New Grower - Am I Ready For Harvesting?

• Thread starter ThursdayNext
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThursdayNext

Hello! I’m new here and new to growing. I’m in my second year and I’m getting anxious about harvesting. Would anyone mind to give me your opinion on my plants? I got as close as I could to show the trichomes and pistils. Under a loupe, there’s no amber but mostly cloudy.

I think I’m ready but then don’t want to go to early. These photos were taken this morning.

Thank you in advance! I appreciate everyone’s time.

New grower   am i ready for harvesting
New grower   am i ready for harvesting 2
New grower   am i ready for harvesting 3
FirstLight

FirstLight

It’s nice when conditions don’t dictate when you harvest.

I grow a bunch of different varieties and in general I want the buds to have finished there last growth spurt.

After that the usual loupe test and your personal taste.

Not knowing the strain, your plant looks excellent.

Plants that are heavily Sativa may go thru several re-flowering cycles if you let them.
Each stage a different high.

T

ThursdayNext

I grow a bunch of different varieties and in general I want the buds to have finished there last growth spurt.

Plants that are heavily Sativa may go thru several re-flowering cycles if you let them.
Thanks! I have 5 plants. I harvested two of the smaller plants this weekend, and I’m leaving one for another week and the last for the next week.

Choppr

Choppr

Let the pistils turn brown/orange check Trich's, looks like a week or 2 more to my eyes - I use to run a lot of Panama Red many years ago love the pink/red pistils, right on!

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

reflowering cycle? could you elaborate on this?

FirstLight

FirstLight

Sure,

I grow tropical varieties. I live in Florida.
For example, I did a Santa Marta Gold
Test run for a buddy.
At about 100 days of flowering they looked good. Waiting until more ambers show up.
Boom it starts growing new buds I let them go
For another 3 weeks or so then I harvested.

The breeder tells me with plants from equatorial have several windows to harvest.
The longer flower time was more complex
A buzz but not really stronger.

He is an old coot and tells stories of how in Mexico they would pierce the stems with big nails towards harvest as well.

Of course once spending so long growing some cool herb. It’s prime for Cobbing

3cats

3cats

Hello! I’m new here and new to growing. I’m in my second year and I’m getting anxious about harvesting. Would anyone mind to give me your opinion on my plants? I got as close as I could to show the trichomes and pistils. Under a loupe, there’s no amber but mostly cloudy.

I think I’m ready but then don’t want to go to early. These photos were taken this morning.

Thank you in advance! I appreciate everyone’s time.
Still a bit to go imho 2 weeks more will plump them up more. An old saying I heard was lots of people are upset they cut too soon but few are upset because they waited too long. In my climate mould sets in late in flower so does cold and damp so we chop early to get something rather than nothing but if you have the weather then let them grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom