New Grower Here

• Thread starter riden2low
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
riden2low

riden2low

Days of flower. Do you count the day you put it into the flower cycle of 12 to 12 or do you count the days until harvest by the time you see the first bud? Have a couple that are getting close to harvest. Dont know what strain. Just started from a couple of seeds. I have kept records as to when I put them into flower and watering and etc. I have read 9 weeks, 10 weeks, and I am like wow, The plant has stopped stretching and I am not to familiar on looks of the plant. So all the help would be great.

hiboy

hiboy

sometimes I will go 24 hours of darkness before turning the lights on and starting the count
some do some don't
Unless you know you're strain it's hard to know exactly when you will be finished therefore you will know the schedule of nutrients exactly but you'll be able to make it work. Usually I believe the least to pull is 63 days and the longest is another week or two
Hb

HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
Days of flower. Do you count the day you put it into the flower cycle of 12 to 12 or do you count the days until harvest by the time you see the first bud? Have a couple that are getting close to harvest. Dont know what strain. Just started from a couple of seeds. I have kept records as to when I put them into flower and watering and etc. I have read 9 weeks, 10 weeks, and I am like wow, The plant has stopped stretching and I am not to familiar on looks of the plant. So all the help would be great.
Yes you count flower time from the day you start 12/12...

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I have an indica that says 45 days from flower to harvest. My first time with it so.....We shall see. Whereas my sativa can take up to 10 weeks. Can u tell if it's an indica dom or sativa dom by any chance?

riden2low

riden2low

I am thinking it is a hybrid. One plant seem to have larger leaves, so thinking that it might have more indica. Once these are done I have some White Widow seeds. At least I know what they are. Here in Oregon, at the moment, they are allowing you to buy Clones. So I have an Agent Orange that it ready to go into the flower once these plants that I know nothing about are done.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I am thinking it is a hybrid. One plant seem to have larger leaves, so thinking that it might have more indica. Once these are done I have some White Widow seeds. At least I know what they are. Here in Oregon, at the moment, they are allowing you to buy Clones. So I have an Agent Orange that it ready to go into the flower once these plants that I know nothing about are done.

I love a mystery tho....

HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
I love a mystery tho....
Yeah a mystery is great! I'm a seed junkie for that exact reason. You never know. For example I just finished up some Chemdog D haze from topdawg. Longest pointy leaves I've seen..looked sativa Dom all the way..plants were completely finished in 8 weeks. Well one took 9 wks and the other 2 were 8 wks..lol. That was my surprise out of my last garden. Usually you can get an idea by the way a leaf looks but sometimes they like to trick you!...lol

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yeah a mystery is great! I'm a seed junkie for that exact reason. You never know. For example I just finished up some Chemdog D haze from topdawg. Longest pointy leaves I've seen..looked sativa Dom all the way..plants were completely finished in 8 weeks. Well one took 9 wks and the other 2 were 8 wks..lol. That was my surprise out of my last garden. Usually you can get an idea by the way a leaf looks but sometimes they like to trick you!...lol

I had 2 seeds I bought ohhh must be 16 years ago. I tried germinating them last month but nothing. I couldn't remember what they were. I was gutted lol cause I wanted a surprise. Iv had strains that say like 80% sativa but yet the leaves were fat like the indica part of the strain I have a lot to learn yet lol. I have my first chem dawg this grow. I'm real excited about it.

Last edited:
HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
I had 2 seeds I bought ohhh must be 16 years ago. I tried germinating them last month but nothing. I couldn't remember what they were. I was gutted lol cause I wanted a surprise. Iv had strains that say like 80% sativa but yet the leaves were fat like the indica part of the strain I have a lot to learn yet lol. I have my first chem dawg this grow. I'm real excited about it.
Yeah..don't we all have a lot to learn...lol that's the fun part for me. Do you know what chem you are running? I'm a big fan of the Chemdog #4. Hard to beat imo.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yeah..don't we all have a lot to learn...lol that's the fun part for me. Do you know what chem you are running? I'm a big fan of the Chemdog #4. Hard to beat imo.

The seeds are from Humboldt it just says chem dawg. This is a screen shop of the seeds I ordered off their website. I'm finding it hard over here in the UK to get the really good strains.

Screenshot 2015 11 20 08 59 47
HighplainDriftr

HighplainDriftr

Supporter
The seeds are from Humboldt it just says chem dawg. This is a screen shop of the seeds I ordered off their website. I'm finding it hard over here in the UK to get the really good strains.
I'm not familiar with that company or product but I'm sure they can have some fire.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace

This is a good question.

A couple of factors will determine when I start "officially" counting the flowering days.

If I'm growing from seed I usually start counting flower from the first day I actually see flowers start to form. This is usually about 10 days after the flip to 12/12. Then I usually harvest around day 65, but only if it's ready.

If I'm flowering clones, from a mature mother plant, I will start counting days as soon as I flip to 12/12. And again I usually harvest around day 65.

And no one ever complains about weed that was pulled too late. So be as patient as possible.
Best of luck. Peace

riden2low

riden2low

Thanks, just trying to get the hang of this growing. It seems pretty simple but yet there seems to be a learning cruve. I got two plants flowering now and it has been at least 8 weeks now. One plant is starting to get yellow leaves as tho it might have come to the end and then I have another plant in the same tent that is still green and has nice buds.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

This is a good question.

A couple of factors will determine when I start "officially" counting the flowering days.

If I'm growing from seed I usually start counting flower from the first day I actually see flowers start to form. This is usually about 10 days after the flip to 12/12. Then I usually harvest around day 65, but only if it's ready.

If I'm flowering clones, from a mature mother plant, I will start counting days as soon as I flip to 12/12. And again I usually harvest around day 65.

And no one ever complains about weed that was pulled too late. So be as patient as possible.
Best of luck. Peace
Because I'm doing auto flower my strain is big easy and smokey bear,it says seed to harvest 65-70 days,do they mean 70 days until it starts flowering or 70 days untiltere done ????

LI grows

LI grows

Ive gotten quality seeds from Herbies. The freebies turned out to be crap.
63 days...exactly 9 weeks from 12/12 flip. That's what works for me. :-)

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

We're on about autos mate so there's no flip to 12/12
Ive gotten quality seeds from Herbies. The freebies turned out to be crap.
63 days...exactly 9 weeks from 12/12 flip. That's what works for me. :)[/but cheers for the 63days ;)

xavier7995

xavier7995

I start with the flip as it is easier to keep track of. Don't really go by any advertised days till finish, i just use it to guesstimate about when they will finish up and when I should start looking trichs and to help plan for the turn around to the next batch.

Top Bottom