New grower! Need help with first plant

• Thread starter NateRay88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NateRay88

NateRay88

Started this plant a bit late in the season. It’s an outdoor plant about two months old. It looks to have started flowering but it is very small. I know the flowering is induced by the change in amount of sunlight it gets as the seasons change. Its standing about a foot tall maybe a bit more than a foot. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how I am doing and if they had any advice to keep my girl happy! Sorry for the bad video! Let me know if anyone needs a better view. Had a whitefly problem as well but it is taken care of!
New grower need help with first plant
New grower need help with first plant 2

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

It is small for its age. The size of the container looks good, the leaf color / nutrition looks good, leaves aren't drooping like they need water. There aren't any obvious signs as to why it is the size it is, possibly the answer is simply genetics.

Does it get full sun or is it in an area where it gets shaded?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These marks are from Leaf miners, search how to deal with them
Screenshot 20201009 145900 Photo Editor

Looks a little pale might, might need some food, good luck

NateRay88

NateRay88

It is small for its age. The size of the container looks good, the leaf color / nutrition looks good, leaves aren't drooping like they need water. There aren't any obvious signs as to why it is the size it is, possibly the answer is simply genetics.

Does it get full sun or is it in an area where it gets shaded?
It has been in direct sun from about 10-2 then speckled sun under a tree during the rest of the day due to the recent heatwave in SoCal. Wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Now it is receiving direct sun all day.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

It has been in direct sun from about 10-2 then speckled sun under a tree during the rest of the day due to the recent heatwave in SoCal. Wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Now it is receiving direct sun all day.
Sounds like a smart plan to me. Sorry I'm not more of a help here.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Where I'm from, there is always music in the air.

NateRay88

NateRay88

Sounds like a smart plan to me. Sorry I'm not more of a help here.
No worries! I was just looking for any kind of feedback, so I appreciate your reply. Glad to know it’s healthy. I was just curious about the size, I think you’re right about the genetics. It was a random seed I found in some bud and got lucky enough for it to be a female.

Latest posts

Top Bottom