new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alexnewgrowr

everyone has their own opinions on on/off times.some people go 18/6 - 12/12 or 18/6 then 11/13 then 10/14 for the end of the flowering cycle.as a beginner you should keep it simple and use 12/12 and not tweak flowering times.you also have to consider height limitations.some varieties stretch 2-3x after flowering is induced
That 10/14 is interesting...has anybody grown with that cycle

drewski85

drewski85

I never have but know people that have.there's also a 11/13 cycle that I heard works good for sativa doms and 14/10.I've only used 12/12 during my short stint of indoor growing

Supergoo

Supergoo

That 10/14 is interesting...has anybody grown with that cycle

Stick with 12/12. Some people during the last week or so of flower will drop to 10on 14 off with lights but in my humble opinion it has 0 effect on the end product. 12/12 is what is accepted everywhere for a reason. If it aint broke dont fix it. As far as when to induce flowering, what height restrictions are you dealing with. When you induce flowering the plant will start to strecth like mad. Some plants double in height others can triple in height. So in a micro grow there is no real reason to let is veg any longer than 20 days or so.

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

Stick with 12/12. Some people during the last week or so of flower will drop to 10on 14 off with lights but in my humble opinion it has 0 effect on the end product. 12/12 is what is accepted everywhere for a reason. If it aint broke dont fix it. As far as when to induce flowering, what height restrictions are you dealing with. When you induce flowering the plant will start to strecth like mad. Some plants double in height others can triple in height. So in a micro grow there is no real reason to let is veg any longer than 20 days or so.

-SG

-SG
I can go to about 3 ft in length its around 1-2 ft long im not sure how deep.
Its been on for 15 hrs ill finish out tonights cycle and tomarrow at 730 wHen its lights out ill leave them off for 12 instead of 6 and 12/12 then on.

A

alexnewgrowr

Lets say metaphorically i missed one 12 hour on cycle what would happen?and should I turn it on when I get home or should I just let it finish up another dark cycle

A

alexnewgrowr

hey I'm back so I switched over to my 2700 Cfls and either I put on way too close to the plant or my light fell I don't know but something happened,when I got home i checked it out pretty much all the leaves are shriveled up so should I just scrap the whole thing and start all over I have many other seeds that I recently acquired I still have the plant the original plan under my lights and I'm trying to keep it going but what are your thoughts

A

alexnewgrowr

Will they grow back? And i know im back tracking but, i have 4x2700s how many more min. Should i have? (Elect. Bill is no prob) and i either have some really burnt tips or there coming out purple....oh and another big thing is now there are a bunch of clusters did it turn? some have hairs.
CAM00038

bigjay420

bigjay420

Alex. Dude. I'm in no way trying to be negative. I'm glad you wanna grow your own, and we're damn glad you chose the farm as your info source. This site is BY FAR the best place to come if you wanna cut the shit and grow like a pro. Welcome..!
That being said, it is VERY obvious you are not using the "search" function at the top left of your screen. I have been reading this and shaking my head in awe. A lot of cool people (u should cherish cannapits, cuz a lesser man woulda ducked out on you) have taken an interest in you, and that's awesome. Who you know is half the battle in this scene. But, you have to research, bro. Every question you've asked is CLEARLY covered in the forum. If you're asking about poking holes in cups and light cycles, you are NOT ready. You say you researched and then asked how to tell sex? Cmon man. Be real. Help us help you. These folks have real crops to tend to, and they're taking time away from that to help you. Respect that. The least you can do is lay the ground work. As recently as page 12, you're asking questions about when to flip and what "little clusters” mean, AFTER sexing was explained to you. It seems never ending. You will save yourself (and other farmers) a lot of time and worry by putting in the work.

This is a thread that may help you understand.

Again, I'm not trying to bring you down. We're glad you're here. But, a simple read of the forum rules and etiquette would have gone a long way.

Last edited:
A

alexnewgrowr

Yeah is cool ido all the research I do online never in this forum except for asking you guys questions and if I ask the same question over again its cuz I have a little problem second guessing myselfhow is actually doing alright I guess you could say but then this s*** happened with the lights and that just took me backthe reason I'm asking again about the clusters is because like I said I was doing alright I had something growing and then all the sudden this happen so what I'm really asking is if this is turned into a male I've been researching online trying to find what it looks like how you can tell and I can't find anything so thats why I revert back to this forum if you couldn't see that I haven't been on here for a minute so when I look online and I can't seem to find anything I revert to like I said this forum asking people that I could actually talk toso no worries I don't take it personal this is my first time and I'm learning so anything is help...so that being said what can you tell me about the plant

A

alexnewgrowr

and I think and hope that cannapits along with everyone else that has helped me along this journeyknows that I really appreciate everything that they've said so far

bigjay420

bigjay420

In noob terms..? Its a male and fucked. Sorry to be the bringer of terrible news. Hit the forums, do some research, and pop some more gear. Best wishes.
- Jay

Last edited:
A

alexnewgrowr

Yeah I figured as much...it was female i prob fucked with it to much the whole light shit didnt help...fuck i just feel like me doing this has been some sort of disrespect to all of you, i dont want to give up especially since I bought all those lights and s***But well see i guess.

bigjay420

bigjay420

Dont be discouraged, Alex.

Its not that you disrespected anyone... The forum just has etiquette that needs to be followed for everyone to get the optimal experience. Every new grower is guilty of exactly what you've done (myself included) on this forum. Your first grow is an emotional rollercoaster. You can obviously get a plant to grow. And that's more than half the folks who try can say. Just quit stressing, do some RESEARCH, and go again. You'll get it. Think about it. It's a fucking weed. It can grow out of the cracks in a sidewalk. Just let those gals be and don't love them to death. It's easy to do.

A

alexnewgrowr

Dont be discouraged, Alex.

Its not that you disrespected anyone... The forum just has etiquette that needs to be followed for everyone to get the optimal experience. Every new grower is guilty of exactly what you've done (myself included) on this forum. Your first grow is an emotional rollercoaster. You can obviously get a plant to grow. And that's more than half the folks who try can say. Just quit stressing, do some RESEARCH, and go again. You'll get it. Think about it. It's a fucking weed. It can grow out of the cracks in a sidewalk. Just let those gals be and don't love them to death. It's easy to do.
I know thats why im asking myself why i dont or cant follow the simple but not so simple formula like I said I have other seeds I think I even have automatic seeds that I got from someone who plants automatic so if they plant automatic can I get seethere automatic seeds right?

bigjay420

bigjay420

I know thats why im asking myself why i dont or cant follow the simple but not so simple formula like I said I have other seeds I think I even have automatic seeds that I got from someone who plants automatic so if they plant automatic can I get seethere automatic seeds right?
Wait. What?

With no punctuation or periods, I cant understand the question, man. Im a simple country boy. But I read the word "auto", so Ill give my thoughts. 99% of Autos are shit. Unstable. Unyielding. Unable to fight off any bad conditions. Basically unworthy of a new growers time. One day autoflower strains may be worth something. But that day is not now, or even soon. Crossing Indica and Sativa with Ruderalis is a relatively new thing. Bottom line... They just havent come near far enough to compare to Regular seeds. Leave them where you found them, cuz theyre not worth your time. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:
m8ty

m8ty

What happened to all the leaves? Did you take them off and smoke them? J/k :D

I suspect the air may be too dry in the small place, how's the humidity and temps in that grow space?

Dunge

Dunge

Don't know where to start, but over 2000 views makes you one compelling story teller.

What I see is a mismatch in time.
Plants are slow.
I took up cloning and worm farming to distract me from the slowness.

Now, what the hell happened to that plant?
Even you must admit, that thing is hilarious!
And those giant pollen pods!
Golden.

Take a good look.
Them pods is what you don't want.
Trash that thing NOW and get new seeds started.

Stop reporting color temps. That's a lighting design thing, and not your biggest problem.
Plants use light, and will drink the spectrum they want from what they get.

I'd like to see you start at least three new "regular" seeds.
Just put them in the dirt.
Leave the lights on all the time.
Don't over water.

We will not give up if you don't.
Come February 2015 we will be trying to stop you from harvesting too early.

Chin up. Back to work.

A

alexnewgrowr

Don't know where to start, but over 2000 views makes you one compelling story teller.

Plants are slow.

Golden.

Take a good look.

Stop reporting color temps. That's a lighting design thing, and not your biggest problem.

Don't over water.

Chin up. Back to work.
Yeah i

Plants are slow.

Golden.

Take a good look.

Don't over water.

Chin up. Back to work.
Yeah i knew it was gone but did't want to admit...so "do not" worry about the kelvin? Then i have 9 lights in total.

A

alexnewgrowr

Wait. What?

With no punctuation or periods, I cant understand the question, man. Im a simple country boy. But I read the word "auto", so Ill give my thoughts. 99% of Autos are shit. Unstable. Unyielding. Unable to fight off any bad conditions. Basically unworthy of a new growers time. One day autoflower strains may be worth something. But that day is not now, or even soon. Crossing Indica and Sativa with Ruderalis is a relatively new thing. Bottom line... They just havent come near far enough to compare to Regular seeds. Leave them where you found them, cuz theyre not worth your time. Not yet, anyway.
Sorry I had to voice record, but yeah that was my question.

Top Bottom