New grower looking for advice

• Thread starter Newgroweruk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newgroweruk

Hi I’m newgrower I’m looking for help I’m about to start growing soon witch I’ve never done before wondering what is the best medium to start with And what lights are the best and easiest to use for a beginner I’m looking to start with auto flowers any info and guidance on what to spend my money on would be appreciated
I currently have two plants already under 2 6000k bulbs Witch I don’t think will work out they’ve grown a bit but not much please help?! I’m looking to restart when I’ve ordered decent lights ect if It doesn’t start growing anymore... is there any type off medium I could use straight from the bag for the full grow? Without adding anything to it apart from nutrients
🍁🍁🍁🍁

P

Peetmoss

Hi I’m newgrower I’m looking for help I’m about to start growing soon witch I’ve never done before wondering what is the best medium to start with And what lights are the best and easiest to use for a beginner I’m looking to start with auto flowers any info and guidance on what to spend my money on would be appreciated
I currently have two plants already under 2 6000k bulbs Witch I don’t think will work out they’ve grown a bit but not much please help?! I’m looking to restart when I’ve ordered decent lights ect if It doesn’t start growing anymore... is there any type off medium I could use straight from the bag for the full grow? Without adding anything to it apart from nutrients
🍁🍁🍁🍁
'Mornin' Newgroweruk,
There are soils that have nutrients in them already and bound up in organic stuff that require chemical reactions to make them available to the plant without being in such concentrations as to be apt to kill our little beauties. Made sense to me and starting first indoor grow this year went to the hydroponics store and they recommend Farmer Joe's soil. Not sure if that is a local product, or widely available, that's why the long drawn out explanation. Soil is the easiest medium to grow in coir and hydroponics require more gadgets and more expertise.
Speaking for myself, the flourescant lights seemed to be the most affordable as they don't put out so much heat that you need a small gas turbine to exhaust it. The flourescants won't break records for yield but; should grow some nug.
What are you growing in now and have you been feeding them at all?
Nice to meet you
Peetmoss

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
🍁🍁🍁🍁
I use Promix or similar peat & perlite mix as do a lot of folks here. Its cheap & easy to use not your only option but I've been using it for 20+ years off and on and its all I need.

N

Newgroweruk

'Mornin' Newgroweruk,
There are soils that have nutrients in them already and bound up in organic stuff that require chemical reactions to make them
available to the plant without being in such concentrations as to be apt to kill our little beauties. Made sense to me and starting first indoor grow this year went to the hydroponics store and they recommend Farmer Joe's soil. Not sure if that is a local product, or widely available, that's why the long drawn out explanation. Soil is the easiest medium to grow in coir and hydroponics require more gadgets and more expertise.
Speaking for myself, the flourescant lights seemed to be the most affordable as they don't put out so much heat that you need a small gas turbine to exhaust it. The flourescants won't break records for yield but; should grow some nug.
What are you growing in now and have you been feeding them at all?
Nice to meet you
Peetmoss
I’m not really sure what I’m growing in now as I was given them about 3 week ago there is coco coir in their with some type off soil or something and it isn’t available near me unfortunately looking to find a decen medium that I could use all the way threw the froth without nutrients? And could I plant them in a 3-5 gallon pot for the entire growth or would I have to transplant as I’ve done this with my plants now and didn’t go very well but they have survived for now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

🍁🍁🍁🍁
The easiest are soil and HID lighting, good luck

Deke

Deke

Look for an organic soil. Not sure what's available in the UK. I'm using Fox Farm's soil this grow. Readily available here. Don't get soil with anything added!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom