New Grower Needs Help Please

• Thread starter Kay93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kay93

So I started growing since I have my medical license. Both plants are from fire strains from my dispensary. The bigger one is Fire og and the baby is a hybrid I think Cabbage patch. The baby is about 1-2 weeks old. The older plant is maybe less than 2 months.I've been ph my water and nutrient. Also got a new light the Mars hydro 600w . The nutrients I've used are the veg and bloom dirty. Ive been mixing 1/2 teaspoon to half a gallon of water is this too much or too little of nutrients?The soil is a farm fox soil.Any tips will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! Unfortunately she is dropping and I don't know why. HELP ME PLEASSSEE

New grower needs help please
New grower needs help please 2
New grower needs help please 3
W

wily

hello, my first guess, judging from the accordianed and drooping leaves is that you've overwatered. you want your soil just damp, not saturated. it should recover but youll get root rot if it becomes a regular thing, the nutrients, what brand are they? also, the ff soil your using does it have nutes added to it already? if so you probably want to be carefull about using additional nutes for awhile.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I started growing since I have my medical license. Both plants are from fire strains from my dispensary. The bigger one is Fire og and the baby is a hybrid I think Cabbage patch. The baby is about 1-2 weeks old. The older plant is maybe less than 2 months.I've been ph my water and nutrient. Also got a new light the Mars hydro 600w . The nutrients I've used are the veg and bloom dirty. Ive been mixing 1/2 teaspoon to half a gallon of water is this too much or too little of nutrients?The soil is a farm fox soil.Any tips will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! Unfortunately she is dropping and I don't know why. HELP ME PLEASSSEE
That is some pretty dark growth on the bottom leaves... She might be a little hot in the N department... I dont know nothing about that nutrient.

K

Kay93

Thanks for the responses. I've added the pics of the soil and nutrients used. I try not to overwater I think I freaked out thinking I wasn't watering enough because they where drooping . But I usually feel the top layer or pick it up if it's light then I water it . Thanks for dropping knowledge if there's anything yall recommend let me know.

1488699073446 1171666121
W

wily

ya that dirty is a new one for me too, never seen it, but I believe your ff soil has base nutes in it already and as was remarked, your bottom leaves look pretty dark so maybe a bit much nitrogen. I would hold off on any fertilizer for now and as far as the drooping, they will droop when either too wet or too dry but your method of picking up the pot to heft the weight is a good thing. If the leaves crinkle a bit accordion style as well as droop, its usually too much water. hang in there, it looks pretty good and should snap right back. btw, what is cabbage patch consist of, that's new to me also

Polar510

Polar510

Hi Kay,
I have grown with the Mars 600 and from My experience with it I would say its way to much light(right now).
I would pull them out from under the 600 led asap and put them under a t5 to recover for a while until they get strong enough to handle the LED. Then put them under it with a space of about 22'-24" inches and lower it over course of a week or 2 as the plant matures and is able to accept that amount of light.
Here's a picture of a little veg area I setup for clones and small seedlings with a 2ft t5 and a shelf I found.

IMG 0218
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That 600 is fine... It's not even a real led. Chinese knock off...
I've started seedlings under 1k mh... waste of money yes, but not gonna hurt nothing. Do keep it all the way up tho. Like 4 foot...

A listen to What @GT21 said because that's your problem. You fed to much and to quick. Don't listen to the instructions on the back. Use meter to set ec when time comes. Actually your soil right?
Better ask one of these guys to explain making teas and such... your grow will explode and you be really excited.
@rmoltis could u give him some advice on soil brother? Teas and such... Thanks bro...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hi Kay,
I have grown with the Mars 600 and from My experience with it I would say its way to much light(right now).
I would pull them out from under the 600 led asap and put them under a t5 to recover for a while until they get strong enough to handle the LED. Then put them under it with a space of about 22'-24" inches and lower it over course of a week or 2 as the plant matures and is able to accept that amount of light.
Here's a picture of a little veg area I setup for clones and small seedlings with a 2ft t5 and a shelf I found.
Looks good. My kinda plants! Not all bunched up but spread out. Good job!

K

Kay93

ya that dirty is a new one for me too, never seen it, but I believe your ff soil has base nutes in it already and as was remarked, your bottom leaves look pretty dark so maybe a bit much nitrogen. I would hold off on any fertilizer for now and as far as the drooping, they will droop when either too wet or too dry but your method of picking up the pot to heft the weight is a good thing. If the leaves crinkle a bit accordion style as well as droop, its usually too much water. hang in there, it looks pretty good and should snap right back. btw, what is cabbage patch consist of, that's new to me also

The Cabbage patch is a hybrid of Durban Poison and Cherry Pie. It was amazing!

W

wily

That does sound amazing, thank you kay. Hope your youngster is doing better, she should be fine if you just refrain from any fertilizer at all for now, just water when needed, and let her get somewhat dry before watering again at which time you only want the soil moist or damp. keep up with the hefting of the pot routine, its a good practice.

K

Kay93

Thanks you guys for the advice I let the plants dry down a bit and gave them plain water theyou are doing good . I ordered trellises but they haven't come in yet.

1489087116525 1242502853
W

wily

Hi Kay, nevermind the cal mag, you don't have any visible deficiencies, and the last thing you wanna do is add more nutrients of any kind at this point, let alone a specific one. Just stay with the water as needed routine for now. They look good kay!

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Thanks you guys for the advice I let the plants dry down a bit and gave them plain water theyou are doing good . I ordered trellises but they haven't come in yet.
You shouldn't give plants plain water it cause reverse osmosis in the roots pulling nutrients out of the plant sort of like if humans drink distilled water. I would use 1/4 strength. Calmag isn't necessary unless you are using reverse osmosis or other highly filtered water.

W

wily

hi kay, nevermind the quarter strength as well. After two weeks with just water you may then give your plant (not the seedling) nutrients as suggested by the manufacturer of your dirty nutes if and only if your fox farm soil mix is not already fortified with nutrients. Look on the back of the bag to see what it lists, some of them are fortified with most everything you will need for the life of the plant except for extra flowering nutrients and bud boosters and such. :)

Top Bottom