New Grower Here, Need Help With Sealed Room Options!

• Thread starter bearwolf24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bearwolf24

Hello everyone, totally new here and to the growing scene. I am in the process of building a grow room with 8x1000w Gavita DE lights, CO2, dehu fans and undecided about using a straight 5 ton AC or 2 mini split ductless 3 ton AC units. My friend who has helped me get to where I am at says that I could have a completely sealed room with no fresh air intakes/exhaust. I've been researching quite a bit and have found that many people say thats not the way to go. Anyone with any experience doing this/know of anyone doing this with any success? Any help or general input about my room is greatly appreciated!

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

What are the dimensions of your room? No fresh air exchange I would feel is risky. I'm not sure on the science behind it, but I'm sure someone on the farm will chime in.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I've seen this asked before and from what I remember, people that run a sealed room usually recycle the air once a day or so...I think there were a few that only kept it sealed when the lights were on...

Gyreman

Gyreman

my small test/ lab grow building is same....8x 1000w de gavitas on each side, sealed, no fresh air, but with air exchange across the rooms to help with cooling. 2 3 ton mini splits plus one supplemental 14k whynter unit for the summer mos, tank c02. Yields are outstanding. Not because of the exchange just saying the exchange isn't hurting. We do 4 foot trees, multiple tops. Expensive grow because of all the dehu/ac/lights and so on. In our experience well worth it as our quality is top of the market here in Oregon. Our 11 foot ceilings help. we use remote ballasts in a foyer entry with fresh air cooling there....if your gavitas are all-in-one and in your rooms then you will need more ac. one 5 ton won't cut it for sure....two three ton splits and two 14k whynters will be more than enough I suspect. reddundancy is nice and you can always shut the little ones off in winter. Careful about no light bleed from your air exchange....

Top Bottom