New grower, please give me your suggestions!

• Thread starter Terpicanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpicanna

Terpicanna

Hi everyone, I’m a new grower and my baby is just starting to pick up on her growth. I’ve noticed a little bit of yellow happening in the middle of her. Is this anything to worry about or am I just being a helicopter parent? She was planted on 3/20 and fully sprouted about 4/5 days later.

I’m using the Pot for Pot .5 gal system which is a super soil on the bottom, coco coir on top, and she was planted in a jiffy cube which is planted within the coir.

Terpicanna

Terpicanna

1588D795 766C 417B BE7D 90A3FB4619C3

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

My advice would be to not mix soil and coco, you have two different ec's, two different rates of drying/moisture retention, different ph. On top of that, coco strips nutrients so it needs daily feeding. That's going to cause issues with the soil part. Personally I would start over but maybe someone here has had success with something similar.

Terpicanna

Terpicanna

My advice would be to not mix soil and coco, you have two different ec's, two different rates of drying/moisture retention, different ph. On top of that, coco strips nutrients so it needs daily feeding. That's going to cause issues with the soil part. Personally I would start over but maybe someone here has had success with something similar.
Definitely makes sense! I found this Pot for Pot system online awhile back and thought it was neat to at least try it out. Going forward I plan to use just a soil medium.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Just let it grow, you can't really diagnose anything at that early stage, it's still mainly living on the lunchbox that came inside the seed, I would stick a humidity dome on it for a few days.

N00BGR0WER

N00BGR0WER

ive seen a few of my seedlings do it. they were fine.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

well, its like this:

what is the main reason for production and what are the goals?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

One of the worst things you can do is stare at your seedlings and think of ways you can "help." Don't over-water (ever) and don't feed it for the first week.
I dont think you read his post, he's in coco so the coco should be staying 80-90% saturated, it should not be drying out. Seedling hasn't reached the soil yet

Latest posts

Top Bottom