New Grower New Grow

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hello Fellow farmers I am completely new to the hobby I have done a ton of reading these are some of the choices i have mae thus far. This is my first grow so I wanted to choose seeds from a good company. I choose Querkle from TGA Subcool. I had 9 of my 9 seeds pop and spout into nice plants ( I traded the last seed and my freebies to a friend for some nice little Flo clones.
I am about 17 days into my 12/12 flowering. I started under 600 watt HPS and 600 watt MH bulb. I have Ac for temp control and in a mostly sealed environment I use dry ice to increase my co2 levels ( this seems to work as you get quite light headed if you hang out with the plants more than 5-10 mins) with my ventilation fan ( for cooling my light hoods) running 15 mins on and 30 mins off.
I choose to grow as organically as I am able I understand it is harder to mess things up in a soil or coco soil mix I choose Roots Organic mix I have also selected my nutrients from the same company. I started from 9 seeds Vegged for about 4 weeks after my 5th node came up.
Tragedy struck about 7 days into flower and 6 of my 9 plants turned out to be males. When I killed the boys I turned off one of my lights with only 3 plants I couldn't see running both 600 watt lamps so now i have just one 600 hps running. I am thinking of turning the second light back on next week to help increase the yield from the 3 girls I do have. I will attach photos from a day or two ago of the girls currently.
I would love tons of feed back and will keep this post going if i get good feed back and support.

New grower new grow
New grower new grow 2
New grower new grow 3
New grower new grow 4
New grower new grow 5
New grower new grow 6
New grower new grow 7
New grower new grow 8
Og420

Og420

those are some healthy looking girl's you got there
shame about all the boys, but it could have been worse, 9 boys would have sucked big time.

keep up the good work.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

those are some healthy looking girl's you got there
shame about all the boys, but it could have been worse, 9 boys would have sucked big time.

keep up the good work.

Shhhhh Dont say that I have a new batch of beans comming. Check out my grow log here

W

WildCajun

I would turn that light back on the "Girls" look healthy enuff to handle it How large are those pots hope they are not to small.Happy Farming,Cajun

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
nice

its good to see a farmer that has done their research....very nice for first grow......yeah with that other 600 can you hang it vert.? if you can put them girls in a circle and drop that 600 in the middle you will cut down on popcorn and larf buds (make sure that the 600 is atleast half way down the plants to light the bottom of the plant):hi

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

its good to see a farmer that has done their research....very nice for first grow......yeah with that other 600 can you hang it vert.? if you can put them girls in a circle and drop that 600 in the middle you will cut down on popcorn and larf buds (make sure that the 600 is atleast half way down the plants to light the bottom of the plant):hi

thanks bro if you wanna check out the updates you can view my whole grow in my grow journal. That would have been a great idea however progression took me past the usefulness of it

J

JCashman

very very nice first grow imo, looks better organized than my first grow :P

and dont hate on the males, they need lovin too ya know ;)

C

cannadabiss

first grow

I thought ur post of ur first grow had some nice plants too bad only 3 were females, how do you find dry ice works compaired to like a co2 tank any opinions?

L

LydiaZou

nice, why the lights is yellow
the color of led is yellow?

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Lookin Good Dr. D . I been following yer progress on yer other thread ,,,

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

nice, why the lights is yellow
the color of led is yellow?

Its yellow because the warm spectrum created by HPS causes this coloring when your dumb and don't know how to white balance your camera. Live an learn

I thought ur post of ur first grow had some nice plants too bad only 3 were females, how do you find dry ice works compaired to like a co2 tank any opinions?

I found Dry to be very effective as a CO2 supplement what I didnt find was it to be as cost effective as I hoped it would be. It also caused CO2 burn one time when I purchased a chunk to large

Latest posts

Top Bottom