New Grower Here

• Thread starter Good Vibes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Good Vibes

Good Vibes

Hey everybody, after much extensive research I decided to start my first grow and am going to need a lot of help as I move forward. THCFarmer appealed to me because it has the UC forum of which i hope to get a lot of advice from along the way. I currently have a UC 16 site system of which I'm currently restricted to use only 14 of them due to space limitations. I'll be running 4 x 500 w Blackstar LED's for the time being. I haven't purchased a humidifier or chiller as I'm hoping to figure out if I can get by without these things as I start growing. My grow room is 16 x 12 x 9, of which a decent sized closet will be used for the mother plants. I'm still setting up the room. My first batch of seeds did not germ. I purchased 5 bubba gump from attitude seeds which did not pop after after 24 hrs in mineral H2O followed by 20 days in paper towel method. They referred me to greenhouse seeds, which basically told me i got screwed. Fair enough - I won't buy from them again. Anyways glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot.

socalval

socalval

Welcome to the farm Good Vibes ! lots of farmers with info tips and years of know how under thier belts . FYI sounds like you may have drowned your seeds in water that long . I do no more than 8 hrs on small beans and 12 on large , then i go to paper towell .
You have the right idea learn now save later .
peace !

Good Vibes

Good Vibes

Thanks for the advice. I really think they may have been bad seeds though. I purchased some Holy Grail also from Attitude and after 24 hrs in water they popped. The method did not change at all. I have them in rapid rooters right now and am eagerly awaiting their journey to the surface. I'm just going to stay the hell away from Greenhouse seeds. First rule of growing I learned: if you purchase seeds from a seedbank and get bad seeds - tough shit.

socalval

socalval

lmao yes GV research . Attitude is hit or miss in my book some love them some stay away . Ive often hear the freebies are better than what was orderd . YOU know not to water them yet right ....... Not always the case but if you order from the farm no problems and if there is one it will get fixed .
May the force be with you !

Good Vibes

Good Vibes

so i actually ordered 4 strains from them. i figured since i threw down a ton of cash they might actually want to keep me as a customer. guess not. so out of the 4 strains i purchased: holy grail, purple wreck, exodus and bubba, the only ones that germed were the first two. still too early to say for the exodus, but we'll see. out of 5 or 6 seeds for each so far 2 holy grail and 3 purple wreck have sprouted. the bubba was pitched into the garbage - pisses me off just looking at 'em.

nebulius

nebulius

GHS (greenhouse) doesn't have the best rep for seeds, sorry you got burned man. Attitude is just the distributor, GHS is the breeder so if there's something wrong with them GHS would be to blame.
I hear a lot of folks get bunk beans from GHS so you're not alone. I heard one dude say that his bean was partially sprouted because the color coating they put on it moistened the seed causing it to crack open. Might be a production flaw coating seeds. I don't like colored seeds anyway, very unnatural.

Welcome to the farm, hope your luck improves.

Good Vibes

Good Vibes

I'm aware. so many back and forth opinions on the boards. Had to learn it for myself. thanks

Good Vibes

Good Vibes

i'm positive the greenhouse seeds were bunk, but my exodus didn't germ either. i don't think that's a coincidence. the exodus were tested right after the freebies. i think i drowned the bastards. not a great start.

Top Bottom