New grower please help me out!

• Thread starter Mrp164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I wasn't bothered, I just appreciate all the information coming in and was trying to stop an argument before it started. First time on this site, not really sure how childish the community can be yet, just covering my bases lol. No harm no foul I appreciate you saying it doesn't look like septoria, as I researched and completely agree. On a second thought, I am about to move to a 3 gal cloth pot with some new "super soil". Do you recommend me adding any nutrients when I plant or just water it?
Super soil i have no exp with. Ive heard its a just add water thing. Organics shouldnt have runoff either.

Some will argue...i thought it needed it...nope...plants looked better with little to no runoff...

Once in a while you might see an argument on here where things get way off topic.

When you post you need to give more info. @Mr.GreenthumbOG is right he/we need more info bud...

Oh, posting soil ?'s in the organic section will help a lot.

Mrp164

Mrp164

Super soil i have no exp with. Ive heard its a just add water thing. Organics shouldnt have runoff either.

Some will argue...i thought it needed it...nope...plants looked better with little to no runoff...

Once in a while you might see an argument on here where things get way off topic.

When you post you need to give more info. @Mr.GreenthumbOG is right he/we need more info bud...

Oh, posting soil ?'s in the organic section will help a lot.
Sorry I just got this 2 days ago, all my stuff to test soil and ph is arriving in the mail today or I would have posted more information. That and I literally know nothing about growing. Trying to learn best I can but there is quite a bit of information overload on Google.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Sorry I just got this 2 days ago, all my stuff to test soil and ph is arriving in the mail today or I would have posted more information. That and I literally know nothing about growing. Trying to learn best I can but there is quite a bit of information overload on Google.
Keep things simple..most on here are knowledgeable and willing to help. No worries!

Get back with those number so folks can help

Mrp164

Mrp164

Keep things simple..most on here are knowledgeable and willing to help. No worries!

Get back with those number so folks can help
I'll run some tests when I get home tonight. Hopefully everything shows up today. Thanks all

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I wasn't bothered, I just appreciate all the information coming in and was trying to stop an argument before it started. First time on this site, not really sure how childish the community can be yet, just covering my bases lol. No harm no foul I appreciate you saying it doesn't look like septoria, as I researched and completely agree. On a second thought, I am about to move to a 3 gal cloth pot with some new "super soil". Do you recommend me adding any nutrients when I plant or just water it?

Just water!

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

lol. get the godamm golf shoes, absolutely no footing in this muck!!!!!
this is the soils growers line up;

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

and pic of the whole plant would help a lot. if its a tiny random spot on one leaf that kudos on your attention to detail and dont worry.....

Mrp164

Mrp164

lol. get the godamm golf shoes, absolutely no footing in this muck!!!!!
this is the soils growers line up;

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

and pic of the whole plant would help a lot. if its a tiny random spot on one leaf that kudos on your attention to detail and dont worry.....

1. Seed
2. I was told 12 weeks (just got it from someone 2 days ago)
3. 6 inches tall
4. It was in a small 6 inch, I just moved it to a 3gal cloth
5. Strawberry fields fruiting and flowering
6. Only had it 2 days. I use spring water what do you recommend?
7. Ph was around 7.3 still waiting on pH up/down in mail
8.Havent added fert yet but I just purchased fox farms big bloom, buds and bloom, and grow big, along with cal mag plus. That's what I was recommended to get.
9. I do not.
10. I have a 1000 watt led light
11. It was 3 feet above, now about 4 feet, not sure what is best
12. Maybe 9 Sq ft
13. Temp is between 63 and 74 through its night/day mode
Humidity stays between 40 to 50
14.ph of soil is 7.5
15. No insects
16. I have ZERO experience so any info is greatly appreciated.

This poor thing really isn't looking good. It's super droopy now.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

I would invest in some kind of water filtration, and start using water from your house.

Store bought bottled spring water can be detrimental to plant health depending on how it is processed, and water from an actual spring might have any amount of unknown minerals in it from the ground, unless you have it tested.

Mrp164

Mrp164

I want say the plant is striping itself of elements to exudate into the soil so the ph changes where it wants it to be... just an idea!
I would invest in some kind of water filtration, and start using water from your house.

Store bought bottled spring water can be detrimental to plant health depending on how it is processed, and water from an actual spring might have any amount of unknown minerals in it from the ground, unless you have it tested.
I was told not to because I have well water. What are your thoughts?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

1. Seed
3. 6 inches tall
8.Havent added fert yet but I just purchased fox farms big bloom, buds and bloom, and grow big, along with cal mag plus. That's what I was recommended to get.
9. I do not.
12. Maybe 9 Sq ft
14.ph of soil is 7.5
15. No insects

Thats not as bad as you think. Just give it time

What did the roots look like when you transplanted?

Mrp164

Mrp164

Thats not as bad as you think. Just give it time

What did the roots look like when you transplanted?
I don't want want lie, I didn't look. I was just trying to get it done nice and quickly.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

If the problem you are having is being caused by the water you are giving them, I would switch asap. I don't really know if that's the case however.

Madbud

Madbud

1. Seed
3. 6 inches tall
9. I do not.
12. Maybe 9 Sq ft
14.ph of soil is 7.5
15. No insects

The thing to eliminate is the watering issue. If it feels like a sack of feathers it needs water and will come back immediately. If it feels heavy let it dry a couple days. Getting the wet dry cycle down is critical, the roots need air too.

Mrp164

Mrp164

The thing to eliminate is the watering issue. If it feels like a sack of feathers it needs water and will come back immediately. If it feels heavy let it dry a couple days. Getting the wet dry cycle down is critical, the roots need air too.
I'll have to check on it in the morning, it just went to bed a little bit ago.

Top Bottom