New grower and new to the site

• Thread starter Evan Duffy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Stoners, potheads, gardeners and patients thank you for your time for a start if you're reading this.

First soil grow bio bizz all mix 5" rvk extractor fan, oldtimers organic plant magic plus nutes.

Growing 3 royal queens amnesia autoflowers and 2 dinafem amnesia autoflowers. The royal queens are on day 11 today and the dinafems are day 10.

Three plants are coming along really well I'll get some pics of them but I took pics of two that seemed strange to me, I think the first one is a nitrogen def but the second one is just a weird type of growth in the leafs idk what the fuck it is tbh any help here?

Also I ordered some dolomite lime for cal/mg for when the plant flowers also I don't need to even add the dolomite unless I get an mg def will I? I've heard organic nutes give you a salt build up or lack of salt around 3rd week of flower or som shit like that? ANDDD, is dolomite even soluble to water and you're nutrient solution?

Once again thanks fo'yo time people ((((:

New grower and new to the site
New grower and new to the site 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome, Evan!
Stoners, potheads, gardeners and patients thank you for your time for a start if you're reading this.

First soil grow bio bizz all mix 5" rvk extractor fan, oldtimers organic plant magic plus nutes.

Growing 3 royal queens amnesia autoflowers and 2 dinafem amnesia autoflowers. The royal queens are on day 11 today and the dinafems are day 10.

Three plants are coming along really well I'll get some pics of them but I took pics of two that seemed strange to me, I think the first one is a nitrogen def but the second one is just a weird type of growth in the leafs idk what the fuck it is tbh any help here?

Also I ordered some dolomite lime for cal/mg for when the plant flowers also I don't need to even add the dolomite unless I get an mg def will I? I've heard organic nutes give you a salt build up or lack of salt around 3rd week of flower or som shit like that? ANDDD, is dolomite even soluble to water and you're nutrient solution?

Once again thanks fo'yo time people (((:)
I'm not familiar with the nutrient line you're using, however, organic means *no* chemical salts, and therefore no build-up of salts. In fact, the best way to think of organic cultivation is that you're NOT feeding the plants, you're feeding the soil.

DL is somewhat soluble, its solubility really depends on the acidity of the water column. I would not be relying on that for your total Ca/Mg profile because the Ca and the Mg are bound up with carbonates. Carbonates drive pH upward, which is great if the soil and water you're using to feed & water are soft/acidic, but if not? Then it just won't work for those purposes. Use it to control pH shift, not to provide Ca and Mg.

The more pressing deficiency, and therefore nutrient, IMO and IME, is Ca, not Mg. Go to the thread in my signature line to help learn why, but in a word it's because of mobility (within plant tissues). Ca is immobile, Mg is mobile. Ca- is not easily corrected, especially once necrosis is observed, whereas Mg- is very easily corrected.

Neither of your seedlings is N- at this time. Pale new growth usually indicates that the plant is growing vigorously and is still translocating N. The slight crinkling is usually indicative of pH conditions not being to that plant's preference. A bit of playing with pH, allowing it to range both upward and downward, will usually allow the plant to tell you what it prefers.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Welcome, Evan!

I'm not familiar with the nutrient line you're using, however, organic means *no* chemical salts, and therefore no build-up of salts. In fact, the best way to think of organic cultivation is that you're NOT feeding the plants, you're feeding the soil.

DL is somewhat soluble, its solubility really depends on the acidity of the water column. I would not be relying on that for your total Ca/Mg profile because the Ca and the Mg are bound up with carbonates. Carbonates drive pH upward, which is great if the soil and water you're using to feed & water are soft/acidic, but if not? Then it just won't work for those purposes. Use it to control pH shift, not to provide Ca and Mg.

The more pressing deficiency, and therefore nutrient, IMO and IME, is Ca, not Mg. Go to the thread in my signature line to help learn why, but in a word it's because of mobility (within plant tissues). Ca is immobile, Mg is mobile. Ca- is not easily corrected, especially once necrosis is observed, whereas Mg- is very easily corrected.

Neither of your seedlings is N- at this time. Pale new growth usually indicates that the plant is growing vigorously and is still translocating N. The slight crinkling is usually indicative of pH conditions not being to that plant's preference. A bit of playing with pH, allowing it to range both upward and downward, will usually allow the plant to tell you what it prefers.

I see I see I clicked onto that after I rea this I went watered my plants tested the run off was like 5.8 D: put som dolomite in it and it started rising I really Gould have watered them with dolomite in the water as well or is it to early, I'm on day 15 with them now like still in veg, their amnesia autos room temp is 27 degrees it's been 3 days since I last watered then and they genuinely did feel like they needed watered again so I did one was really light green as well new growth was very bright green. I can't explain what's happened after this watering but I took some pics the leafs seen as if they just got softer an are Wilton or som fuck me idk everything seemed good to :/// the last picture is just the leaf zoomed out.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Pd
Welcome, Evan!

Ps I really think it's to do with the soils ph, should I use the dolomite to shit ph up yeah? Also what should I use for an organic source of mg/cal? Sorry I'm a pain in the ass I know but these leaves have freaked me

Power OG

Power OG

do you have soil ph meter? what is your soils ph? adding lime will raise ph, but i wouldnt, just add it unless you know your soils ph.

S

ssteely71

Stop fussing about ph. Those babies are fine. I grew outdoors for years before I even knew there was such a thing as ph. Lol. Drooping leaves are a sign of overwatering. Nutrient lockout can be caused by overwatering. Right now try to let the soil get a bit dry before you water with anything. Most beginner problems come from overwatering. You said your run off was 5.8, this means nothing if we don't know the ph of the solution you used. There should not be ph issues this early if your using a good soil. Best of luck. And welcome to the farm.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

do you have soil ph meter? what is your soils ph? adding lime will raise ph, but i wouldnt, just add it unless you know your soils ph.

I only had an esstintal test kit to test the run off water and a chart with different ph and colours on and it seemed to be about 5.8 which wasn't good, I should have added the lime like shouldn't i? The plants are only on day 16 like

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Stop fussing about ph. Those babies are fine. I grew outdoors for years before I even knew there was such a thing as ph. Lol. Drooping leaves are a sign of overwatering. Nutrient lockout can be caused by overwatering. Right now try to let the soil get a bit dry before you water with anything. Most beginner problems come from overwatering. You said your run off was 5.8, this means nothing if we don't know the ph of the solution you used. There should not be ph issues this early if your using a good soil. Best of luck. And welcome to the farm.

The ph of the water going in was like 7.2 with nutrients in the water the ph is like 7, 6.8, think you've hit the nail on the head with the over watering but as I said the top if the soil was fucking bone dry and a few inches in was a bit moist like, I've only gave them 3 waterings from their 1st week and one with nutrients, my nutrients are organic like as I said in my main post. Where is the brown, yellowish patches coming from any idea man? Thanks for your replies btw

Power OG

Power OG

you will have to ask someone who has experiance testing run off, sorry i do not, def invest in soil ph meter.
Respect

S

ssteely71

Ok water going in was 7.2 and run off was 5.8. This means your soil ph around 6.5. Perfect.
Back off watering. Do not use foilar with lights on. Those spots are from overwatering. I still do it myself from time to time.

Power OG

Power OG

Ok water going in was 7.2 and run off was 5.8. This means your soil ph around 6.5. Perfect.
Back off watering. Do not use foilar with lights on. Those spots are from overwatering. I still do it myself from time to time.
thats what i was think ssteely! Great advice.
Respect
TMB

S

ssteely71

I overwatered this single cola plant last week. Just watered it like it was a normal size plant too many times. If you can see through the bad lighting you will see what it did to my large fan leaves.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Fuck that's rite the run off means in the middle the ph is different! Fuck me after putting my head away for scout a year with research before growing you think that would have came to me, suppose you can do all the research you want but when you come to getting practical ya gotta follow the steps and keep the nerve haha. I'll hold up for about 5 says before another watering now. Also I have the girls in 8lt pots is that big enough for an amnesia? + it's an auto they do huge root shoots early on etc if you know anything about autos

S

ssteely71

I'm clueless about autos.
But glad I could help. If I can give advice I'd say.
Just take this first grow easy. Don't push it with the nutes and watering and pampering. Let it do it's thing and it will reward you.

Power OG

Power OG

the only auto ive ever grown, i had in a 5gallon smartpot, because they grow such large roots i pulled alil over 3ozs, off my nothern lights auto.
respect
TMB

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Fuck me so that
the only auto ive ever grown, i had in a 5gallon smartpot, because they grow such large roots i pulled alil over 3ozs, off my nothern lights auto.
respect
TMB

Fuck me so that's like 22litres or som? I'm not gonna have to do a transplant here am I D: amnesia get big as it is but it's auto? These fuckets are pretty big for their 2nd week also here's a pic of the full crop

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Ps y
ps my light schedule is 24/0 will that have any effect on foliar feeding (which I've just been trying to educate myself in since you mentioned it there lol)

Latest posts

Top Bottom