new grower 4x11 room 1800 watts,good?

• Thread starter Bxgrower81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bxgrower81

I am going to build a room in the next month I want it to be 4x11 or 4x12 is 1800w hps good enough?

aldus

aldus

I would say it's on the low end. I would try 1800w in 4x8 or so.

O

Oaksterman

I would say it's on the low end. I would try 1800w in 4x8 or so.
Yeah...you're probably better off with 3000 watts in the footprint you were originally looking at. 1800 will work...barely...but think you'll be much happier with 3000.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Or you could go with 2 1k's on a light rail.

With 1800 watts, you'll have roughly 40 watts/sq. ft., with 3000 watts you'd have 68 watts/sq. ft. If I was to use that size room, with stationary lights, i'd go with 3 1k's for sure.

F

Fear

Is that what you have or what you are planning on getting? Cause Min. I would say would be 2k.

N

negative 1

you could get a little over 59 watts per sq ft with 2 1000 and 1 600 with 2000 watts you'll get about 45 and a half watts per sq ft. one 1000 will cover a 4 x 4 nicely as stated so i mean with a 4x 11 you virtually have 3, 4 x 4 areas to cover your pocket might get a hit on the iniial buy but with that much light well you'll get it back. everyone who has posted has not steered you wrong and im gonna leave it at that.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
3 1K lights, anything else would be a waste of time in a room that size.

jj

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn't say it'd be a waste of time... with it being a longer area, a rail would be perfect for that scenario.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I wouldn't say it'd be a waste of time... with it being a longer area, a rail would be perfect for that scenario.

"a waste of time" is a bit harsh for sure johnny, I ran a light rail for a few grows and was not impressed with it in flower, replaced it with another light and the improvements were worth the expense. Just trying to keep folks from makig the same mistakes I did is all, peace.

jj

F

Fear

Of course more light is better maybe it's financial, but if it is financial no way to afford the mover either.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Of course more light is better maybe it's financial, but if it is financial no way to afford the mover either.

that's my point exactly Fear. The best advice I was ever given in regards to light rails was to take the money and go buy another light.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Might i ask what dimensions you used it over, and the distance traveled on the rail?

They def aren't for everyone, but they can serve "special" needs setups. I like them when the thermal properties of your room won't allow you to use as many lights as you'd like. I used a rail with 2 1k lights, and remoted the ballasts. Air cooled the lights, and still needed an a/c.

Latest posts

Top Bottom