Squishee

Hi all,

This is my first grow. Here are the infos :

- Autoflower
- DWC
- Room temp around 20-23 C.
- Nute are GH (floweing stage)
- Also add some Cal-Mag & Hydroguard.
- PH stay between 5.50-6.00. Been mostly closer to 5.65 in general.

I think I burned them with too much nute (1600ppm) about 2 weeks ago when I made the switch to flowering nutes. I then reduced it by diluting the water with some plain water.

Both plants seems to be doing alright in general. Since the flowering started, they are growing but 1 of them seems to be about 1 week behind the other.

That 1 plant also seems to be still drinking nutes and a lot of water in general. I resplenish with water every day and dont need to adjust the PH most of the time. Nute goes down about 50-100 ppm a day after resplenish.

So I get this issue :

Many leafs seems to be turning yellow-ish, show some burn marks (brown ish or black) on the edges. Some of them have the leaf curled inward/upward. After some time they dry up and die. I removed many of them over the past 2 weeks.

Note, almost all of it is localised at the botto 1/3 of the plant. The top seems to be doing pretty good , with 1 -2 leafs who got small orange spots, but I think they are old spots. Also just noticed, some of them branchs on top, where flowers started to develop, are purple or have a stripe of purple.

I tried to identify the issues but I sorta get some mixed signals. I tough about nute burn and also P issue.

I joined some pictures from leaf I removed.

Thanks

New grower   help for issue identification
New grower   help for issue identification 2
New grower   help for issue identification 3
New grower   help for issue identification 4
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Check my helpful charts and graphs link in my sig, a full plant pic in regular light will help diagnose.
When you say gh flower stage do you mean GH micro and bloom and you mix them into water individually before addind the water to your rez?

S

Squishee

HI there,

Purple pick is merely to show plant looks alright + purple steam. Color are not great because of the led light.

As far as crowding, I say you might be onto something. Plant took way more space than expected in a small closed. I ended removing 1 of the door and letting the other one always open.

Led light is pretty good and has a v good penetration, maybe less to lower level still.

I have a fan blowing on the plants a lot of the time, but not 100%. (I shut it down during nights)

Does it help with theses infos ?

straincreation

straincreation

ya im mot in dwc but from the looks of it it looks like P, and maybe a lil mg def, i may be wrong but looks a like some mg probs ive had before.

good luck happy farmin.

the doc looks like he has you covered

S

Squishee

Check my helpful charts and graphs link in my sig, a full plant pic in regular light will help diagnose.
When you say gh flower stage do you mean GH micro and bloom and you mix them into water individually before addind the water to your rez?

Hi, nice chart ! Thanks !

Altough I am still unsure.

I use GH FloraNova. (used the grow for veg state) and now using Bloom.

I change water on a weekly basis. Last 2 changes I took the plant and flushed it with tap water then sat it in an empty bucket while I clean the one it was in.

I then fill with new water, add Hydroguard, add Cal-Mag, add Nute, then adjust PH if needed. (dont really need to adjust PH), let the bubble run a lil to make sure it is all well mixed, then put back the plant with all the rootball in it.

Then during the week, I check daily in the moring, refill with only water and adjust PH if neeed. (dont need to adjust most of the time either)

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You use water straight from the tap or let it sit out?
I dont really see how your water could already be 5.5 or 6 without adjusting it unless theres something wrong with the water.

S

Squishee

You use water straight from the tap or let it sit out?
I dont really see how your water could already be 5.5 or 6 without adjusting it unless theres something wrong with the water.

I use straight from tap and dont let it sit. (PPM is about 70-90, PH around 7.00). Sometime I need to adjust PH when I add the water but most of the time, since PH stayed in the low side of 5.50-5.70, after water it still stay between the 5,5-6,20.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should bubble your water in a bucket for at least 24 hours before adding nutes or putting it in your rez. Im no hydro guy but Im pretty sure youre supposed to ph your water before adding it.

S

Squishee

PP
You should bubble your water in a bucket for at least 24 hours before adding nutes or putting it in your rez. Im no hydro guy but Im pretty sure youre supposed to ph your water before adding it.

Tap is 70PP wich is pretty low. From infos I gathered it seems that at that level it is not an issue. Beside my actual issue, plants are growing nice and strong.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Tap water has chlorine in it, bubbling it for 24 hours before using it evaporates the chlorine.

S

Squishee

1st Pic : View of the grow. Yes the plant on the left is v close to the light. Cant do much about it except grow smaller one next time. (note, both started same time prob different pheno as we see big differences in traits)

2nd Pic : view of the bottom of plant on the left. Took out some branch lately.

3th : Leaf of the plant on the right.

4 & 5 : Leafs I removed this morning from left plant. (note the difference in color )

6 & 7 : Leafs I removed this morning from right plant. (small burning and inside curling, also difference in color).

20161219 112514
20161219 112525
20161219 112637
20161219 113631
20161219 113640
20161219 113713
20161219 113731
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
1st Pic : View of the grow. Yes the plant on the left is v close to the light. Cant do much about it except grow smaller one next time. (note, both started same time prob different pheno as we see big differences in traits)

2nd Pic : view of the bottom of plant on the left. Took out some branch lately.

3th : Leaf of the plant on the right.

4 & 5 : Leafs I removed this morning from left plant. (note the difference in color )

6 & 7 : Leafs I removed this morning from right plant. (small burning and inside curling, also difference in color).
It looks like its touching the light

S

Squishee

It looks like its touching the light

Yes it does but not much damage there. (I cant put the light higher the way I set this up for now..)

Also leafs with burn marks are at the bottom 1/3 in general, so not the light touching + burn .

S

Squishee

Would you recommand trimming some ? If so at what stage ? (veg vs early flower).

I know auto dont have much of time vs stress of trimming. Altough looking at how it went, I think it would have been a good move early on.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can trim all throughout growth, I would pinch the main stalk and crush it and fold it over to get the light closer.

S

Squishee

I did a trim 2 days ago. Keeping PH more closer to 5.80. So far, big one is drinking water like hell (nutes too). Smaller one is less on a daily average, altough smaller, the buds looks nicer.

Will keep up to date if anything.

Thanks to all

D

Davie

Hi, nice chart ! Thanks !

Altough I am still unsure.

I use GH FloraNova. (used the grow for veg state) and now using Bloom.

I change water on a weekly basis. Last 2 changes I took the plant and flushed it with tap water then sat it in an empty bucket while I clean the one it was in.

I then fill with new water, add Hydroguard, add Cal-Mag, add Nute, then adjust PH if needed. (dont really need to adjust PH), let the bubble run a lil to make sure it is all well mixed, then put back the plant with all the rootball in it.

Then during the week, I check daily in the moring, refill with only water and adjust PH if neeed. (dont need to adjust most of the time either)

Latest posts

Top Bottom