New Grower, Is This A Deficiency?

• Thread starter cjburn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cjburn

Strain is Jack Herer , plants looked fine yesterday. I watered adding cal-mag , pHbalanced the water after . But I am not sure of the accuracy of the ph meter . It's a Hanna and I calibrated it when I received it .
When comparing pictures online , it looked like pH fluctuation problem? Any help would be appreciated.

New grower is this a deficiency
New grower is this a deficiency 2
New grower is this a deficiency 3
Harry munk

Harry munk

I would possible say yes ph-cal problem from what I have seen online but I am new to this also But from what I have seen normally looks like spots or patches of rust on your leafs so this could be the early stages and unless you have a high end ph reader I would not trust them

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think he's got bugulars goin' on. Nothing about that says Ca- to me. I've never had thrips, but that reminds me of the pix the seasoned guys say are thrips.

Got sticky cards and/or observations to go along with that?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i agree ^^^ get the scope out and look under the leafs,if its not bugs keep this in mind most defiences are started by something else,for instance if it was cal-mag issue,something else in your medium lacking or to much of something locked it,keep everything in balance,then when issue arrive you no which way to go with n p k

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

That's not bugs... Thripes leave white streaks that definitely looks like the start of an underfed plant to me or a ph problem or both... Flush and start over make sure your meter is calibrated, never mix raw nutrients and calmag always goes in first... Go feed that thing a full strength seed and come back in a week or so let us know how she's doing.

G gnome

G gnome

That's not bugs... Thripes leave white streaks that definitely looks like the start of an underfed plant to me or a ph problem or both... Flush and start over make sure your meter is calibrated, never mix raw nutrients and calmag always goes in first... Go feed that thing a full strength seed and come back in a week or so let us know how she's doing.
Agreed

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

It could just be the seed too some of them are just pieces of shit and there's nothing you can do sometimes. That's why it's usually better to find a clone of something that you know is a winner for sure and play with seeds on the side that way if you come across a bad one it doesn't matter cuz your just playing with it anyway you already got your bread and butter in the clone.

hiboy

hiboy

You only mentioned cal mag... What about base nutes...... Also some root nutes
Hb

R

rascali

I think he's got bugulars goin' on. Nothing about that says Ca- to me. I've never had thrips, but that reminds me of the pix the seasoned guys say are thrips.

Got sticky cards and/or observations to go along with that?

I'm of similar mind, except GM is correct in that thrips generally leave those glassy trails that show up quite nicely in reflected light. White fly's can leave similar damage in larval stages, that's going to be my guess. They're an easy target, a couple or three neem dips and you're done...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I really do not feel it's a deficiency, but like I said, I've never had thrips (or white flies). I've had root aphids, gah.

D

Duder

I tried several cheapo meters as backup, left the cap off my good meters I don’t know how many times, which usually ruins them. In my experience, the cheapos are usually garbage. Your better off going with the drops if your trying to save some money or as a back up.

Top Bottom