New Grower Needs YOUR help....

• Thread starter DE-THC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DE-THC

Yo everyone whats good

Im a generally a new grower ive grown some lil plants here and their in the back woods behind my house, nothing seirous but i wanna get started on some bigger "beauties" and maybe even build a grow room. I want to learn some info on different ferts and nutes as well as different techniques in general. So if you all could lend me a hand and just tell me your different styles of growing it be a great help
thanks
DE-THC a.k.a. Blunt Brothers

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd go with a small soil based grow to start. Plan on buying a 250 + watt HPS light and finding a spot, or build one, that you can keep absolutely dark for 12 hours a day if you wanna flower indoors. Closets and large cabinets are most popular.

There's lots of folks doing grows and posting their progress on this forum. Search around.

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
DE-THC ,

What kind of space and $$$ are you working with? I think the amount of space you have for a grow room should factor into how large you go with your light. If you get a 250 or 400 and have the space for a 600 or 1000, you'll wish you went with the larger light in the end. (In my humble opinion, of course)

I had the room and started with a 1000 watter and I'm glad I did. My first grow was in organic soil. I used Tick's super soil recipe and grew some organic dank! The hardest part was mixing the soil in the beginning. After that, all I did was water every few days. Easy as pie!!

Next I tried recirculating DWC buckets. This provided some of the fastest and most amazing growth I've seen. But you have to stay on top of the rez temps or you'll get hit with root rot. I got tired of putting frozen water bottles in my rez, and didn't want to spend the coin on a chiller. I also didn't have enough juice running to the room to run all those electrical items and wasn't willing to get an electrician to run more amps to the room. While I had two great grows in DWC, my room wasn't the best for changing out the rez and checking airstones every few days. It was too much of a pain in the ass...too much work for me (I know...I'm a lazy bastard :evilgrin).

I've tried LC's soilless mix and fed with liquid ferts with organic guano teas...the liquid ferts worked well and grew some nice plants but just wasn’t my cup of tea. The organic guano teas were just too much work for this mofo,,,lol!

And now, I'm doing coco drain to waste. With my drip manifold (thanks to PICO), after the first three weeks of flower, I just sit back and watch the ladies. I usually top off the rez every 5-6 days. I've also ran coco and hand fed. Depending on the number of plants and the amount of time you have on your hand, that’s not too bad either.

So, depending the style of growing you’re interested in, there a wide range of options

This hobby can get expensive if you are like me, and have to sample a few before settling on something you prefer. I'm really diggin' the coco DTW so hopefully I'm done buying equipment!! :headbang

Good luck with your choice!!

Grow Safe

SDC

D

DE-THC

Thanks

The Room in which im thinking about building in is a pretty decent sized walk in closest
Altough im probly only gonna start small a few beauties here and their
But i am deffinately going to look into your seggestions
hopefully ill have this bitch up and running soon
any other info yah'll wanna give out is greatly appreciate cause like you cujo
i to am a lazy bastard :D

G

Guano

A very general rule of thumb is that your garden needs 50 watts of HID lighting per square foot of illuminated area. This rule ignores the shape of your garden, so the following is really a better guide:

A 250 watt HID will illuminate a 2' x 2' garden.
A 400 watt HID will illuminate a 3' x 3' garden.
A 600 watt HID will illuminate a 3.5' x 3.5' garden.
A 1000 watt HID will illuminate a 4' x 4' garden.

D

DE-THC

damn
didnt know paying attention in math class would help with growing ganja:D

P

poutpup07

yeah man

your on your way man........theres been some good chime ins here....if you use a big walk in closet which is what i just used for my last one .....well actually what kinda lights are you thinking about? i would recommend 600 watters for your applications and make sure you get remote ballasts wether they are digital or not is up to you....but if this is your first grow indoors you may want to start smaller and work your way up from there.....if you think you can tackle a largeer operation like a walk in closet then jump on in......i would start with soil and some kind of easy to use nutrient like general hydroponics or advanced nutrients some of the other guys are more into the more organic growing which is rewarding also theree is soooo much to think about sopme more input from you would be more nice....like what are your expectations? do you have seeds? if not what do you intend to get? good bagseed or you gonna buy em? sorry to throw all this stuff at ya...i just started thinking about starting a grow from the ground up and theres still alot more.....
peace
pup

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

I would go with a soil grow first myself as well. General rule of thumb is you need 2000 lumens a square foot for minimum growth while 7000+ lumens a square foot for optimum growth. Remember light intensity diminishes exponentially each foot, so take that into consideration when getting the proper lights for your space.
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

D

drpressure600

600 hps all the way . .

hps all the way

it is indeed frosty, hps all the way, it's also 600w all the way 2, providing you have a 1.5meter square space, i would also stick with the coco, great stuff all round, reusable, no nutes in it when bought, soft to work with . .

Top Bottom