New Grower Needs Help Please

• Thread starter Kay93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wily

oh and the tea, the teas range from very simple such as soaking manures ect in water for a bit, to a regular project where you keep living organisms alive in the solution using aquarium bubblers and such. There are many many recipes including some on this site. they are used quite a bit by organic growers. I don't use the teas or I would gladly give you a recipe. They are amazing things though and very usefull. And please, no cal mag!

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

I didnt read every post so sorry if this is repeat but those pots suck brother.that is probably main problem.roots need oxygen.how many holes r in the bottom of that?and guestimate the diameter if there are any.nice big holes for drainage r a must

fatawa

fatawa

No holes will lead to no drainage,which leads to overwatering,which leads to over feeding,which leads to deficiencies...start with good pots

W

wily

uh.. ya...I don't think that pot design is gonna worry the execs at air pot headquarters much. Speaking of air pot, they are so crazy expensive I thought that by now there would be a bunch of economical copies out there, but im not aware of any. ive been waiting

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So shoot some pics and I will get back to by tonight. Don't add nothing more until we see where we are at. At the moment no calimag is needed that I see.

Polar510

Polar510

Don't need it. I've never given my plants cal mag till there transplanted to a larger pot and are 1-2 feet tall never had any issues. Just trying to save the fellow a few bucks.
Don't need it. I've never given my plants cal mag till there transplanted to a larger pot and are 1-2 feet tall never had any issues. Just trying to save the fellow a few bucks.
I have grown with and without calmag. I noticed the main stems can get purple stripes going in to flower if I dont start calmag early(1/2 strength) but My water comes out of the faucet very clean at 45ppm so maybe thats the difference... If I could get by NOT using it I wouldnt either.

K

Kay93

What kind of pots do yall recommend? I have holes on the bottom of both .I'm going to get new pots because there out growing them. Also ordered trellises they haven't come in yet. But should I start to give them nutrients again.

iKharon

iKharon

I'm in fabrics in happy frog.. not near as hot as OF but good sustainable soil.. don't get caught up in feed schedules, nute world, etc.. you can veg almost all the way in happy frog, water only. Just boost them in flower a bit. And at GT21, I just water at 6.4, but that's my magic number lol.. because my natural snow fall is a 6.4, keeping it simple, you know how I do

W

wily

Hello Kay, The girls look really good! Thick stalks, bushy, and happy. As for whether to start feeding nutes again, you first have to determine whether or not your fox farm soil mix is nutrient amended or not. Look on the bag somewhere, probably the back and see if there is a listing of the amounts of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium added along with possibly some micronutrients as well. If that's the case, they are in there already, and dissolve some each time you water thereby self feeding. If there is nothing in your mix then yes you can start adding nutes in a week, but start at half strength and thereafter just follow the directions for using your dirty nutes. By the way the 2 most common newbie mistakes are overfeeding and overwatering so be watchfull of both. In regards to new pots, the cloth pots are cheap, they fold and store easy, breathe well and come in many sizes. they would be a good choice but pretty much anything with holes in the bottom is fine, so don't stress out about choosing pots. I myself have been seeing amazing results with air pots and are going to give them a try soon. they are quite expensive though. Again your girls look really well so you've done a lot right for them to be that healthy and happy. Ikarons comments above may be ideal info for you, Is your fox farm soil happy frog like his? if so, hes got it down already it seems. just copy ikaron for awhile

Top Bottom