New Grower in Las Vegas

• Thread starter supersecretjim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

supersecretjim

Hello all! New to growing since may 23. Started out buying a very large amount of weed from a new buddy recently introduced to me. Told him Id like to grow for myself. He said its a lot of work, etc. Investement for indoor growing, etc...
Challege Accepted!!

He started me out with two "Nirvana" (unknown origin, but was assured its fire) plants freshly transplanted to 5 gallon pots and weighing around 20lbs. He definitely fed them well prior to the handoff. I gave them light as I could find it for a week. Sometimes outside sometimes by a window.
A week later, got myself an HLG350 Diablo, and hung between two chairs until my Tent and other stuff arrived.
Now running Gorilla 4x2x7'11" with HLG350 Diablo, AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro, and AC infinity exhaust and fans. I LOVE that the controller 69 can control most of my stuff, even my HLG lamp for on/off and level 1-10. Ive set up the 69Pro to turn the lamp on by schedule, and the exhaust to adjust itself to humidity and temperature. Pretty cool for an autistic guy who must know whats going on at every given moment. Running Athena Blended program.
Had the Nirvanas vegging pretty good and just about to flip the switch to flower (after about a month or so), then my buddy comes up with 3 plants from "Lovin in Her Eyes"... I reluctantly welcomed TailDragger, Polaris Purps, and Banana Bayou to my shrinking grow space. My buddy said Id be fine.
Its been a ride, for sure. Im trying to stay one step ahead, but its tough sometimes. Water has been an issue. Started with Bottled, now using RO, but from a finicky portable countertop unit. Not exactly efficient, but its all a work in progress.

Will harvest all five plants this Saturday. Gotta do them all at once because im using the 4x2 to dry in as well. Not an ideal situation, but such is life.

I was hoping for an epic first grow pulling out a pound or more from a 2x4, but just not sure. Some decent colas, but nothing noteworthy, unfortunately. Nothing falling over from too much weight. As Ive never grown plants of any kind, I should be happy they didnt die on me.

Thanks for putting up with this post! Plenty of photos attached, and may add more after harvest and trim.
Photos start from first day through a couple of days ago. As I flipped the switch on 6/4/23, were in day 60 of flower now.

First day
April24
April29
New grower in las vegas 4
New grower in las vegas 5
New grower in las vegas 6
New grower in las vegas 7
New grower in las vegas 8
New grower in las vegas 9
New grower in las vegas 10
New grower in las vegas 11
New grower in las vegas 12