funky

IMG_00582.jpg
IMG_00602.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg
IMG_00592.jpg

funky

funky

Hi guys, great forum and i have followed a lot of advice from here, started my first grow and need some advice, we are in week 3-4 and im using 600w led, temp and humidity and ph are all good, 4 plants, 3 are about 4-5 inch high, and the back right is about 8-9 inch, i have trimmed some fan leaves as there where quite large and cover all the growth beneath, they seam to doing ok as in lots of sprouts and growth there, any advice would be appreciated, do i top the back right plant down as its growing lot faster than others, they are feminized seeds
1 x Crystal METH
1 x Melon Gum
1 x Painkiller
1 x King Kong
these are supposed to be able to crop in 11 weeks whens bes time to flower.
Im not experimenting with nutes on this grow as im learning, I am however giving them tomato feed and they seam to like it,
cheers

MeJuana

MeJuana

Before you flip to flowering you should clean up the bottom stalks just so you can water them without worry. But another reason to do it is you don't want buds dipping down into the planter. I think your plants look great for the area they are in but I would control them by pinching/super cropping now. Any shoot that is taking off above the canopy pinch and twist between your fingers to crush the stem up then when it is soft bend it over. (Youtube super cropping). If you pinch off the dominant shoot it will redistribute energy elsewhere on the plant and by continuing to do this you will end up with even canopy height, many large buds instead of one huge one and you don't have to chop your plants anymore. For the record if I am going to chop a plant during flower I do it to just one so I can see how she responds. Typically I don't want to be experimenting even on one plant if I am out of meds... Super cropping is safer

funky

funky

Wow, Thanks for that dude, had quick look at youtube vid, and theres loads of them :) gonna have proper look and digest it, one quick question, the plants have still a good 21/2 to 31/2 foot room above them, would i do the above now, or wait,
cheers

BudBogart

BudBogart

Concentrate on increasing the bud sights at the top of the canopy. Unless you have exceptional lighting setup only the bud at the top of the canopy will get adequate lighting to make tight buds. Save room for the bud growth that will take place once you switch to flowering.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I thought you already topped them and I kind of lost track of what I was going to say about flowering. Space will be a concern I feel like you should be flipping to flowering mode. If you didn't top them you can, instead, break the tops in flower and the side shoots will fatten up. I put a hole in the top of my planter on each side then I tie the lower stem in one direction then the top I bend to tie in the other direction. (counter pulling the stem for rigidity) But you could also top them and take a little more off the bottom so long as it's been one week since you chopped those leaves. Don't take more than 1/5th or 20% of the total foliage. Wait a few days for new little growth tips then you can flip them then. So there's a couple suggestions let me know what you think

funky

funky

thanks guys, I took little bit more of the bottom of the plants and topped them, and fed them, how long would you wait till i switch to flowering, and would you just change from 18 to 12 in one jump,
cheers

MeJuana

MeJuana

After topping and trimming if she is stalled you should wait until she starts growing again but if you see new growth tips coming out you can flip now. Just wait at least a week before anymore trimming. Definitely drop the light from 18 on down to 12 on all in one leap because it helps initiate flowering.

The first 2 - 3 weeks of flowering is known as the transition period so if you're supplying nutrients you will still be using veg, or with some formulas a mix of veg & bloom. Then pistils will shoot out of everywhere and the buds will form and you will be in flowering mode.

funky

funky

Hi guys, i switched them on monday night, after seeing new growth, there growing like crazy, the buds are starting to show above the plant, the fan leaves at top are getting quite big and covering lot of the buds beneath, can i trim these, to allow for the more buds.
Thanks

Top Bottom