New grower. Second plant to have bent over.

• Thread starter SenseiPZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SenseiPZ

I started these from seeds like a week ago and this is the second one that has bent. The first completely folded and was parallel to its bottom half. This one seems to have fallen and recovered while I was at work. Is this because my lights are too far from the plant? Also had one shrivel up at the top while the root looks pretty healthy(dug it up because I was gonna toss it). The rest of the plants seem to be doing fine so I don’t think it’s heat but I’m not sure what the problem is. Also they are all currently planted in Mother Earth coco and perlite as I was told they arent supposed to have nutrients until weeks in but I haven’t found anything that’s confirmed or denied that. I have 10 plants but the pictures are a couple healthy ones and the messed up ones.
New grower second plant to have bent over
New grower second plant to have bent over 2
New grower second plant to have bent over 3
New grower second plant to have bent over 4

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Yea move your light closer, not too close but closer, what light do you have? , you can carefully pull the seedling and plant it deeper, add some dirt around it , support it with a stick, or let it try to grow out of it, itself.

S

SenseiPZ

For sure and it’s just the ceiling light and a two light lamp with the flexible bulb pointed towards them. I have another lamp that’s one bulb but flexible enuf to be an overhead right above em. Also how close is too close?

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Idk man, I don’t think you’ll burn them with lamps, what do you plan to grow under, can I see a pic of the setup?

S

SenseiPZ

Before you telling me that the bright bulb was in the top of the two bulb. But I’ve switched it to what you see now. Up to now I’ve been blindly taking advice from a roomy who used to grow commercially but it seems apparent I need to take things into my own hands. And looking at others seedling setups they have the lights wayyy closer. Before it was like a foot and a half from the light. This is the laundry room. I have a uninsulated garage that I plan to use when things warm up again and also thought about using my closet but it’d only fit one tray of 7 which ig is better than nothing considering my circumstances. Big plan was in December when my roommate moved out turn his room into a grow and buy proper lights(height and brightness) and really get things goin.
IMG 3743
IMG 3744

P

Putthataway

I would have already accidentally dumped 1/4-1/2 of the soil in that dryer. Be careful.

Nightstick008

Nightstick008

I started these from seeds like a week ago and this is the second one that has bent. The first completely folded and was parallel to its bottom half. This one seems to have fallen and recovered while I was at work. Is this because my lights are too far from the plant? Also had one shrivel up at the top while the root looks pretty healthy(dug it up because I was gonna toss it). The rest of the plants seem to be doing fine so I don’t think it’s heat but I’m not sure what the problem is. Also they are all currently planted in Mother Earth coco and perlite as I was told they arent supposed to have nutrients until weeks in but I haven’t found anything that’s confirmed or denied that. I have 10 plants but the pictures are a couple healthy ones and the messed up ones. View attachment 2046902View attachment 2046903View attachment 2046904View attachment 2046905
Let em grow but they have a disability now. You are going to have to treat them with extra love and understanding. You might want to pop some new seeds and move the light a we bit closer.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Seriously you’re wasting your time and the risk of getting busted for a 1/8 th of a oz if your lucky with them lights.

You have the room you just need a proper light

Honestly bud no offence meant but you won’t get anything worth taking the risk for let alone adding the cost of the electric. Honestly I’m not being mean just being realistic

K

Kamisama

Tried those bulbs too, they dont work at all. Plant will not have any growth.
Get some cheapier led light and reduce plants to 4 because small light will not cover more.
Budget 100-200eur, check first lumatek pro, they ve the latest chips, perhaps it ll be around 200eur (those 200-300W).
Mars hydro has also the new chip in the cheapier verion.
Spider farmer is relativelly cheap.

New chip samsungs lm301h evo, older chips samsung lm301b

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
5 dollar walmart "grow light" works great for seedlings🤣

20230812 183842
20230821 111350
20230922 173441
Top Bottom