New grower please help me out!

• Thread starter Mrp164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miiikke

Miiikke

Anybody know what the cause of this is?
Anybody know what the cause of this is?
This may help you. I overwatered alot on my first grow, everyone probably does lol. I had to learn this the hard way with soil with leaf problems like you have which effect the plant cause its not feeling its best which effects everything, but when they say let the first 2” (up to your first knuckle) get bone dry, they mean bone dry. That is a perfect indicator for when its time to water again. Water just until runoff and then let the first 2” dry ALL the way out. If not you will suffocate your plant and you will vet fungus gnats which will be hundreds. They lay eggs in the top 2” if its constantly moist. They take over and eat up your plant. I have mini fans which I point right at the soil to keep it constantly drying and free of fungus and soon as its COMPLETELY dry, I water again. Hole this helps

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Idk the science stuff just going from experience. Lol and when I use coco I don’t water to run off. Just enough to avoid run off. Never measured just got used to giving em the same amount while increasing when plant tells me it needs more. The coco I buy comes from Hydrobuilder.com. It says it’s washed repeatedly and pre buffered for precise nutrient uptake. Grow it commercial coco coir is what it’s called.
Im still learning a lot as i go too.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This may help you. I overwatered alot on my first grow, everyone probably does lol. I had to learn this the hard way with soil with leaf problems like you have which effect the plant cause its not feeling its best which effects everything, but when they say let the first 2” (up to your first knuckle) get bone dry, they mean bone dry. That is a perfect indicator for when its time to water again. Water just until runoff and then let the first 2” dry ALL the way out. If not you will suffocate your plant and you will vet fungus gnats which will be hundreds. They lay eggs in the top 2” if its constantly moist. They take over and eat up your plant. I have mini fans which I point right at the soil to keep it constantly drying and free of fungus and soon as its COMPLETELY dry, I water again. Hole this helps

Direct air flow onto soil mught be a bit too much. Especially indoors. If your grow is in your home..you are blowing alot of dust around bad for the lungs. Blow ari around the pots extraction fan above canopy to pull through the canopy. Or if yoir grow is super clean you coukd maybe blow fans facing to the floor bounce air off the floor up through the plants. Always bounce the air around and off other objects that arent plants. Plants dont like direct air.

N feeds Fungus lowering that or just outright using too much will cause fungal issues. They may be attracted to the co2 the soil is giving off...does very healthy soil give off more co2? Thats something to look into! Go for it google it!

Miiikke

Miiikke

Direct air flow onto soil mught be a bit too much. Especially indoors. If your grow is in your home..you are blowing alot of dust around bad for the lungs. Blow ari around the pots extraction fan above canopy to pull through the canopy. Or if yoir grow is super clean you coukd maybe blow fans facing to the floor bounce air off the floor up through the plants. Always bounce the air around and off other objects that arent plants. Plants dont like direct air.

N feeds Fungus lowering that or just outright using too much will cause fungal issues. They may be attracted to the co2 the soil is giving off...does very healthy soil give off more co2? Thats something to look into! Go for it google it!
Interesting! Thank you! but the soil would be bouncing off of something right, Im in a sterile bathroom. I also never blow directly on plant just off of instinct. I would blow right over the top, but the plant seems to love that air funneling through there and is responding well, and I havent seen a fungus gnat since!🙌🏼

156A950E 0EDC 4E40 9DD9 7ACE92235AA8
Miiikke

Miiikke

Interesting! Thank you! but the soil would be bouncing off of something right, Im in a sterile bathroom. I also never blow directly on plant just off of instinct. I would blow right over the top, but the plant seems to love that air funneling through there and is responding well, and I havent seen a fungus gnat since!🙌🏼

0DC20306 F2C5 4718 8541 B788670FC4FA
Miiikke

Miiikke

Zip

what do you mean lol? I tied nodes to the screen with plant, the screen is made of shoe string. With such heavy training I didnt want to use wire
Tied nodes to the screen with plant ties

E1EAF316 3632 4393 86FF EF921385440A
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if 30 days has passed and you haven’t seen a gnat than your good, watch plant as it should be growing everyday, if not than probably the gnat larvee are eating your roots causing stress and more. the problem with gnats is they’re larvee in the soil, not. necessarily the gnat itself..

Latest posts

Top Bottom