG issue. I'd repot asap when ur plants seem healthy. As long as they are healthy when you repot theyll survive.
Cheers, yeah i think I stunted them they are growing now, they have been transplanted to 1 gallon fabric pots and watered. I have buried the stem where required.

2Bad

2Bad

Cheers, yeah i think I stunted them they are growing now, they have been transplanted to 1 gallon fabric pots and watered. I have buried the stem where required.
Good job mane! it happens its how we learn

R

Ronan526

Good job mane! it happens its how we learn.
Hey
All,

So i am a new grower here I have done a lot of research before starting my plants, I do want to have some opinions on the progress so far, I did plant my seedlings in 'Hot Soil' and so I have slight nutrient burn and it seems my plants really slowed down. Please see the photo attached, can anyone let me know if I may have any other issues based on the photo or is it just this nutrient burn that i am just pushing through with at the minute. Leaves look a little disformed in areas, growing White Widow, Northern Lights, Gorilla Zkittlez, Mimosa Evo.

Paper towel method used for germination, planted 12/03/2022, started to sprout the next day all 10. Grow room not a tent Temp 75F Humid 60%, running under Marshydro TSL2000 33% dimmed lights at 24inch only fed water due to hot soil PH'd to 6.7. Soil used is Plant Magic soil supreme.

Due to this coming up to 3 weeks since sprouting they look a little small considering the time.

Cheers R.
@Shaded_One @2Bad please see attached new photos, so the 10 I started are really exploding now in the 1 gallons. I am starting to see a deficiency in 3-4 of my plants mostly the white widow. Any idea, I cant seem to find anything online that looks like this. Cheers R

Northern 1 150422
Overall 150422
White 1 150422
White 2 150422
White 3 150422
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

That looks very odd....and the fact that your plant is back to throwing off 3 blade leaves after pushing out a 5 blade. Did you change nutrients or something? How often and when are you watering, are the plants sitting in run off? Seems to me like something is terribly off environment wise or something just changed with their nutrients and the plant doesn't like it.

Last edited:
R

Ronan526

That looks very odd....and the fact that your plant is back to throwing off 3 blade leaves after pushing out a 5 blade. Did you change nutrients or something? How often and when are you watering, are the plants sitting in run off? Seems to me like something is terribly off environment wise or something just changed with their nutrients and the plant doesn't like it.

View attachment 1236128
I know,no no nutrient change just sitting in nutrient rich soil transplanted 2 weeks ago and growth was explosive from there. same soil didn’t happen on my last grow, no not sat in run off the pot usually soaks it up quickly. Environment is 80-82F 50% humid during the day same humid about 73 during the night 18-6 cycle

R

Ronan526

I know,no no nutrient change just sitting in nutrient rich soil transplanted 2 weeks ago and growth was explosive from there. same soil didn’t happen on my last grow, no not sat in run off the pot usually soaks it up quickly. Environment is 80-82F 50% humid during the day same humid about 73 during the night 18-6 cycle
If it is broad mites I’ve got some neem oil that I was going to spray over them lightly this weekend that could work, I will cut those leaves off as well and watch over the next week

Top Bottom