New Grower Plz Help!!

• Thread starter merlin-bless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

merlin-bless

Hi Guys Quick question, im pruning my plants what is the max you can do with out stressing them

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Don't get crazy pruning but quite a bit of leaf can be taken off before the plant is stressed, if it's healthy and too bushy. Perhaps more details or a picture would allow for better advice. Usually the best leaves to take off are the inner lower leaves and any that are mostly yellowed or browned. Unhealthy looking leaves are also good to remove for pest control purposes. Leave the larger fans leaves unless they are damaged. The fan leaves are what the plant generally uses to make itself food. Also any older leaves can be removed, these would be the leaves that only have three leaflets. Again if your plant doesn't have much leaf then don't remove too many. You can always judge by pruning a little everyday and see how they react.

S

Sea Of Green

My advice is don't prune any leaves. Gently remove those that have fallen off, or are about too. Pruning leaves is bad IMO. A little stem pruning to make it branch out is alright though.

K

kushtrees

pruning isnt bad imo as long as your pruning for a reason.

I never take more than 30% of the foliage off, and I only do that much when im taking cuttings from moms, anymore than that and recovery time is pretty long

its hard to tell wat a good amount to prune is without pics and it depends when your doing it and what your trying to achieve

Top Bottom