New grower, running into possible issues...please help!

• Thread starter Halfpint
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Halfpint

Halfpint

I really don’t believe it’s a watering issue as I’ve been very vigilant about my watering schedule but is this looking normal?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I really don’t believe it’s a watering issue as I’ve been very vigilant about my watering schedule but is this looking normal?

Gonna say still to much direct airflow. And tbh a humidifier in the tent is prob not a good idea.

Halfpint

Halfpint

Gonna say still to much direct airflow. And tbh a humidifier in the tent is prob not a good idea.
We have a humidors. Our gorilla tent came in which is taller than the last one and so there’s more room for the airflow and heat and moisture. I’ll send a vid/pic later but this morning my babies are standing up higher and look better. We’ve got the fans angled so they don’t hit the plants now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We have a humidors. Our gorilla tent came in which is taller than the last one and so there’s more room for the airflow and heat and moisture. I’ll send a vid/pic later but this morning my babies are standing up higher and look better. We’ve got the fans angled so they don’t hit the plants now.
Good stuff but I would move the humidifier outside the tent and control the room the tent is in for a couple main reasons.

1. You don't want any droplets/mist directly contacting the plants. This could increase risk of pathogens.

2. The humidity is not mixed well before the air is coming in contact with the plants and depending on airflow some areas will be high and other low. The tent is drawing in dry air in the space between the intake flaps and the plants it's not mixed well.

3. Space... As the plants grow it will compound the issues I listed and it take up space.

By controlling it outside the tent you have well mixed air with no mist/droplets and the air pulled into the tent is already good to go. It's also a bigger space and much easier to keep the humidity stable. Plants love stability

Halfpint

Halfpint

Another question, the smell of the plants is starting to reach the rest of the house, is a carbon filter a must or would an air purifier work to keep the smell from traveling through the house?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For your set up I would say a carbon filter is the way to go. It would depend on the filters for the air purifier and if it removes VOCs but likely would not be very effective.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You seem to be well on your way with the sage advice from @Aqua Man. One thing that I would hate to see happen in the future is the #1 mistake (In my opinion) with newer growers using a fortified soil... overfeeding. The soil you are using has a ton of nutrients in it already... more than a small plant is going to use for months. Even if the plant looks good, any added nutrients or Ph adjuster could cause nutrient lockouts and their resulting deficiencies. These might take weeks to show up in the plants, making it harder to pinpoint.
Nute companies encourage you to use their products like you were growing redwoods, and it is amazing how little nutes are actually needed for a plant to thrive. Remember that it is 1000x easier to add needed nutes than to get rid of too many, and the effects of too little nutes are very mild compared to the effects of too many. This is just general advice and it has served me well for decades. I'm not trying to tell you how to grow, as you seem to be progressing nicely.... I just don't want to see you make a common mistake among newer growers after overcoming these current issues. Keep up the good work!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You seem to be well on your way with the sage advice from @Aqua Man. One thing that I would hate to see happen in the future is the #1 mistake (In my opinion) with newer growers using a fortified soil... overfeeding. The soil you are using has a ton of nutrients in it already... more than a small plant is going to use for months. Even if the plant looks good, any added nutrients or Ph adjuster could cause nutrient lockouts and their resulting deficiencies. These might take weeks to show up in the plants, making it harder to pinpoint.
Nute companies encourage you to use their products like you were growing redwoods, and it is amazing how little nutes are actually needed for a plant to thrive. Remember that it is 1000x easier to add needed nutes than to get rid of too many, and the effects of too little nutes are very mild compared to the effects of too many. This is just general advice and it has served me well for decades. I'm not trying to tell you how to grow, as you seem to be progressing nicely.... I just don't want to see you make a common mistake among newer growers after overcoming these current issues. Keep up the good work!
Great advice

Halfpint

Halfpint

Thank you so much for the reply! We haven’t added any nutrients due to us using miracle grow, and don’t plan on it for a while. I’ll definitely be keeping this post updated as my grow continues 😊

Halfpint

Halfpint

Progress Vid! 💚 I know we haven’t move the humidifier out of the tent as was suggested in an earlier comment, however the room we have them growing in doesn’t have a door to allow that room to be shut off and climate controlled so we are doing our best to keep it climate controlled in the tent

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Progress Vid! 💚 I know we haven’t move the humidifier out of the tent as was suggested in an earlier comment, however the room we have them growing in doesn’t have a door to allow that room to be shut off and climate controlled so we are doing our best to keep it climate controlled in the tent
Lookin good... That humidifier terrifies me... It's screaming PM. It's off at night right?

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Your soil has the nutrients it needs in it because of the blend you used. I would only feed water until you notice it is quite lime green. Then you should follow a simple nutrient program at a low dose. Every 3rd watering you want to feed plain water throughout its life so the nutrients don't build up. Less is more when it comes to nutrients. The introduction of C02 should only be done in a sealed environment and when the plant is healthy and big enough as it will make the plants go into overdrive and should only be done when your in the swing of things. Also make sure to only feed plain water about 7 weeks in to your growth for 2 straight weeks to flush the plant out towards the end of its life.. Good luck and happy harvests!

Top Bottom