New grower please help me out!

• Thread starter Mrp164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ppm is 293
Ph just tested at 7.6 actually.. maybe the problem?
I think you woukd have to use that water for 2 weeks before you wouod start to see the ph drift. My guess its only a guess is 3 weeks of that water(depending its contents) would drift the ph up kind of dramaticly.

We want our caco3 to be in the 80 to 120 where 80 to 100 is ideal.

293 is high mine is 450 360 caco3 is alkalinity.

Alkalinity is how well a substrate or liquid buffers acids.

Ill get you a link

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I'll have to check on it in the morning, it just went to bed a little bit ago.
In organic soil we dont want the pot to get dry like a sack of feathers. No im finding out myself that moisture is good just not a bunch..dry i think is bad unless stressing towards the end of flowering.

This is what most soil guys on here are saying....

if you could locate a scale big enough to put that pot on or any bigger pots you may purchase in the future, would be great. Going by wieght on scale and in hands and getting the feel of that would be better for learning....

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hey guy! Look a read into alkalinity and ph and how they relate?/interact? Very good info!

Last edited:
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

In organic soil we dont want the pot to get dry like a sack of feathers. No im finding out myself that moisture is good just not a bunch..dry i think is bad unless stressing towards the end of flowering.

This is what most soil guys on here are saying....

if you could locate a scale big enough to put that pot on or any bigger pots you may purchase in the future, would be great. Going by wieght on scale and in hands and getting the feel of that would be better for learning....

The scale thing is a fantastic idea, OP take note. Weighing your plants is one of the more accurate ways to measure moisture content, and if you pay close attention while doing this you will develop a good sense of when and how much to water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have to say the last pic looks like underwatering... im not sure if it was overwatering before that and very well could be.

I agree with everyone helping you... 100% root problem I have seen this from PH, root pests and chronic underwatering (which I don't think is the case.

The reason I say it looks like underwatering is because the petiole are also drooping and that's not usually the case with over watering. Possible you went from one extreme to the other?

Definitely inspect the soil... very closely with a scope if ya have is all I have to add. These guys got ya covered.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you just moved the plant from your friends to your house? how different are the conditions?

youve only had it 3 days, maybe its not what youre doing, but what was done.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Have to say the last pic looks like underwatering... im not sure if it was overwatering before that and very well could be.

I agree with everyone helping you... 100% root problem I have seen this from PH, root pests and chronic underwatering (which I don't think is the case.

The reason I say it looks like underwatering is because the petiole are also drooping and that's not usually the case with over watering. Possible you went from one extreme to the other?

Definitely inspect the soil... very closely with a scope if ya have is all I have to add. These guys got ya covered.

I agree I think he is underwatering now they look thirsty

Mrp164

Mrp164

I've only had it a short few days. I tried to mimmick his growing environment best I could. I will try the scale idea. I'm not sure how I could over water one day, then underwater not one day later.

Mrp164

Mrp164

The leaves are very fragile. I would say there is no water in there?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just leave her be, she’s been overwatered, let it dry more before watering. suffocating her.
she’s going through transplant shock and a change in environment,
all while the roots are trying to get growing,
dial in the environment,
don’t over mother her, leave her alone, just watch for changes good or bad..
not much may happen for a few days as she adjusts..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I've only had it a short few days. I tried to mimmick his growing environment best I could. I will try the scale idea. I'm not sure how I could over water one day, then underwater not one day later.
you watered two days in a row?

Mrp164

Mrp164

you watered two days in a row?
Nope, haven't watered since yesterday and none before that. What's better water with to high ph or no water at all. These are currently my options until my ph updown comes in

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
when you transplanted was it dry or wet?
did it fall apart while transplanting?

Mrp164

Mrp164

A small amount of soil stayed attacked to roots but I didn't think it was to wet in my opinion. I just got a soil probe. First pic is ph second is moisture

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Nope, haven't watered since yesterday and none before that. What's better water with to high ph or no water at all. These are currently my options until my ph updown comes in
Ph should be between 6 and 7 in my opinion for soil. You can get locked out above and below that. Next time you water check run off ph and please use the lift the pot method for soil. The scale and everything is good for extra measures but if it feels light water and then pick the pot up again when you water to get a feel for how heavy it should be and water to some run off. To me by looking at it the plants are pointing to the roots or soil or floor. I would raise em off the ground if your floor is cold and keep an eye on new growth. And check the mediums ph. I grow for the most part in coco and perlite 70-30 but I hydrate and mix my coco myself. Also I’ve done bottled and organic nutes and I’ve had problems before with not checking my root ph and I was showing deficiencies with a high ph or 7.6. I fixed at by watering at 6.0 and watering with it until my root ph is back in range.

Mrp164

Mrp164

Ph should be between 6 and 7 in my opinion for soil. You can get locked out above and below that. Next time you water check run off ph and please use the lift the pot method for soil. The scale and everything is good for extra measures but if it feels light water and then pick the pot up again when you water to get a feel for how heavy it should be and water to some run off. To me by looking at it the plants are pointing to the roots or soil or floor. I would raise em off the ground if your floor is cold and keep an eye on new growth. And check the mediums ph. I grow for the most part in coco and perlite 70-30 but I hydrate and mix my coco myself. Also I’ve done bottled and organic nutes and I’ve had problems before with not checking my root ph and I was showing deficiencies with a high ph or 7.6. I fixed at by watering at 6.0 and watering with it until my root ph is back in range.
I was told not to water until runoff because it is so small, what do you think?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
get rid of that meter..
you have to learn by weight and the way the plant reacts.,
just leave her alone, don’t water to run off, she’s way too small and your environment isn’t very warm, it would take way too long to dry out..
almost every issue with growing starts with bad watering practices and over mothering..
maybe aim a fan at the bag to help.

Mrp164

Mrp164

get rid of that meter..
you have to learn by weight and the way the plant reacts.,
just leave her alone, don’t water to run off, she’s way too small and your environment isn’t very warm, it would take way too long to dry out..
almost every issue with growing starts with bad watering practices and over mothering..
maybe aim a fan at the bag to help.
I'll move my fan down to blow on the pot. What is wrong with my meter? I have about 3 days experience now so need all the technology I can get really I have no clue what I'm doing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'll move my fan down to blow on the pot. What is wrong with my meter? I have about 3 days experience now so need all the technology I can get really I have no clue what I'm doing.
ok don’t worry about not knowing what to do, that’s not the attitude to have. your willingness to learn i feel is there!
as with learning comes failure, expect it..
the meters are unreliable..
personally any equipment i buy for growing i try to not go cheap, especially if this is a hobby you want to continue..
ok so moving the fan towards to bag should show some sort of positive results within 24 hrs as it would be helping the roots get oxygen and dry it out a bit. it also doesn’t cause any bad stress to her, raising your lights doesn’t cause bad stress. you start with no/low stress fixes first.

Mrp164

Mrp164

ok don’t worry about not knowing what to do, that’s not the attitude to have. your willingness to learn i feel is there!
as with learning comes failure, expect it..
the meters are unreliable..
personally any equipment i buy for growing i try to not go cheap, especially if this is a hobby you want to continue..
ok so moving the fan towards to bag should show some sort of positive results within 24 hrs as it would be helping the roots get oxygen and dry it out a bit. it also doesn’t cause any bad stress to her, raising your lights doesn’t cause bad stress. you start with no/low stress fixes first.
Awesome thank you, lights are currently hanging 4 feet above the top of plant, is that pretty good?

Top Bottom