New grower need help with high humidity

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Hi so I'm working on my 1st grow and with a little help from a few people on this forum it is looking happy and healthy its a auto flower in its 1st week of flower and I'm having problems keeping the humidity down I have the ac infinity cloudline pro 4 system working hard a small dehumidifier and 2 fans going and I can't get the humidity below 65% so I'm hoping you guys may have some tricks or tips to get it lower?
GG4 auto (5 weeks since sprouting)
2x2x4 tent
AC infinity cloudline pro 4
3 gallon fabric pot with fox farm soil
2 Spiderfarmer 6" fans
Spiderfarmer sf1000 grow light

New grower need help with high humidity
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Hi so I'm working on my 1st grow and with a little help from a few people on this forum it is looking happy and healthy its a auto flower in its 1st week of flower and I'm having problems keeping the humidity down I have the ac infinity cloudline pro 4 system working hard a small dehumidifier and 2 fans going and I can't get the humidity below 65% so I'm hoping you guys may have some tricks or tips to get it lower?
GG4 auto (5 weeks since sprouting)
2x2x4 tent
AC infinity cloudline pro 4
3 gallon fabric pot with fox farm soil
2 Spiderfarmer 6" fans
Spiderfarmer sf1000 grow light
Just realized that's a older picture here is a more recent 1

Screenshot 20240516 084941
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Tent door is closed while I'm at work but I have the vents open and I do open the door every so often when I am home it's been raining and very humid here for the past week and even though outside temps are in the 60s I turned the AC up in the grow room (set at 65 degrees) and that seems to help a little bit but I don't have a heater to raise the temps in the tent but I guess I should look into getting 1? I think once it gets hotter outside and my ac runs more often I should be able to control the humidity a little better 🤷😁 I appreciate the help!

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

whats the humidity in your house, if its lower than your tent open the ten door at top about 20 to 30in so it flops over to let wet air out & dry air in, thats what i do, i keep my tent humidity between 45 to 55%, also what temp is in your house, u have a heater to heat your house, thats how i regulated my tent temps when it was cold out, just my 2 cents...

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

whats the humidity in your house, if its lower than your tent open the ten door at top about 20 to 30in so it flops over to let wet air out & dry air in, thats what i do, i keep my tent humidity between 45 to 55%, also what temp is in your house, u have a heater to heat your house, thats how i regulated my tent temps when it was cold out, just my 2 cents...
It's been rainy and damp and below average temps like low 60s so its to cold for the central AC to kick on and to warm to put the heat on so even opening the tent is only getting the humidity down to about 62-63% I'm pretty sure when it warms up a little outside and the ac is on all the time in the next week or so and i should be able to manage it a little better but I'm trying to see what to do til then? Like someone said a box of baking soda in there would help someone else told me a open bag of perlite which I'm actually trying but doesn't seem to be doing much so I just been keeping all fans on at all times and opening up every vent

PXL 20240516 232833445MP
I

imgrowing

my A/C has a humidity only setting. i can lower it without cooling the house.
check if yours does.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

A VPD around 1.0 is really not alarming for a vegetative plant that size/age; that's the VPD I run my own plants at in veg. As you said yourself, happy and healthy.

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

A VPD around 1.0 is really not alarming for a vegetative plant that size/age; that's the VPD I run my own plants at in veg. As you said yourself, happy and healthy.
Yeah I have been keeping the vpd between .80 & 1.2 this is the current readings with the top of the tent slightly open

Screenshot 20240517 090208
Top Bottom